Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

suppose thats a fair enough point.  just saying that 3 incidents of this nature in a season 3 too many

winsamsoon

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 03, 2009, 03:18:45 PM
the 3rd sour incident maghery been involved in this year.  was a 30 man brawl against our b team at the start of the year.  their management didnt help the whole situation coming onto the field and trying to fight with some of our minor players then after the incident had been resolved continued to shout up to our bench that "we where going knowhere and neither was our senior team" waz talking to a st.pauls player lastnight and there was an incident with their b team and maghery last week as well.  if this was cullyhanna there would be alot more said

It shouldn't matter who it is charlie whether it be a spitting incident or a full scale brawl. The spitting incident could have potentially led to a full scale brawl and could also have led to fella's missing senior championship games through suspension. Incidents like this should all be dealt with severly. This maghery incident should also be punished an not left to fester on
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

Benny i am sure there is happiness in the club now that clown has gone. Maybe that other clown Peter might come back?? please say no. >:(

fitzroyalty

well from what i heard both teams were at it, not much ball being played, fighting and rowing throughout the game and it obviously boiled over at the end. I wasn't at the match but obviously the whitecross version of events has been given here. however reading what has been said here and from what a maghery man told me it would appear they were the instigators and not whitecross. it makes perfect sense that maghery would try and target whitecross' key players when maghery themselves have a no. of injuries and key men out for their SFC tie. from the tone of the maghery lad i spoke to he gave the impression that maghery were the guilty party and were out to intimidate their opponents, and didn't seem to think anything was untoward with those tactics

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: thewanderer on August 03, 2009, 08:33:58 AM
Stupid by jp cost the ogs the game which was there for the taking. at least the ogs have given cross 2 hard games.

Dont know JP personally but think hes usually quick with his fists on the filed, have seen him raise them twice this year unpunished although he did get his face busted open after he lifted them in Davitt park. Maybe hes got what hes been asking for all year. So close to championship to - TIT.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 03, 2009, 04:23:59 PM
Stupid by jp cost the ogs the game which was there for the taking. at least the ogs have given cross 2 hard games.

Dont know JP personally but think hes usually quick with his fists on the filed, have seen him raise them twice this year unpunished although he did get his face busted open after he lifted them in Davitt park. Maybe hes got what hes been asking for all year. So close to championship to - TIT.
........... and this is the man that many want to see playing for the County; I always said he was a liability.
"Stercus accidit"

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 03, 2009, 05:19:33 PM

........... and this is the man that many want to see playing for the County; I always said he was a liability.

Not good enough either.

armaghtrue

Countless incidents like this have now taken place in maghery in the last few years, bout time county board takes some action, 
Just heard mullabawn and tullysarran have been banned from u21 championship for 2 years, wats  the difference in them and maghery???

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghtrue on August 03, 2009, 09:31:53 PM
Countless incidents like this have now taken place in maghery in the last few years, bout time county board takes some action, 
Just heard mullabawn and tullysarran have been banned from u21 championship for 2 years, wats  the difference in them and maghery???

Well neither would have county players throwing their weight around, that counts for a lot when it comes to these punishments. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

torres

i think our county board needs to look at the seriousness of all the incidents which have happened this season and clamp down hard on players/clubs before anyone gets seriously hurt .

armaghtrue

Think your right pints,  prob nothing happen to maghery ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: torres on August 03, 2009, 09:44:58 PM
i think our county board needs to look at the seriousness of all the incidents which have happened this season and clamp down hard on players/clubs before anyone gets seriously hurt .
Dont hold your breath.

Though they are likely to pick on a small club, one without county players etc and make an example of them.  
Mullabawn or tullysarran wont be able to kick up too much stink so it'll cost them nothing to throw a two year ban at them. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

im sure rico didnt get punch in the face for nothing

rootthemout

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 03, 2009, 10:16:41 PM

so umgola are you saying what jp done was right,as said earlier he is a liability ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 03, 2009, 10:16:41 PM

FFS umgola that's pure fcuked up logic!  I haven't plsyed against JP for a good number of years but when he was with the Harps he always was trying to be the hard man then.  I am no angel but I don't swipe out at every opportunity to shoe how "hard" I am.  Maybe Rico said something but at the end of the day if JP wants to be regarded as being a serious player he needs to get beyond clipping young lads!