Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 28, 2009, 08:38:12 PM
i went to the Mullaghbawn Clans game the other week Clans far deserving of the 2 points, only side trrying play football.  I was by myself so just started talking to this older clans supporter, just about general armagh football before the game etc he seemed relatively sound until the ball was threw in.  every free gave to mullaghawn he was screaming in my ear then there was words exchanged with the mbawn supporters.  i actually left ten mins before end was getting a sore head!ref wasnt even bad!
Wolfe Tones' supporters weren't too afraid to express themselves on Sunday evening either Charlie  ;) Telling the ref a few home truths
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 28, 2009, 06:24:28 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 27, 2009, 11:52:13 PM
Pity we didn't get the glamour tie of Tones vs Highmoss  ;)
want to avoid them to be honest cant see us beating them
You's will have to play them at some stage if you's have any intention of winning the IFC...You's know them inside out, wouldn't be too hard to stop them from playing IMO

slievegullion

Quote from: ogshead on July 28, 2009, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2009, 07:05:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2009, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2009, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 28, 2009, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2009, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: Clansman on July 27, 2009, 12:26:04 PM
every club has slabbers but ours are probably the worst. Its most of the older generation who NEVER praise the players no matter what it is just all negative comments . Every week on the sidelines its the same old shit . Shouting too the Ref " Take it yourself " . Even after a win they find something to moan about. Im not saying all of them are like that its just a handful who make the rest look bad. Anyway well done to the players for a great effort so far this season and i know you will see it through in the last few matches. Good Luck

I have never met a bigger set of know it alls than the older Clans men... Its a joke.

The conspiracy theories an all these fellas spout are unreal.

all in a days work nail!

Unfortunately. Does my head in listening to it. Did you know Joe Kernan was still managing Armagh this year and the Kernans refused to pass to Ryan Henderson against Monaghan when he came on apparently??

Thats the sorta shit they talk, I just sit there and nod.

It's not a conspiracy, it's all true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**k!! They were right all along!! Gonna have to start a thread on the main page about this!!

I heard a brilliant conspiracy story today that made me laugh out load. Someone was talking about the Peter Mc Donnell exit statement last week and was talking about the tactics getting leaked. They said that was because Joe Kernan had been coaching Monaghan prior to the game. Conspiracy story of the year I reckon!!
Wrong thread ;-)

slievegullion

charlie stubbs

Wolfe Tones' supporters weren't too afraid to express themselves on Sunday evening either Charlie  ;) Telling the ref a few home truths

suppose a few where badly behaved.lol  hate these pukes that slabber when the ref doing nothing wrong though
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 28, 2009, 06:24:28 PM

You's will have to play them at some stage if you's have any intention of winning the IFC...You's know them inside out, wouldn't be too hard to stop them from playing IMO
[/quote]
im not so sure fitz.  i think there a mental block with alot of the players, i dont know why underage for the last 7/8 years our inors havealways beaten them and that the basis of their team.  the two league defeats last year very hard to stomach.  i think cullaville could def take them and we showed last year we are capable of beating them.  would worry about their defence though dont think it great
i

fitzroyalty

Makes you wonder how a club with such sh*te underage structures can get into Division 1  ??? lol
Cullaville and Sarsfield's obviously the favourites, how confident are you's for the q/f against the flourbags?

illdecide

Clans v St Pats tonight in Athletic Grounds 7:30 (i think) in the B championship semi final...Will the county board let us warm up on their precious pitch ::) or have they a designated warm up area close-by?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

every club has slabbers but ours are probably the worst. Its most of the older generation who NEVER praise the players no matter what it is just all negative comments . Every week on the sidelines its the same old shit . Shouting too the Ref " Take it yourself " . Even after a win they find something to moan about. Im not saying all of them are like that its just a handful who make the rest look bad. Anyway well done to the players for a great effort so far this season and i know you will see it through in the last few matches. Good Luck

I have never met a bigger set of know it alls than the older Clans men... Its a joke.

i went to the Mullaghbawn Clans game the other week Clans far deserving of the 2 points, only side trrying play football.  I was by myself so just started talking to this older clans supporter, just about general armagh football before the game etc he seemed relatively sound until the ball was threw in.  every free gave to mullaghawn he was screaming in my ear then there was words exchanged with the mbawn supporters.  i actually left ten mins before end was getting a sore head!ref wasnt even bad!

They're cat altogether. Ran the line when we were playing them earlier this year, can't remember hearing worse yaps in my life. Amongst their "highlights" was accusing Ciaran McKeever of not trying against Tyrone.  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 29, 2009, 02:50:15 PM
Amongst their "highlights" was accusing Ciaran McKeever of not trying against Tyrone.  ::)
You have to admitt that is funny  ;)

armagh leg-end

Quote from: illdecide on July 29, 2009, 02:29:43 PM
Clans v St Pats tonight in Athletic Grounds 7:30 (i think) in the B championship semi final...Will the county board let us warm up on their precious pitch ::) or have they a designated warm up area close-by?

well the teams at the weekend warmed up on the pitch before the game! you could always go out to madden...yas did well their last week!!lol
Ard Mhacha Abu

ogshead

Quote from: slievegullion on July 28, 2009, 10:04:39 PM
Quote from: ogshead on July 28, 2009, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2009, 07:05:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2009, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2009, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 28, 2009, 06:47:47 PM

all in a days work nail!

Unfortunately. Does my head in listening to it. Did you know Joe Kernan was still managing Armagh this year and the Kernans refused to pass to Ryan Henderson against Monaghan when he came on apparently??

Thats the sorta shit they talk, I just sit there and nod.

It's not a conspiracy, it's all true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**k!! They were right all along!! Gonna have to start a thread on the main page about this!!

I heard a brilliant conspiracy story today that made me laugh out load. Someone was talking about the Peter Mc Donnell exit statement last week and was talking about the tactics getting leaked. They said that was because Joe Kernan had been coaching Monaghan prior to the game. Conspiracy story of the year I reckon!!
Wrong thread ;-)

Didn't realise there was thread going on but had seen that after I posted, my post only related to conspiracy theories and now I notice someone on the other thread is taking this seriously which proves how one rumour can spiral out of control!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's drew with Clans in the semi final of the B Championship. Think it might have been 1-11 each.

We were 2 points up at half time, mostly from Kyle McEvoy's accurate free taking and a well struck penalty. To be fair, Clans probably should have been ahead at half time. They had a number of dangerous attacks but could neither take the simple point or manufacture a real goal chance. Couple of bad wides as well.

St Pat's played much the better football in the second half, particularly after Clans were reduced to 14 men after an off the ball incident. We were 4 ahead heading into injury time but gave away a stupid penalty and Clans got the equaliser with the last kick of the match.

Replay on Sunday at 2pm. Senior match between the 2 clubs is off.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tonight some of the Clans players were slabbering to each other about slabbering.  ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 29, 2009, 09:41:44 PM
St Pat's drew with Clans in the semi final of the B Championship. Think it might have been 1-11 each.

We were 2 points up at half time, mostly from Kyle McEvoy's accurate free taking and a well struck penalty. To be fair, Clans probably should have been ahead at half time. They had a number of dangerous attacks but could neither take the simple point or manufacture a real goal chance. Couple of bad wides as well.

St Pat's played much the better football in the second half, particularly after Clans were reduced to 14 men after an off the ball incident. We were 4 ahead heading into injury time but gave away a stupid penalty and Clans got the equaliser with the last kick of the match.

Replay on Sunday at 2pm. Senior match between the 2 clubs is off.
Cullyhanna No.6 bit our player. Understandably our man retaliated and rightly so, though the Cullyhanna man hit the deck quicker than Philly Jordan being hit by a fart. The ref of course fell for it...

I have lost an awful amount of what little respect I had for Cullyhanna after tonight. Our players were kicked, spat at, punched and fouled. Right from throw-in this went on, with Cullyhanna supporters even getting involved. I am not as naive to think that we weren't in for a good hard game, but tonight was a disgrace and whats worse the ref couldn't even handle it...

A very soft penalty for Pat's in the first half when the mans momentum carried him into the area, though they maybe should have had another goal when they missed a one-on-one. Our downfall was missing easy frees and then conceding soft ones at the other end where we were punished by their accurate free taking. No denying we got out of jail tonight, mixed feelings as we never got out of second gear and fell for a lot of Cullyhanna's cynical tactics. Look forward to the replay  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

How do you know that anybody was bit or spat at? Were you fit to see everything that happened everywhere on the pitch?! You come on making wild allegations yet the referee and 2 linesmen didn't manage to see all these mythical incidents that you are so well briefed on. If anybody from Clan na Gael had been punched they wouldn't have been long hitting the ground. There were 2 incidents in the match, one where a Clan na Gael man was sent off and another bit of a row along the sideline which I didn't see but again there was a linesman right beside it and no action was taken against anybody from Cullyhanna. I'll take the judgement of 3 nuetral officials over the typical whining of some Clans people.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 29, 2009, 10:47:11 PM
How do you know that anybody was bit or spat at? Were you fit to see everything that happened everywhere on the pitch?! You come on making wild allegations yet the referee and 2 linesmen didn't manage to see all these mythical incidents that you are so well briefed on. If anybody from Clan na Gael had been punched they wouldn't have been long hitting the ground. There were 2 incidents in the match, one where a Clan na Gael man was sent off and another bit of a row along the sideline which I didn't see but again there was a linesman right beside it and no action was taken against anybody from Cullyhanna. I'll take the judgement of 3 nuetral officials over the typical whining of some Clans people.
Shock you didn't see that.

These aren't allegations, I was on the field of play, and I was spat at. I was also kicked off the ball... I'm near positive I didn't dream this incidents up  ::)

I'll also inform you as to what happened when it kicked off at the sideline, beside the Cullyhanna bench (shock). Our player attempted to take a quick sideline and was forcefully stopped from doing so by the subs. This sparked the melee that proceeded, Cullyhanna were clearly the instigators yet in the end a Clans player was booked  ??? Explain that.

This may come as a shock to you, but it is not uncommon for referees and officials to be bias towards/against certain teams. This certainly happened tonight.