Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Mullaghbán 1-8 St Pat's 0-8

Poor match but I suppose that was to be expected given the conditions. Lot of water lying on the pitch as there was a very heavy shower just before throw in. We had more possession and terrority and lead 0-4 to 0-3 after a great early score from Mal Mackin and a couple of fine points from Liam O'Hare. Mullaghban won the match simply because they played the smarter more direct football while we messed about too much playing ourselves into trouble. Some superb free taking and a messy second half goal was enough to win it for Mullaghban. Very poor result from ourselves and the unbeaten record of the new manager is gone.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Real1995

The torrential downpour b4 the game TAC, any pitch in ireland would hd been waterlogged.  No offense to our boys but with the team line-out b4 the game we didn expect much, i counted  9 players from our strongest 15 missing through injury/suspension and holidays...well done boys gr8 result,only our 2nd win on the rd this year
Nice guys always finish second!

qub la la la

cruppen beat killeavy 2 - 16 to 1 - 9. It was 2 - 11 to 2 points at half time. cruppen stopped in the second half.

corn02

Dromintee beat Clans by 5. Were ahead by 11 and let Clans back into it, but, that said, best performance of the year.

Ref somehow played 36 minutes in the second half, was a bit weird.

qub la la la

Think that leaves it like this, awaiting the result from cross and culloville.

Pld    W   D    L    Pts
Crossmaglen      11   11   0     0    22   
Carrickcruppen   12     6   1     5    13
Pearse Og         12     6   1     5    13
Dromintee         12     6   0     6    12
Killeavy              12     5   1     6    11
Mullaghbawn      12    5    1     6    11
St Patrick's        12     5   1     6    11
Clan na Gael       12     4   1     7     9
Sarsfields           12     4   1     7     9
Culloville            11     3   1     7     7

Carbery

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross 11 points clear with only 6 matches remaining. Cruppen, Ógs and Dromintee all need to win next week to keep their title challenge alive.  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Quote from: corn02 on July 05, 2009, 05:02:41 PM
Dromintee beat Clans by 5. Were ahead by 11 and let Clans back into it, but, that said, best performance of the year.

Ref somehow played 36 minutes in the second half, was a bit weird.
Why are Dromintee lads saying it was 5 and Clans saying 3? Not that it matters, but one of the two obviously can't count

qub la la la

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 05, 2009, 09:23:25 PM
Cross 11 points clear with only 6 matches remaining. Cruppen, Ógs and Dromintee all need to win next week to keep their title challenge alive.  ::)

yea hopefully now armagh are beat cross will drop a few points  :-\

with dromintee to play them twice maybe they will be the team to catch them  ::)

corn02

Quote from: qub la la la on July 05, 2009, 10:04:33 PM

with dromintee to play them twice maybe they will be the team to catch them  ::)

Just a weird post really.

qub la la la

Quote from: corn02 on July 05, 2009, 10:06:55 PM

how so. you more than most can be akin to the sarcasm corn. dont see your point? did u take in the dromintee game today? was it 3 or 6 in it?

corn02

Quote from: qub la la la on July 05, 2009, 10:12:23 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 05, 2009, 10:06:55 PM

Ah get you now chap.

It was five, you know how good I am at maths.

Who played wel lfor you and Killeavy?

how so. you more than most can be akin to the sarcasm corn. dont see your point? did u take in the dromintee game today? was it 3 or 6 in it?

IVEDECIDED

Was at clans game and there was 3 in it (13-10). That said Clans were never going to win it.

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 06, 2009, 11:22:12 AM
Was at clans game and there was 3 in it (13-10). That said Clans were never going to win it.

There was five in it. Even the Clans men beside us had five.

illdecide

There was actually 4 in it :D :D :D although it shoud have been 10 ;)

1:13 to 1:09 i think the ref told me...r did he say it was 13 - 9 can't remember. But who cares as 3, 4 or 50 it was still a defeat
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch