Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: illdecide on August 02, 2009, 12:31:04 PM
Clans v St Pats now in Blackwatertown at 6 instead of Ballymcnab. I assume Blackwatertown is An Port Mor?

The teletext gives the Mullaghbawn game off.

Cullyhanna by 1.

Clans are mouths, 2 redded after the game, good enough for them.
Its all about the Hurling.

lurganblue

Yep clans were beaten by a point. Fair play to cullyhanna, they played well and deserved their win in the end. The high ball tactic in the second half worked for them. Good luck to them in the final.

The two reds at the end were for slabbering at the ref who failed to give the most blatant free kick ever as the clans were on the attack searching for an equaliser. The less I say about the ref the better. Wouldn't want to appear a slabber too!! He didn't lose us the game, we did that by ourselves.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on August 02, 2009, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 02, 2009, 12:31:04 PM
Clans v St Pats now in Blackwatertown at 6 instead of Ballymcnab. I assume Blackwatertown is An Port Mor?

The teletext gives the Mullaghbawn game off.

Cullyhanna by 1.

Was it 2? Seen the big ginger haired lad getting a red card. Didn't see the other. Thought he would have given a free at the end right enough though it was probably shoulder to shoulder. The free to Clans a minute before for overcarrying was very very harsh.

Great to get the win. Poor first half but we produced a lot better in the second and Paul Toner's goal was the decisive score. Kyle McEvoy scored a couple of great points and Martin McQuillan did well when he came on, some good direct balls into the full forward line. Neil McConville at midfield was probably the man of the match.

Pearse Ógs in the final now. I think its on Sunday?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on August 02, 2009, 07:47:00 PM
Cullyhanna by 1.
Good enough indeed! Who are they in their right mind to question the ref after his sterling display! ;)

qub la la la

Crossmaglen     15   15   0     0   30 (Champions)
Pearse Og        15     8   2     5   18
Carrickcruppen  16     7   2     7   16
Dromintee        16     8   0     8   16
St Patrick's       15     7   1     7   15
Sarsfields          16     7   1     8   15
Clan na Gael      15     6   1     8   13
Killeavy             16     5   1    10  11
Mullaghbawn     15     5   1    9    11
Culloville            15     4   1   10    9

that leaves it that both culloville and killeavy can get a maximum on 15 points so 16 points is the magic number to be safe. Not sure of the remaining fixtures.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Any word on Rangers v Ógs or why the Mullaghbán game was called off?

crossfire

Division 1 Cross beat Ogs by 2.
Ogs were winning by 2, ten minutes into second half,but had a man sent off which probably cost them the match.

fitzroyalty

Remaining fixtures

Clan Na Gael -v- St. Patricks 
Cullaville  -v-  Mullabawn 
Carrickcruppin  -v- Mullabawn 
Clan Na Gael  -v- Killeavey 
Crossmaglen  -v- Dromintee 
Sarsfields  -v- Cullaville 
St. Patricks  -v- Pearse Og
Carrickcruppin  -v- Clan Na Gael 
St. Patricks  -v- Crossmaglen
Pearse Og  -v- Cullaville     
Mullabawn  -v- Dromintee     
Sarsfields  -v- Killeavey 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Remaining fixtures

Clan Na Gael -v- St. Patricks  Clans
Cullaville  -v-  Mullabawn  Cullaville
Carrickcruppin  -v- Mullabawn  Mullaghbán
Clan Na Gael  -v- Killeavey  Clans
Crossmaglen  -v- Dromintee  Cross
Sarsfields  -v- Cullaville  Sarsfields
St. Patricks  -v- Pearse Og    Ógs
Carrickcruppin  -v- Clan Na Gael  Clans
St. Patricks  -v- Crossmaglen  Cross
Pearse Og  -v- Cullaville     Ógs
Mullabawn  -v- Dromintee    Mullaghban 
Sarsfields  -v- Killeavey  Sarsfields

Those results would put Killeavy and Culloville down.

fitzroyalty

Sarsfields I think will finish strongly, probably top four, they have two home games remaining, against Culloville & Killeavy, who I can't see getting an away win out in trasna. Killeavy are conceeding a lot of goals as of late, at least ten in their last 4 games which is worrying for them. Clans have Killeavy, Cruppen and Pat's still to play, 3 tough games but I think one win should see us safe, if against Killeavy then for definite. Mullabawn v Culloville is probably the most important game of the season, personally can't see Mullabawn winning any of their remaining games.

qub la la la

Who was sent off for ogs? straight red?

torres

CLANN EIREANN 1-8 - 0-13 GRANEMORE . ;D

seen earlier on OC that maghery bt whitecross and there was a melee at the end of the game with supporters [ maghery ] running on and hit 2 w-cross players , that post has since been deleted . :o .

armagh leg-end

Quote from: qub la la la on August 02, 2009, 11:03:44 PM
Who was sent off for ogs? straight red?

jp donelly straight red. punched rico kelly right in front of the ref!

think he might miss championship now
Ard Mhacha Abu

thewanderer

Stupid by jp cost the ogs the game which was there for the taking. at least the ogs have given cross 2 hard games.

davo

Ogs in total control of the game against cross. they were 3 up and then jp donnelly needlessly struck out at kelly which cost them the match. cross won the game during the 10 minutes after the sending off when mcentee pulled the strings. ogs rallied again and came back at cross but it wasnt to be. thought it was a good hard hitting game. both teams will take something from it. unfortunate now that jp will miss probably the remainder of the season