Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: qub la la la on July 15, 2009, 12:25:56 AM
it depends who culloville are playing that determines what pitch they play on. cruppen played them on the new field at the start of the year but i think they played sarsfields on the old one. I would imagine they will play dromintee on the new field all the same.

i think the permutations leave it that not all the teams on 11 points can finish with more than 16 points so one more win will see cruppen and ogs definately safe, for culloville to catch either of these two they need to win all and cruppen and ogs to lose all games, which i cant see happening.

anyone going to watch clans and mullaghban, expect a dour, low scoring match with mullaghban playing almost everyone behind the ball. Cross will hopefully try to go unbeaten from a cruppen perspective as we have already played them twice. Worst thing for some teams is for them to play their "secong string" as these are all lads looking to break into the championship team. If st pats can stop the goals they should beat sarsfields but thats easier said than done.
[/b]

if its anything like cship semi final last year shouldnt be a problem st.pats where better all over the field surprised they have struggled this year to be honest as i know had a few good minor teams also recently.  does tasker play any senior football?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on July 15, 2009, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: full back on July 14, 2009, 03:40:32 PM
ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR FRIDAY 17 JULY 2009

Friday 17 July
ACL – Div. I (7.30)
Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Noel Martin)     Draw
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Paul Rath)       Clans (i hope)
Crossmaglen v Killeavy (Ronan Quigley)        Cross
Culloville v Dromintee (Stephen Murray)       Dromintee
St Patrick's v Sarsfields (Jimmy McKee)        Sarsfields

Cruppin game was hard to call so i sat on the fence there
Clans game will be a tough wan and a rehearsal for the championship never mind div 1 survival, Clans to win by 1. P.S. who is Paul Rath (ref), never heard of him ???
Cross to win by 5pts
Dromintee should win by 4-5pts
St Pats v Sarsfields will be a tough wan and i called Sarsfields for the simple reason is they are scoring plenty of goals at the minute and with J McKee refereeing and him very picky this will suit Sarsfields  as Cullyhanna like to be physical and Jimmy will put that out of them.

il go ogs by the minimum
clans by 3, mullaghbawn seem to lack punch up front clans be buoyed by decent run of late and a great scoring in killeavey
cross, can hardly back any1 else :D
dromintee by 2
cullyhanna by 3

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on July 15, 2009, 02:12:06 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 15, 2009, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: Candyman on July 15, 2009, 12:19:14 PM
Quote from: full back on July 15, 2009, 11:02:02 AM
Is Paul Rath from the Harps?

YES!! Brother of current Silverbridge coach/mentor John "Stumpy" Rath...  ;)

Is John at the Bridge?

Illdecide you are picking us based on he performance in Clans, our only decent one bar Cross to date. I would bite your hand off for one-point win never mind ffour or five.

Are there Sunday fixtures?

Well having played against both teams this year (twice) i believe Dromintee to be a better team than Culloville...and with having a few more players available to you now this can only make you lot stronger hence tipping Dromintee to win by 4-5pts ;D and the fact that culloville have lost ten games in a row (i think) wouldn't be great for the old confidence saan ;)

be good time get them in intermediate next weekend but there not 2 many of the stronger teams in good form either.  def think sarsfields will win it, we should have beat cullaville definately last year in granemore and only started playing last 15 in ballyhegan, beat by 2 i think in end.  dont rate, madden, bridge, newtown either so think it be one of div1 strugglers. 

charlie stubbs

Friday 24 July
IFC – 1st Round
St Paul's v Sarsfields at Davitt Park (7.00)  sarsfields by 3 st.pauls wont have the forwards to compete
Clonmore v Silverbridge at Granemore (7.00) bridge to struggle through by 2

Saturday 25 July
IFC – 1st Round
Ballyhegan v Madden at Abbey Park (7.00) madden by 1
Lissummon v St Peter's at Portadown (7.00)st.peters by 3

Sunday 26 July
IFC – 1st Round
Annaghmore v Culloville at Ballymacnab (2.00) cullaville by 8
An Port v St Michael's at Ballymacnab (3.45) st.michaels by 2
Collegeland v Wolfe Tone at Maghery (7.00)tones by 4
Keady v Middletown at Athletic Grounds (7.00)
keady by 5

Goats Do Shave

QuoteSaturday 25 July
IFC – 1st Round
Ballyhegan v Madden at Abbey Park (7.00)

That's a joke! One of the lads is getting married that day!!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 16, 2009, 08:02:03 AM
QuoteSaturday 25 July
IFC – 1st Round
Ballyhegan v Madden at Abbey Park (7.00)

That's a joke! One of the lads is getting married that day!!

yous be missing many goats

thewanderer

Goats I'm sure your club has asked for the date to be changed or has there been no communication within the club? This fixture date has been out since the end of March. check it out!!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: thewanderer on July 16, 2009, 09:19:56 AM
Goats I'm sure your club has asked for the date to be changed or has there been no communication within the club? This fixture date has been out since the end of March. check it out!!!

It's been changed till the Monday night.

thewanderer

sweat off goats, chance for a few neutrals to take in the game as its on a Monday.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 15, 2009, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 15, 2009, 12:25:56 AM
it depends who culloville are playing that determines what pitch they play on. cruppen played them on the new field at the start of the year but i think they played sarsfields on the old one. I would imagine they will play dromintee on the new field all the same.

i think the permutations leave it that not all the teams on 11 points can finish with more than 16 points so one more win will see cruppen and ogs definately safe, for culloville to catch either of these two they need to win all and cruppen and ogs to lose all games, which i cant see happening.

anyone going to watch clans and mullaghban, expect a dour, low scoring match with mullaghban playing almost everyone behind the ball. Cross will hopefully try to go unbeaten from a cruppen perspective as we have already played them twice. Worst thing for some teams is for them to play their "secong string" as these are all lads looking to break into the championship team. If st pats can stop the goals they should beat sarsfields but thats easier said than done.
[/b]

if its anything like cship semi final last year shouldnt be a problem st.pats where better all over the field surprised they have struggled this year to be honest as i know had a few good minor teams also recently.  does tasker play any senior football?

Our result aren't actually that different to last years really we've won 5, lost 7. Last year at this stage we'd have won about as many as we'd lost. Just a couple of bad results (Culloville and Mullaghbán at home and Cruppen scoring a last minute goal against us) and that fact that our managerial appointment didn't work out have put us in a difficult position.

Tasker's never played for the senior team so far, understandably so as he'd have been far too young last year and obviously Armagh minors come first this year. Would say there's a good chance he'll make an appearance in the championship at some stage.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

thewanderer

Tasker is a good player but too arrogant and will need to mellow in the senior ranks before he gets the chop from some seasoned defender. im sure some of your own defenders will put him in check at training.

fitzroyalty

Just saw on orchardcounty a rumour that McDonnell has resigned...Not a reliable source by an stretch of the imagination, anyone hear anything?

thewanderer

See a debate on the orchardcounty into the possible restructuring of the divisions. This has previously been mentioned by a member of the county board and should receive some consideration. The idea is to increase the 1st division to 12 teams so as to increase the number of games at the top division, so as to keep matches going longer in the year. It has also been suggested that matches be played only once a week april, august and september on a sunday.This would allow some family time by playing games on a friday or saturday during the months of may, june & july and also attendance of inter-county games. It would also give inter county players more games with their clubs. To facilitate this proposal it has been suggested that the bottom 2 teams in div1 play-off with 3rd and fourth in div 2 with the winners playing in the 1st division therefor increasing it to 12 teams. This would be repeated in division 2 to leave 12 teams in it. Division 3 and 4 would have 11 teams each which would leave one having a bye each week but there would still be 20 games per season. what do you think? no point in wraping leagues up in August each year and sending our players to other sports.

Carbery

Quote from: thewanderer on July 16, 2009, 03:53:59 PM
See a debate on the orchardcounty into the possible restructuring of the divisions. This has previously been mentioned by a member of the county board and should receive some consideration. The idea is to increase the 1st division to 12 teams so as to increase the number of games at the top division, so as to keep matches going longer in the year. It has also been suggested that matches be played only once a week april, august and september on a sunday.This would allow some family time by playing games on a friday or saturday during the months of may, june & july and also attendance of inter-county games. It would also give inter county players more games with their clubs. To facilitate this proposal it has been suggested that the bottom 2 teams in div1 play-off with 3rd and fourth in div 2 with the winners playing in the 1st division therefor increasing it to 12 teams. This would be repeated in division 2 to leave 12 teams in it. Division 3 and 4 would have 11 teams each which would leave one having a bye each week but there would still be 20 games per season. what do you think? no point in wraping leagues up in August each year and sending our players to other sports.

This suggestion would give 10 teams an extra two games and the rest of the teams two games less each year.
Hard to see clubs in Divisions Two, Three and Four agreeing to a situtation which would give their clubs less games each year.

slievegullion

Quote from: Carbery on July 16, 2009, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on July 16, 2009, 03:53:59 PM

This suggestion would give 10 teams an extra two games and the rest of the teams two games less each year.
Hard to see clubs in Divisions Two, Three and Four agreeing to a situtation which would give their clubs less games each year.

Maths isnt one of your strong points then. 10 teams would play 4 extra games, 14 teams would see no change, and 22 teams would play two games less.