Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

duno what way that would work out. we've played once a week since the start of the league and an extra 4 games will make it a month longer. does championship season stay where it is? county board has aready made a mess of the u21 championship (again), which should go back to the end of season competition it used to be. Does the senior championships be put back so that the first round is in sept then? possible clash with ulster club games??

The number of games intercounty players get with their clubs will be entirely down to how far Armagh would go, obviously with a match every week then for whatever number of games armagh play the players will miss the club action. The only way this will ever change is if the county and club season did not run at the same time which will never happen. If you ask intercounty players if they really want an extra 4 games on the club season in the league each year i could hazard a guess that it wouldnt be that important to be honest.

thewanderer

not many mathematicians on the board div1 would then have 12 teams given 4 extra games, div2 12 teams same games, div3 & 4 would have 11 teams leaving 2 less games. correct about the county board not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery. A fulltime secretary and fulltime assistant and they cant even produce weekly league tables and as for the web-site never up to date for fixtures or results. If they worked for a private company they would be out of a job a long time ago.

slievegullion

Quote from: thewanderer on July 17, 2009, 09:04:03 AM
not many mathematicians on the board div1 would then have 12 teams given 4 extra games, div2 12 teams same games, div3 & 4 would have 11 teams leaving 2 less games. correct about the county board not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery. A fulltime secretary and fulltime assistant and they cant even produce weekly league tables and as for the web-site never up to date for fixtures or results. If they worked for a private company they would be out of a job a long time ago.

(sigh)

You're certainly not one of the mathematicians anyway.

2 of the 12 teams in any new division 1 would have came from division 2 where they would already have been playing 22 games and would see no change in the amount of fixtures. So, as I already stated, only 10 teams would have 4 games extra.

thewanderer

Slieve wasn't being critical of you just explaining in plain language to those not so gifted in mathematics. would you agree with my next comment from earlier.

slievegullion

Well I would be reluctant to be so harsh on the county board but agree that may struggle with any kind of new set of fixtures. They do seem to be running things a lot slicker this year though compared to others gone by, although that probably isnt saying much. I would generally stick to the mantra 'if its not broke dont fix it'. I dont see many problems with the league structure as it is currently.

corn02

Quote from: slievegullion on July 17, 2009, 10:39:57 AM
Well I would be reluctant to be so harsh on the county board but agree that may struggle with any kind of new set of fixtures. They do seem to be running things a lot slicker this year though compared to others gone by, although that probably isnt saying much.

Seconded, there certainly seems to be an improvement this year indeed from the county board, now if they could only put on double-bill Championship games I would be even more praise-worthy.

slievegullion

Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2009, 10:53:47 AM
Well I would be reluctant to be so harsh on the county board but agree that may struggle with any kind of new set of fixtures. They do seem to be running things a lot slicker this year though compared to others gone by, although that probably isnt saying much.

Seconded, there certainly seems to be an improvement this year indeed from the county board, now if they could only put on double-bill Championship games I would be even more praise-worthy.

Yeah would like to see that myself. I was up in derry for the first round of their championship back in may or april I think. They had a double header at a neutral ground on a sunday was a good days craic. Although we probably have a limited amount of club grounds and facilities that could cater for this?

corn02

Quote from: slievegullion on July 17, 2009, 11:01:26 AM

Yeah would like to see that myself. I was up in derry for the first round of their championship back in may or april I think. They had a double header at a neutral ground on a sunday was a good days craic. Although we probably have a limited amount of club grounds and facilities that could cater for this?

Ture, but Cruppen, Cross, Clans, Abbey Park, even the Bridge on their old pitch, could cater for two-game matches quite easily.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2009, 11:15:56 AM
Ture, but Cruppen, Cross, Clans, Abbey Park, even the Bridge on their old pitch, could cater for two-game matches quite easily.
Not to mention athletic grounds (triple) or even Clann Eireann/Maghery/Sarsfields

**Edit: Maghery v Whitecross and Clans v Mullabawn in the SFC will be a double header in the Athletic Grounds

fitzroyalty

Friday 24 July
IFC – 1st Round
St Paul's v Sarsfield's at Davitt Park (7.00)  Have seen both play this year. Sarsfield's comfortably.
Clonmore v Silverbridge at Granemore (7.00) Tight affair. Fancy an upset, Clonmore to squeeze through.

Saturday 25 July
IFC – 1st Round
Ballyhegan v Madden at Abbey Park (7.00) Ballyhegan
Lissummon v St Peter's at Portadown (7.00) Flourbags

Sunday 26 July
IFC – 1st Round
Annaghmore v Culloville at Ballymacnab (2.00) Cullaville comfortably
An Port v St Michael's at Ballymacnab (3.45) Newtown
Collegeland v Wolfe Tone at Maghery (7.00) Tones to squeeze through
Keady v Middletown at Athletic Grounds (7.00) Keady

thewanderer

Dont see how you cant be harsh after all they are paid employees. Check out the Tyrone, Monaghan county web-sites results, fixtures and league tables updated daily. not rocket science!!! They armagh fixture/result unpaid co-ordinator from your own club does a better job.

pearseog

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 17, 2009, 12:42:50 PM
Not to mention athletic grounds (triple) or even Clann Eireann/Maghery/Sarsfields

**Edit: Maghery v Whitecross and Clans v Mullabawn in the SFC will be a double header in the Athletic Grounds

pearse og park would probably have the best facilities to cater for a double header.

corn02

Quote from: pearseog on July 17, 2009, 01:27:21 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 17, 2009, 12:42:50 PM

pearse og park would probably have the best facilities to cater for a double header.

It is not flat the whole way round though? Or is there banks now?

yellowcard

Is it true that the O'Rourkes have quit Dromintee?

corn02

Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2009, 02:53:16 PM
Is it true that the O'Rourkes have quit Dromintee?

Yes they have all walked out, but don't tell anyone.