Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

lets see you buy it or are u yellow??? ;D

corn02

Cruppen and Killeavy will probably be surprised to be behind Dromintee on the betting if form is anything to go by, or our performances against them.

thewanderer

i d say bridge will be very happy to have drawn bwt or st michaels both very poor. keady v b hegan old grudge rivals with keady rebuilding hard to call. tones should have upper hand on st. peters but they are not a good championship team in recent years. sars v cville would look good for sars but cville have a bit of steel about them when it comes to cship and sars dont like s/armagh teams in c/ship as we saw last year. interesting games ahead???

Donagh

Quote from: fred the red on July 27, 2009, 09:33:23 PM
Bad news for Eire Og:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8171336.stm
Pensioner tied up in GAA robbery  

A gentleman, Mickey. I seriously hope these cnuts get what they deserve.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Think the bookies have the sides ranked about right in the odds. Have the first 3 right anway, wouldn't agree at all that Cruppen or Killeavy have a better chance than Dromintee. Clans might argue that they have more chance than we do, based on the fact that they usually beat us I suppose. Ógs are proably best placed to challenge. Harps would have been a lot less than 20/1 if they'd been in any sort of form.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

slievegullion

Quote from: full back on July 28, 2009, 08:18:31 AM
Armagh SFC 2009
Outright Betting

1/4 - Crossmaglen
7/1 - Pearse Ogs
10/1 - Dromintee
12/1 - St Pat's
14/1 - Clan Na Gael
16/1 - Carrickcruppen
20/1 - Mullabawn
20/1 - Killeavy
20/1 - Maghery
20/1 - Whitecross
20/1 - Harps
33/1 - Granemore
40/1 - Ballymacnab
50/1 - Tir Na Nog

Where did them odds come from?

full back

slievegullion

Yeah they're about right I'd say. 1/4 before a championship starts, crazy. Just shows what sort of condition the championship is in.

Speaking of Bar One, anyone else think it strange that they sponsor Crossmaglen when one of their high profile players wrote a book about having a gambling problem?

full back

Quote from: slievegullion on July 28, 2009, 11:40:21 AM
Yeah they're about right I'd say. 1/4 before a championship starts, crazy. Just shows what sort of condition the championship is in.

Well Barney says thanks for approving it ;)

Do you not think that 1/4 is a great price fro Cross?
I would have been thinking more 1/6 or 1/8

orange2009

I see the highlights are up on the armagh website now, they actually aren't too bad.  Hope they keep it going though.

slievegullion

Quote from: full back on July 28, 2009, 11:44:01 AM

Well Barney says thanks for approving it ;)

Do you not think that 1/4 is a great price fro Cross?
I would have been thinking more 1/6 or 1/8

Yeah, possibly. Whats the shortest they've ever been? It couldn't be much shorter than 1/4?

yellowcard

Quote from: thewanderer on July 28, 2009, 09:53:22 AM
lets see you buy it or are u yellow??? ;D

Yes I'll be investing unless I find better odds elsewhere but I doubt it. Think about it. Theres absolutely no chance of Cross not winning it.

Lump on!

Ogs are the only team with the players to challenge Cross and they have gone backwards since last year. I would even give Cruppen a decent chance
of taking Ogs out in the first round.

I would agree with other posters though that it says a lot for the uncompetitive nature of club football in the county at present. Interest in the championship
is probably at an all time low. When a team can tailor its training to peak in October it says it all.

corn02

Speaking of Bar One, anyone else think it strange that they sponsor Crossmaglen when one of their high profile players wrote a book about having a gambling problem?

Is it 2008 again?

slievegullion

davo

I see Cross play the ogs this weekend. this should be a good game as both teams will want a good hard tussle in preparation for the championship 2 weeks later. Although nothing to play for with cross having already won the league and ogs safe both teams will want to win this. The ogs should have beat cross  time out if only they brought their shooting boots and cross will want to send a clear message to their rivals. I would say both teams will play pretty much full strength teams.

Killeavy will need to get a win on the board or the pressure will be on as will mullabawn.

Are these the last league games until after the championship?