Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

Do Armagh play in the Ulster U21 next week, will the cross player be let play, considering they haven't even trained with them.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

heganboy

i was just watching the Galway league game there. Martin O Rourke gets some amount of ball but you wonder what he does with it? Diarmuid wasn't really in synch with the rest of the team. McGeeney was streets ahead of McKeever in CHB. McGrane covered serious ground, but is going to end up booked in every game- he walks a fine line sometimes. Andy Mallon excellent, Finnian Moriarty showed some good flashes and some poor ones. The shooting was brutal- Keenan must have kicked 7/8 wides in the second half. MOR wasn't able to hit a barn door. Kevin McGuckian did some job on Stevie...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

illdecide

Quote from: Spiritof98 on March 19, 2007, 01:54:16 PM
Do Armagh play in the Ulster U21 next week, will the cross player be let play, considering they haven't even trained with them.

Yes they play Tyrone in Davitt Park, Lurgan. Can't answer about the Cross player
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Can you confirm it's in Lurgan?? Do you know the time?

Should be an entertaining match...Tyrone U21's seem impressive, & there should be some decent names on the Armagh panel also!

...I presume the senior panel will be down to the bare bones next Sunday due to this!!!??

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 20, 2007, 09:13:23 AM
Can you confirm it's in Lurgan?? Do you know the time?

Should be an entertaining match...Tyrone U21's seem impressive, & there should be some decent names on the Armagh panel also!

...I presume the senior panel will be down to the bare bones next Sunday due to this!!!??

Can't be 100% sure but when i was on the pitch last week our groundsman said he would need the pitch rolled as Armagh and Tyrone play on it this weekend, thats all i know chief

Goats Do Shave

Aertel has it set for Davitt park 3.30 throw in.

illdecide

Had that confirmed Last night Sat 3:30. I take it Tyrone will be massive favourites?

Heshs Umpire

Lads and lassies,
Just wondering if any of your clubs are travelling down to Laois for the double header next weekend and interested a challenge game?
We're an intermediate (Division 2) team just outside Portlaoise where the games are being played and would be happy to host a team of similar standard on Sunday morning or early on the Saturday evening.
You can give me a ring on 087-6894108 if you're interested.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

sam03/05

Anyone think Armagh could make the semi finals??
I think they have a good chance as the play Laois and Westmeath next

armaghniac

Remaining fixtures

Division 1B 30/03 or 1/04
Portlaoise Laois v Ard Mhacha
Newcastle An Dún v Doire
Drogheda An Lú v Gaillimh
Cusack Park An Iarmhí v Cill Dara

08/04
Tuam/Pearse Park Gaillimh v An Dún
Newbridge Cill Dara v Laois
Celtic Park Doire v An Lú
Crossmaglen Ard Mhacha v An Iarmhí

from an Armagh perspective we'd be hoping for at least one more victory, probably Westmeath is our best chance. If Kildare also beat Westmeath then they would end up below Armagh, but we still end up in Div 2 unless we beat Laois and Kildare beat Laois. Armagh has a good prospect of winning more than Louth, in which case both our neighbours would get the drop, which they would deserve I suppose since we beat them. When Sam 03/05 talks of semi-finals he is either bad at maths or more likely is a Tyronie taking the piss.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

The way Armagh are playing at the minute i can't see them getting a result in Portlaoise, i def think they'll beat Westmeath though. On the Armagh v Down thread there was a few lads taking the middle out of the Cullyhanna lads, what is the reason for this? (is it still the Bridge v Cullhanna despute or is there somthing else i don't know about)

Surely when your representing your county it shouldn't matter what your club is you should be getting the support from everyone. I see in the paper today big Joe is looking the U21 game postponed, whats his chances of that?

el_cuervo_fc

Whats the story with Tony Kernan after the U21 game?

brokencrossbar1

Medial ligament in his knee.  Will miss the rest of the u21s.  Lad is gutted.

DownFanatic

Our Seniors are playing Collegeland this Sunday in a Friendly. Does anybody have any directions to here from Newcastle/Dundrum? Also what standard of they of? Division 3?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2007, 01:45:35 PM
Medial ligament in his knee.  Will miss the rest of the u21s.  Lad is gutted.

Very sorry to hear that - any time I have seen him, he always looks a class act - best wishes for a speedy recovery!