Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 29, 2009, 10:58:58 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 29, 2009, 10:47:11 PM
How do you know that anybody was bit or spat at? Were you fit to see everything that happened everywhere on the pitch?! You come on making wild allegations yet the referee and 2 linesmen didn't manage to see all these mythical incidents that you are so well briefed on. If anybody from Clan na Gael had been punched they wouldn't have been long hitting the ground. There were 2 incidents in the match, one where a Clan na Gael man was sent off and another bit of a row along the sideline which I didn't see but again there was a linesman right beside it and no action was taken against anybody from Cullyhanna. I'll take the judgement of 3 nuetral officials over the typical whining of some Clans people.
Shock you didn't see that.

These aren't allegations, I was on the field of play, and I was spat at. I was also kicked off the ball... I'm near positive I didn't dream this incidents up  ::)

I'll also inform you as to what happened when it kicked off at the sideline, beside the Cullyhanna bench (shock). Our player attempted to take a quick sideline and was forcefully stopped from doing so by the subs. This sparked the melee that proceeded, Cullyhanna were clearly the instigators yet in the end a Clans player was booked  ??? Explain that.

This may come as a shock to you, but it is not uncommon for referees and officials to be bias towards/against certain teams. This certainly happened tonight.

Not that much of a shock, I was umpiring at the far goal.

The most obvious explanation would be that the linesman looked at the situation, deserved that the behaviour of the Clan na Gael deserved a yellow card but that nobody from Cullyhanna had done anything wrong. Probably a similar enough process to what happend when Clan na Gael had their man sent off. And its a lot more common for players and supporters to be talking nonsense about biased referees than to actually come across one.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Of course it is cliche for me as a Clansman to complain about referees, but tonight was a poor performance. I think he definetely favoured Cullyhanna though seemed at the end to give us a few soft decisions to try and make up for earlier. The Cullyhanna penalty was a stonewall 13m free, was disgusted at that when he gave that decision. Also, there are plenty of biased referees out there, and would you believe it or not, not all of them are out to get the Clans  ;)

curvey

I was at the game tonight and i don't think the ref was that bad, he got a few big decisions wrong but they evened themselves up and i think a draw was a fair result. Callahan's penalty decision was 5 meters outside the box and his momentum carried him into the box, the Clans penalty at the end of the match was a very harsh decision too so i reckon they evened themselves out. The Clans missed awful scoreable chances from free's whereas Cullyhanna's no 15 popped everything over.

Clans defensively weren't to bad but were bossed out of it around the middle and up front were brutal. As for the sending off he deserved to go as the linesman seen him striking and so did i, the lad that was sent off was bitten...thats fact but the ref didn't see it nor did the linesman, you can't send someone off for something they didn't see.

One point I'd like to know..........How the f**k can you postpone a senior match because of a B match replay.......WTF

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: curvey on July 29, 2009, 11:18:44 PM
I was at the game tonight and i don't think the ref was that bad, he got a few big decisions wrong but they evened themselves up and i think a draw was a fair result. Callahan's penalty decision was 5 meters outside the box and his momentum carried him into the box, the Clans penalty at the end of the match was a very harsh decision too so i reckon they evened themselves out. The Clans missed awful scoreable chances from free's whereas Cullyhanna's no 15 popped everything over.

Clans defensively weren't to bad but were bossed out of it around the middle and up front were brutal. As for the sending off he deserved to go as the linesman seen him striking and so did i, the lad that was sent off was bitten...thats fact but the ref didn't see it nor did the linesman, you can't send someone off for something they didn't see.

One point I'd like to know..........How the f**k can you postpone a senior match because of a B match replay.......WTF

If you're the chair of the county board ya can do whatever ya want!

Strange one alright. Can only assume there was another reason to call off the senior match. Not sure what though - hadn't heard anything. Unless they want the B championship to finish on time given that the senior and minor championships are still to start and the u21 championship isn't near finished.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 29, 2009, 11:26:44 PM
Quote from: curvey on July 29, 2009, 11:18:44 PM

If you're the chair of the county board ya can do whatever ya want!

Strange one alright. Can only assume there was another reason to call off the senior match. Not sure what though - hadn't heard anything. Unless they want the B championship to finish on time given that the senior and minor championships are still to start and the u21 championship isn't near finished.
I heard before the match tonight that the senior game was off...don't know why though  ???

curvey

The sensible thing would have been to play extra time and finish the bloody match and then the senior match could have went ahead as normal, afterall we were playing in a ground with the best flood lights in the county.......F**king use them ya useless county board twats.

The replay should be interesting as the clans will feel they can't play as bad again and St Pats will feel they left it behind them

lurganblue

was at the match myself tonight lads and we were lucky to get out of jail after being brought down to the level of cullyhanna and under performing ourselves.  This was obviously their tactic from the off and it almost worked out for them.
Clans forward line didnt get going at all while cullyhanna dominated around the middle, with their number 15 scoring some cracker frees from distance.

My view of the sending off incident.
The cullyhanna number six was flattened by a late tackle around the middle as play went on with cullyhanna attacking.  He received some treatment and got up in a rage about the late tackle.  He then proceeded to mark his man and play continued.  I decided i would watch what way he reacts instead of followig play.  He clearly began standing down the backs of his markers ankles and then bit him on the shoulder.  The clans man imeadiately swung but missed him with his right then caught him with his left.  Clearly both deserved to go but the linesman (not the ref) only saw the punch.

I personally thought the ref was average but began to lose control towards the end.  The ref certainly wouldnt have lost us the match...

JUst retired

The County Chairman can not put a game off. It has to be done by C.C.C.
If you are going to make "bitchy" remarks ,make sure they are right. :o

flog the lot

Quote from: curvey on July 29, 2009, 11:34:28 PM
The sensible thing would have been to play extra time and finish the bloody match and then the senior match could have went ahead as normal, afterall we were playing in a ground with the best flood lights in the county.......F**king use them ya useless county board t**ts.

The replay should be interesting as the clans will feel they can't play as bad again and St Pats will feel they left it behind them

when the ref blew for full time he said there was going to be extra time, but then the county board members over-ruled that and said it would have to be a replay... don't unterstand why couldn't play extra time, we played extra time in the south armagh B final....

cullyhanna played ok last night but felt our fowards underperformed with only our free taking keeping us in the match and will be hoping for an improvement on sunday!...

the clans penalty should never been given, the big fellow went down like a sack of spuds when he had knowwhere to go and about 4 st pats players between him an goal!

lurganblue

Quote from: flog the lot on July 30, 2009, 08:27:50 AM
Quote from: curvey on July 29, 2009, 11:34:28 PM
The sensible thing would have been to play extra time and finish the bloody match and then the senior match could have went ahead as normal, afterall we were playing in a ground with the best flood lights in the county.......F**king use them ya useless county board t**ts.

when the ref blew for full time he said there was going to be extra time, but then the county board members over-ruled that and said it would have to be a replay... don't unterstand why couldn't play extra time, we played extra time in the south armagh B final....

cullyhanna played ok last night but felt our fowards underperformed with only our free taking keeping us in the match and will be hoping for an improvement on sunday!...

the clans penalty should never been given, the big fellow went down like a sack of spuds when he had knowwhere to go and about 4 st pats players between him an goal!

although i was glad to see it, i didnt think it was a penalty either. so both penalties were dubious.

illdecide

Quote from: JUst retired on July 30, 2009, 08:09:33 AM

Who mentioned the county chairman? your jumping to conclusions because the county chairman is a Clans man (well that's the rumour anyway), he prob wasn't even at the match. It was some other old fart that came over to the ref after the match to tell him he couldn't play extra time (dunno who it was, the man was about 70)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on July 30, 2009, 09:31:49 AM

Who mentioned the county chairman? your jumping to conclusions because the county chairman is a Clans man (well that's the rumour anyway), he prob wasn't even at the match. It was some other old fart that came over to the ref after the match to tell him he couldn't play extra time (dunno who it was, the man was about 70)

the fella wearing the ulster council top?

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on July 30, 2009, 09:45:44 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 30, 2009, 09:31:49 AM

the fella wearing the ulster council top?

Correct saan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

FOA Dromintee folk online.

http://www.dromintee.com/

Looks good, hopefully the bottom field gets sorted too.