Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on July 27, 2009, 08:57:41 AM
Went to armagh and took in 2 games. ogs v clans the ref was very poor against both teams blow/blow/blow. ogs scored a cracking goal and should have won by a lot more having kicked at least 8 scoreable wides in the first half. clans were lucky they had an excellent fee taker in no11 o hagan who scored at least 7/8 frees. was interested in seeing soupy campbell but he had a nightmare and was well marked. however clans will survive as they are a better team than mbawn and killeavey. ps ill/fitz were yous fed. went then to probably the worst game i seen this year bwt v st michaels, you can see how both teams are struggling. no real game plan and a number of players on both teams not fit to play championship football. don't rush to the replay!!!!

Yes wanderer we were fed alright and i hafta say it was good feeding ;). As for the match itself Og's deserved to win alright and the ref was very picky for both sides getting a number of decisions wrong. The Og's goal just killed the game off and we can't have any complaints as we got what we deserved...Nothing.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: davo on July 27, 2009, 09:20:21 AM
went to the ogs clans game myself. Ogs deserving winners and should have won by alot more. However from what i have seen the clans will stay up as they are definitely not in the bottom 2 teams in division 1. The ref was absolutely terrible for both teams blowing for everything not letting the game flow. The game was played in a sporting fashion with a few mistimed tackles due to the down pour. One disappointing aspect of the match i have to say was some of the clan na gael supporters. i was at the match with some youngsters and the language and abuse that was being hurled from them was terrible. They abused everyone from the referee to the ogs players but mostly to the clans players themselves. i had to move away from them to be honest. Not the sort of supporters needed at matches especially as the clans team themselves just get on with the football. i suppose all clubs have this though.

No Davo our supporters followers are the worst out there, the young lads on our team are scared stiff playing in Davitt Park as the abuse they take (and some of it is very personal) is a disgrace and our home record proves this with only 2 wins all year. It is embarrassing for other supporters to hear this and we do know why other teams would brand us slabbers (and rightly so) but please don't connect those fools on the bank with the lads on the pitch as we have cut that shit out from the team and the lads just get on with it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

davo

illdecide i was very impressed by the attitude of both teams given that the ref was so poor. they just got on with the game which was good to see. The Clans players have to take a great deal of credit in the manner in which they represent their club. Very unfortunate that the younger players on your team feel like. All players are busting themselves in training to represent their club and should not be subject to such abuse.

My feelings still have not changed. I think Mullaghbawn and culloville will go down.

fitzroyalty

3 wins illdecide! 3 wins and a draw!  :-* Only teams to beat us at home, cross, dromintee and that debacle v cullaville. The slabbers on the bank i dont really notice unless i'm on the sideline. Like you said the team just ignores them as should the opposition and ref.

Clansman

every club has slabbers but ours are probably the worst. Its most of the older generation who NEVER praise the players no matter what it is just all negative comments . Every week on the sidelines its the same old shit . Shouting too the Ref " Take it yourself " . Even after a win they find something to moan about. Im not saying all of them are like that its just a handful who make the rest look bad. Anyway well done to the players for a great effort so far this season and i know you will see it through in the last few matches. Good Luck

IVEDECIDED

The minority in Clans crowd would put you off watching club football, they are worse than huns. We pride ourselves on the friendly nature of our games but to be honest you wouldnt hear any worse in the terraces at a soccer match in windsor park. And the worst about it is its usually directed at their own!! If  the team annoys them that much why do they bother going to the games!! Disgarce to themselves and their club. On a positive note the game yesterday was quite exiting, and to be honest I dont agree that Ogs should have won by more but they were the more composed team. The ref was an absolute t**t, and could have ruined what was a good club game of football. The dissapointing thing however was the Ogs, def deserved winners but if thats their full team then  Cross have absolutely FA to worry about in championship im afraid!

corn02

Funny, coming out of Davitt ths year I was thinking that the supporters were nowhere near as bad as made out/had been in previous years and that was a pooe performance from Clans that day.

thewanderer

looking at the ogs team lineout they have 4/5 to come in. cross will be still weary of them as the ogs and dtee are really the only two teams who can put it up to them providing the ogs get over the first round. ill tell ur chairman to have a words with the slabbers and tell them their not wanted at least it might embarrass some of them???

IVEDECIDED

That would be normal course of action but problem is that majority of them are directly related to the chairman!! Ogs chairman told me yesterday that it was first time this year they had full team to pick from. And Id personally like to ask why people keep mentioning Dromintee as possible championship contenders!! Cross would be them 3 times a day everyday if they had to plus they are shit this year in general!! NOONE WILL TOUCH CROSS THIS YEAR! I said that in May and was assulted for doing so! It pains me to say it but theres no suitable challenger this year. f**king inbred c***ts are being handed championships due to the ineptitude of everyone else!

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2009, 01:12:25 PM
. And Id personally like to ask why people keep mentioning Dromintee as possible championship contenders!!

Of couyse they are contedners you div.

They are unlikely to toruble Cross this year though.

IVEDECIDED

Contenders but unlikely to trouble cross!! Direct contradiction saan!! IDIOT!

slievegullion

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2009, 12:37:40 PM
The minority in Clans crowd would put you off watching club football, they are worse than huns. We pride ourselves on the friendly nature of our games but to be honest you wouldnt hear any worse in the terraces at a soccer match in windsor park. And the worst about it is its usually directed at their own!! If  the team annoys them that much why do they bother going to the games!! Disgarce to themselves and their club. On a positive note the game yesterday was quite exiting, and to be honest I dont agree that Ogs should have won by more but they were the more composed team. The ref was an absolute t**t, and could have ruined what was a good club game of football. The dissapointing thing however was the Ogs, def deserved winners but if thats their full team then  Cross have absolutely FA to worry about in championship im afraid!

Tasteful as ever "saan".  ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2009, 01:12:25 PM
f**king inbred c***ts are being handed championships due to the ineptitude of everyone else!

Everyone is shit so we win the championship, classic!!!!!  You are a funny guy and there is no doubting that.

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2009, 01:30:48 PM

Indeed.

Contedner, we have a good chance of winning.

Unlikely to trouble cross in my opion, but we should still be in contention.

Div.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: corn02 on July 27, 2009, 02:30:44 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2009, 01:30:48 PM

Indeed.

Contedner, we have a good chance of winning.

Unlikely to trouble cross in my opion, but we should still be in contention.

Div.
Corn, saying "unlikely to trouble Cross" in anyones book is implying Dromintee are unlikely to win the SFC as XMG are the team to beat... How then can you say you are also in with a good chance of winning  ???