Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

This thread is getting like brucies price is right (higher ) lower :D :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Maybe yous didnt hear me the first time.

charlie stubbs

Friday 3 July 2009
Armagh Division 2 League
Granemore 2-13 Wolfe Tones 1-7
Wolfe Tones suffered a 9 point reversal in Friday night's league game away to Granemore.  The Tones started off in the ascendancy, and took the lead in the 6th minute through a Chris McAlinden left footed effort.  James Lavery did well to break the ball at midfield and after good work by Emmet Haughian, Brendan Coleman and a killer pass from Shaun Smyth, Chris was able to raise the first white flag of the game from 25 yards. 
The home side responded with 2 well taken frees in the 9th and 11th minute from their number 15, who then registered his 3rd point of the evening and first from play after 15 minutes. 
Despite trailing at this stage the Tones where well in the game at midfield, with James Lavery winning break ball and Connor Coleman able to claim 4 clean catches in the opening third of the game.  After Niall Geoghegan picked up a loose ball, he was able to pick out James who surged through the Granemore defence in the 18th minute to leave the minimum between the sides. 
Following more good work by Niall Geoghegan, Emmet Haughian was able to turn his man in the 20th minute and pulled down inside the 14 yard line as he was just about to pull the trigger.  Chris McAlinden then calmly stepped up and placed the penalty to the keeper's right leaving allowing the Tones to go back in front on a score line of 1-2 to 3 points. 
After Niall Geoghegan and the Granemore number 13 exchanged wides, Granemore began to turn the screw on the stroke of halftime.  After Chris McAlinden dropped a shot short Granemore where able to quickly break up the field and their midfielder was able to round Kieran Murray in the 24th minute and finish to the net, restoring Granemore's lead.  The homeside then hit a purple patch which turned the game in their favour, rattling over a further 6 points in the last 5 minutes of the half, 5 of which came from play. 
Half time
Granemore 1-9 Wolfe Tones 1-2
Though trailing by 7 points at half time, if the Tones could replicate the form they showed in the first 20 minutes of the game there was still a chance of gaining some points from the game as they where being aided by quite a strong breeze in the second half. 
After Chris McAlinden kicked a wide, he quickly redeemed himself with some great tackling which led to Brendan Coleman supplying John Toal with possession and John was able to shoot his first score of the game.  Granemore responded in the 34th minute when their number 14 got his first of the day after what appeared to be a foul on John Leatham.  Granemore's number 8 added to this a minute later and a terrific cross field pass led to their number 15 scoring from another point from play. 
John Toal converted a free then from a very acute angle on the right hand side after 37 minutes.  After 3 consecutive wides from Granemore, Shaun Smyth was able to split the posts from a 30 yard free to leave the Tones trailing by a score line of 1-12 to 1-5 after Niall Geoghegan had been pulled to the ground.  This score was almost immediately cancelled out by the Granemore number 14 who scored a point from play after a well worked move in the 41 minute.  The game as a contest ended in the 46 minute when after the Granemore number 13, made a great cut back from the end line and from 8 yards the Granemore number 14 finished to the net with his left foot leaving Tones goal keeper Kieran Murray with no chance. 
In the 49th minute, James Lavery from around 35 yards was able to score his second point of the game and this happened to be the last score either team was able to produce.  The game ended on a rather sour note, when Tones player Emmet Haughian was left badly winded after a high challenge.  Everyone wishes Emmet a speedy recovery. 
The attention for the Tones will now turn to Tuesday night's big home game with Madden where 2 points is vital to try and ensure that the Tones are not dragged into a relegation dogfight.  The Tones lined out as follows: Kieran Murray, John Leatham, Connor McCarron, Chris Megoran, Niall Geoghegan, Ryan McQuillan, Michael Carson, James Lavery, Connor Coleman, Brendan Coleman, Emmet Haughian, John Toal, Chris McAlinden, Michael Crealey

jason o neill was a constant danger throughout the game took his goal very well and chris o connor was very good. match blew up early towards the end but dont think it was a malicious challenge mistimed i think/hope.  bar 4 of our panel the other night everyone is between 17-24.  going be a struggle to stay up.  dont think magill up top it to be honest

torres

very good report charlie , it  was a good game spoiled a bit by some  inconsistant referring , in my view our player went to shoulder the tones lad who turned sharply at the last moment and felt the full force of it , defenifilty not malicious as our player is a very clean player just out of minors last season and fair play to all the granemore players and mentors who stayed on the field until the lad was taken away in the ambulance and everyone from our club wishes him a speedy recovery .

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on July 04, 2009, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: crossfire on July 04, 2009, 11:58:05 AM
Division 4
Cross beat Eire Og by 2 points.

Any chance of a Cross Seconds line up Crossfire?

Sorry for the delay Corn as i had internet problems

Paul mc Entee Gareth Rooney Kevin Daly Ciaran Mc Shane Paudie Mc Gahan Colm Dooley Sean Farrelly Tommy Muldoon Gene Hanratty Aidan Dolan Johnny Mc kenna James Moyna Benny Doyle Cormac Clarke James Hughes

illdecide

Quote from: crossfire on July 07, 2009, 09:51:54 PM
Division 4

Paul mc Entee Gareth Rooney Kevin Daly Ciaran Mc Shane Paudie Mc Gahan Colm Dooley Sean Farrelly Tommy Muldoon Gene Hanratty Aidan Dolan Johnny Mc kenna James Moyna Benny Doyle Cormac Clarke James Hughes

Crossfire is that Cormac Clarke the guy ya call Willie? I thought he was a decent footballer and a hard we f**ker too :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on July 08, 2009, 10:51:42 AM
Division 4

Crossfire is that Cormac Clarke the guy ya call Willie? I thought he was a decent footballer and a hard we f**ker too :D

He is illdecide.  He is Jamie's older brother.  Fine footballer, too food of the sauce and ladies.  Hardy wee fecker?  Not afraid anyway but he was more in the mould of myself and JF, more bulk than most!!!!!

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 08, 2009, 12:05:30 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 08, 2009, 10:51:42 AM
Division 4

He is illdecide.  He is Jamie's older brother.  Fine footballer, too food of the sauce and ladies.  Hardy wee fecker?  Not afraid anyway but he was more in the mould of myself and JF, more bulk than most!!!!!

I'm told he could have been a very talented player if he stayed away from the sauce? Not many in Cross slip through like that.

illdecide

Aye i remember him alright, the we hoor played against us wan day in davitt. He def was a hardy we fecker :D. As you say Corn it's unusual guys go by the wayside up in Cross whereas thats a natural thing to do in Lurgan :D

thewanderer

1st division should be very interesting from this week on with county players now available. It will be interesting to see if the teams who have not had their county players regularily available pull away from the teams who have no county players all year to affect their panel. who do you think will struggle now? culloville, clans, sarsfields seem to be in the biggest danger of regulation. To prove the point Dromintee won easily last week with players back after struggling the previous game. In the 2nd granemore could make a big push for promotion with Toner and Mc clelland available now. ???      

corn02

Quote from: thewanderer on July 09, 2009, 11:49:09 AM
1st division should be very interesting from this week on with county players now available. It will be interesting to see if the teams who have not had their county players regularily available pull away from the teams who have no county players all year to affect their panel. who do you think will struggle now? culloville, clans, sarsfields seem to be in the biggest danger of regulation. To prove the point Dromintee won easily last week with players back after struggling the previous game. In the 2nd granemore could make a big push for promotion with Toner and Mc clelland available now. ???      

We still had Marty, Shannon out injured and Shane O'Neill was only fit for a half.

Having Aidan, Gareth O'Neill and Vincey Martin was a massive boost though.

We will still struggle, we could be the fall guys this year.

full back

TBH Corn, with the majority of your county players available again Dromintee should pull away & finish well up the league

corn02

Quote from: full back on July 09, 2009, 11:57:47 AM
TBH Corn, with the majority of your county players available again Dromintee should pull away & finish well up the league

True.

illdecide

FFS Corn ask yourself...seriously man. Dromintee will not be no where near the bottom come the end of the season...It will be between Culloville, Sarsfields, Clans and Mullaghbawn. I thought Carrickcruppen would have struggled too but they surprised me a bit and having 13pts already means they only need 1 more win to stay up so i think they'll be fine

Real1995

think it will take more than the 14 mark this year illdecide,i was thinkin 16 with the way things have progressed.....
Nice guys always finish second!