Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 13, 2009, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 11, 2009, 10:32:11 AM
It is silly really that a club can be so dominant that it has the league won before the middle of July and that is with half a team.  From what I can read of it too most of the games were won at a canter.  Can anyone tell me when was the last time, league or championship that a team in Armagh actually beat Cross?  Obviously they will not want to lose any games but with 5 left it is a great time for them to blend in more youngsters and give the Fra McNamee's as much game time as possible and keep the older legs fresher for the championship coming up.

Now with Armagh out when is the championship due to be started?  At least there wil be no issue of it running late like it has done in previous years.

>:( >:( And your c**k that it has been with half a team

Indeed BC, stop making accusations with your c**k.

IVEDECIDED

corn02

qub la la la

PLD   WON   DRAW   LOST   POINTS
CROSS              13   13   0   0   26
CRUPPEN                   13   7   1   5   15
PEARSE OG   13   7   1   5   15
DROMINTEE   13   6   0   7   12
CLANS                   13   6   1   6   11
CULLYHANNA   13   5   1   7   11
KILLEAVY                   13   5   1   7   11
MULLAGHBAWN   13   5   1   7   11
SARSFIELDS   13   5   1   7   11
CULLOVILLE   13   3   1   9   7

corn02

Cruppen and Ogs are near in the safe zone now.

I din;t realise we were only one point above the rest, so we are deep in it too.

pintsofguinness

It is silly really that a club can be so dominant that it has the league won before the middle of July and that is with half a team.  From what I can read of it too most of the games were won at a canter.  Can anyone tell me when was the last time, league or championship that a team in Armagh actually beat Cross?  Obviously they will not want to lose any games but with 5 left it is a great time for them to blend in more youngsters and give the Fra McNamee's as much game time as possible and keep the older legs fresher for the championship coming up.

Now with Armagh out when is the championship due to be started?  At least there wil be no issue of it running late like it has done in previous years.

Take your face for a shite BC1 - in 2006 Clans had division 1 wrapped up with 7 games to go and there was no accusation of sillyness but when Cross do it all of a sudden the league is discredited.  >:( >:( And your c**k that it has been with half a team all yous have been missing really is the Kernans and IMO Tony and Stephen are f**king duds anyway! Cross have had the Macs and Oisin, Francie etc full time this year so yous have been much stronger than in previous league campaigns as these are the players that actually win matches for yous so grow up you pretentious p***k!

You know you could easily have made your point without the abuse. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: qub la la la on July 13, 2009, 02:49:51 PM

Do Clans have 11 or 13 points? (Their wins tally in that table suggests 13).

Very very tight. it'd be wrong to say Culloville are doomed but certainly they're in a very difficult position. A relegation play off looks like a distinct possibility. I can't see Clans or Dromintee going down and I'm hopeful that our 4 home games might be enough to save us. I'd think that Sarsfield or Mullaghbán and Culloville will be the pair to go down though I've been writing off Mullaghbán all year yet they continue to pick up points, including 4 against ourselves!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 13, 2009, 02:49:51 PM

Do Clans have 11 or 13 points? (Their wins tally in that table suggests 13).

Very very tight. it'd be wrong to say Culloville are doomed but certainly they're in a very difficult position. A relegation play off looks like a distinct possibility. I can't see Clans or Dromintee going down and I'm hopeful that our 4 home games might be enough to save us. I'd think that Sarsfield or Mullaghbán and Culloville will be the pair to go down though I've been writing off Mullaghbán all year yet they continue to pick up points, including 4 against ourselves!

Make no mistake about it TAC, we could go down.

4 games, three away and one of those against Cross.

We never play well against Mullaghbawn away, usually seems to be home takes the win, Sarsfields gave us a tanking at home when we had a full enough team and Killeavy turned us over at home last year. I'll be taking nothing for granted.

brokencrossbar1

On that table any of the teams bar probably the top 3 could go down.  I think From Cullyhanna up should be safe and I reckon Mullaghbawn will survive.  Killeavey have the players to stay up and their experience will be important (with Sarsfields lack of experience being a major factor).  So the bottom 2 will go down.

IVEDECIDED, good on ye.  I sense something missing in your life, love, friendship, education?????  Anyway, keep that anger festering, it will drive you on to greater and bigger things :D

illdecide

No the Clans are on 11pts with 5 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. We have Mullaghbawn home this fri night, killeavey (H), Cruppin (A), OG's (A) and St Pats at home not particular in that order but def home to Bawn on Fri night. It is gonna be a dog fight to see who stays up alright.

Cross should be ok :P, so should OGs, Cruppin and St Pats after that take your pick. I think Culloville are snookered as they have lost like 9 or 10 games in a row and are 4 pts adrift with only 5 games to go.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

i certainly don't envy the teams who have to play either or all of Cross, Dromintee Ogs in their remaining games. Clans have the supposed luxury of 3 home games (though our best performances this year have been away for some reason) so I'd like to think we could avoid the drop

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 13, 2009, 07:02:04 PM

Take your face for a shite BC1 - in 2006 Clans had division 1 wrapped up with 7 games to go and there was no accusation of sillyness but when Cross do it all of a sudden the league is discredited.  >:( >:( And your c**k that it has been with half a team all yous have been missing really is the Kernans and IMO Tony and Stephen are f**king duds anyway! Cross have had the Macs and Oisin, Francie etc full time this year so yous have been much stronger than in previous league campaigns as these are the players that actually win matches for yous so grow up you pretentious p***k!

You know you could easily have made your point without the abuse. 

Sorry Fr. Pints - of course your right but where would the fun be in that? And to you BC1 your perfectly correct there is a hell of alot missing in my life. The only pleasure I have left is roaring random abuse at Cross c***ts on this board so please dont take it away from me my friend!!  ;D ;D ;D

full back

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR FRIDAY 17 JULY 2009

Friday 17 July
ACL – Div. I (7.30)
Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Noel Martin)
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Paul Rath)
Crossmaglen v Killeavy (Ronan Quigley)
Culloville v Dromintee (Stephen Murray)
St Patrick's v Sarsfields (Jimmy McKee)
ACL – Div. III (7.30)
Lissummon v Tullysaran (Dessie McDonnell)
ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Killean v Mullaghbrack (Jim Lynch)

Big game for you Corn

corn02

Massive, our win there last year was a very important one and the first time we won there in a few years.

Do they still play at the new pitch?

Win that and we are joining Ogs and Crups in the 'nearly there' bracket. I'd say every other team involved in the relegation scrap will be cheering us on, which will be strange.  :P

Still a good few men down so it should be tight. A loss and we are in trouble big style. Show the same hunger as we did against Cross and we should come through it.

What about Cross? I was going to say will they rest a lot of players for the Killeavy match? But there second string walloped Killeavy earlier in the year so I can't see them getting anything, so they should be worried too.

Cruppen v Ogs is just a race for second and I expect Camlough to win it, they are playing really good football this year.

Clans and Mullaghbawn has the obvious implications.

Sarsfields have hit four oals away to us and Cullaville so St Pats should be careful. A Cullyhanna win will leave Sarsfields with a real uphill battle.

qub la la la

it depends who culloville are playing that determines what pitch they play on. cruppen played them on the new field at the start of the year but i think they played sarsfields on the old one. I would imagine they will play dromintee on the new field all the same.

i think the permutations leave it that not all the teams on 11 points can finish with more than 16 points so one more win will see cruppen and ogs definately safe, for culloville to catch either of these two they need to win all and cruppen and ogs to lose all games, which i cant see happening.

anyone going to watch clans and mullaghban, expect a dour, low scoring match with mullaghban playing almost everyone behind the ball. Cross will hopefully try to go unbeaten from a cruppen perspective as we have already played them twice. Worst thing for some teams is for them to play their "secong string" as these are all lads looking to break into the championship team. If st pats can stop the goals they should beat sarsfields but thats easier said than done.