Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Dont kid yourself i have experienced it at first hand for many years as a player, coach and supporter. Bumpy may have have gone but there are plenty of yaps still on the pitch. possibly one could be you or is it from the bench? Correct about the supporters ok, can even hear you yapping through the board as normal. ;)

fred the red

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 08:10:59 AM
Quote from: fred the red on July 21, 2009, 10:15:14 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 21, 2009, 10:05:22 PM
Quote from: fred the red on July 21, 2009, 09:54:00 PM
Think it needs to be a north armagh manager now.

why?

i think it doesnt really matter where the manager would come from. i dont think there would be too many who want it.

in any case, the recent south armagh dominance of armagh football can be seen in (a) Crossmaglen and (b) the number of teams in division 1.

Exactly....a NA man would almost be the same as a neutral...plus he will have the best interests of the county at heart.

Nonsense

Are you saying that if the next manager isnt from NA he wont have the best interests of the county at heart?

Eh...i mean as opposed to an outside manager who would only be in for the £££s

full back

Quote from: fred the red on July 22, 2009, 10:20:23 AM

why?

i think it doesnt really matter where the manager would come from. i dont think there would be too many who want it.

in any case, the recent south armagh dominance of armagh football can be seen in (a) Crossmaglen and (b) the number of teams in division 1.

Exactly....a NA man would almost be the same as a neutral...plus he will have the best interests of the county at heart.

Nonsense

Are you saying that if the next manager isnt from NA he wont have the best interests of the county at heart?

He doesnt have to be a North Armagh man to have the best interests of the county at heart

Why do you see a division with North Armagh & the rest of the county?

Winnie Peg

I have heard from a very good source that the next Armagh manager will be Aiden O'Rourke with Bernie Murray as his assistant.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on July 22, 2009, 09:34:20 AM
Dont kid yourself i have experienced it at first hand for many years as a player, coach and supporter. Bumpy may have have gone but there are plenty of yaps still on the pitch. possibly one could be you or is it from the bench? Correct about the supporters ok, can even hear you yapping through the board as normal. ;)

I'm not going to get into a silly argument with you about this, i know the Clans have been known for doing a bit of slabbering over the years but it's not there now (from the team & management) you can name players all you like (i'd prefer u didn't) but you don't know me and you don't know if i play or not so sounds like your the one doing the slabbering. Like i say if there are supporters slabbering (and i know they do) don't blame that on the players

P.S. you must be some footballer yourself...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DuffleKing

Quote from: Winnie Peg on July 22, 2009, 11:47:16 AM
I have heard from a very good source that the next Armagh manager will be Aiden O'Rourke with Bernie Murray as his assistant.

FFS where do people hear these fairy tales

fred the red

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 11:31:28 AM

why?

Nonsense

He doesnt have to be a North Armagh man to have the best interests of the county at heart

Armagh football is dominated by South Armagh teams. To avoid conflicts of interest/perceived favourtism it makes sense that the manager does not come from this area.

If however, the stand out candidate is from this area then he surely should be made manager.

full back

Quote from: fred the red on July 22, 2009, 02:57:38 PM

why?

Nonsense

Armagh football is dominated by South Armagh teams. To avoid conflicts of interest/perceived favourtism it makes sense that the manager does not come from this area.

If however, the stand out candidate is from this area then he surely should be made manager.

This negates what you previously stated

fred the red

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 03:09:46 PM
Quote from: fred the red on July 22, 2009, 02:57:38 PM

why?

Nonsense

This negates what you previously stated

Not really. I said if there is a stand out candidate then he should be made manager.

However if there where 2 managers equal in skill and experience, i think the NA manager should get the nod for the reasons i have highlighted previously.

full back

We are going around in circles here

You said "a NA man would almost be the same as a neutral...plus he will have the best interests of the county at heart."

I said that statement is nonsense

Who cares where he is from?

If you are the county manager, naturally you will have the best interests at heart

Every county manager wants to be successful, every supporter should want the same and not bringing up what part of the county you should be from

fred the red

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 03:16:37 PM
We are going around in circles here

You said "a NA man would almost be the same as a neutral...plus he will have the best interests of the county at heart."

I said that statement is nonsense

Who cares where he is from?

If you are the county manager, naturally you will have the best interests at heart

Every county manager wants to be successful, every supporter should want the same and not bringing up what part of the county you should be from

I just feel that a local man would have more passion for the job than an 'outsider'.

If you disagree with this then fair enough, and I would agree that if there is no one within the county who is able to do the job then an outsider may be a viable option.

An outsider has worked for Antrim & Wicklow, but we should have enough talent within our own county to take on the best in Ireland.

full back

I do agree with you fred that an man from inside the county would be the best option, but I disagree that a NA man would be any better than a man from anywhere else within the county

With this fiasco regarding Mc Donnell perhaps it isnt just the management team that needs to be changed.
So far, the CB havent exactly covered themselves in glory

robertemmet

Would John rafferty not be in the running for the Armagh senior job.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: robertemmet on July 22, 2009, 03:44:55 PM

How did Slaughtneil take to him?

Orior

Quote from: robertemmet on July 22, 2009, 03:44:55 PM

He would be keen as mustard. Anyone care to guess what criteria candidates need to meet? For example:

- Must have a realistic plan that will achieve a second AI (with suitable checkpoints along the way)
- Must have excellent man-management skills
- Must demonstrate ability to get the best of average and great players
- Must be able to work with and get the best out of coaching and training staff
- Must not listen to crap on GAA Board
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians