Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2009, 12:09:16 PM
What is the reason for Friday night games this week...is it the 14 day rule allowing county players to play??? or have Armagh got a friendly on sunday or something?

Seems to be to do with the county matches alright. When it comes to a fortnight before the Armagh match, they seem to fix the matches on a Friday night and let the county men play.

This'll be the last time the county men will be available until Armagh are out of the championship, hopefully we'll not see them again till October but the end of July is more likely.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Aye thats what i thought myself...it won't effect us as we don't have anyone on the county panel ;) hopefully Armagh win the thing and the clubs do without their county men untill October although your predication of July looks a safer bet :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2009, 02:54:13 PM
Aye thats what i thought myself...it won't effect us as we don't have anyone on the county panel ;) hopefully Armagh win the thing and the clubs do without their county men untill October although your predication of July looks a safer bet :D

Wrong saan it will effect us because we play Cross on friday night and they will be at full strength. Now the rest of the teams will get to play them under strength.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 17, 2009, 03:47:04 PM

Wrong saan it will effect us because we play Cross on friday night and they will be at full strength. Now the rest of the teams will get to play them under strength.

Plenty of teams have played Cross with their county men earlier in the year and over the past fortnight.

illdecide

Well i meant over the course of the next 2 months...

Aye like Cross will be under strength when the county men go...like it makes much difference :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

I think its better we beat them on fri with their county men on board...no excuse and what not  ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 16, 2009, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2009, 03:27:55 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.
4 on the bounce?  Been hearing rumours of some of the more senior players unsettling others.

Just rumours Benny and totally false.  you didn't see any ogs posters spreading rumours about the Harps in recent weeks when the gossip mongers were rife about your situation

Speaking of which Benny, what is story with these rumours, is your mangement still intact?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

flog the lot

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2009, 12:09:16 PM
What is the reason for Friday night games this week...is it the 14 day rule allowing county players to play??? or have Armagh got a friendly on sunday or something?

don't know the reason for this, but alot more matches should be played on fri or sat note so the players can have a social life and get out for a few beers!...

winsamsoon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 17, 2009, 03:50:17 PM

Plenty of teams have played Cross with their county men earlier in the year and over the past fortnight.

That would include us numb skull as we played them two sundays ago. so i fail to see the point you are trying to make. ??? ??? ???

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 17, 2009, 05:11:27 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 17, 2009, 03:50:17 PM

That would include us numb skull as we played them two sundays ago. so i fail to see the point you are trying to make. ??? ??? ???

You were yapping about having to play Cross at full strength as though you were the only team that had to. You aren't. That is all.

winsamsoon

Yapping??? This is clearly not true if you can see such emotions from a computer then you are a genius. The point i was making (which didn't really involve you) was to I'lldecide he made the point that it wouldn't effect the clans. I merely said that it would because we were playing them on friday night (at full strength) whilst others will get to play them over the next couple of weeks under strength. This is not yapping this is a fact :o If you term this yapping then fair enough but it really doesn't pay to be padantic and try and scrutinise every wee issue and phrase thinking you can win brownie points. Very sad actually.

ogshead

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 17, 2009, 08:25:37 PM
Yapping??? This is clearly not true if you can see such emotions from a computer then you are a genius. The point i was making (which didn't really involve you) was to I'lldecide he made the point that it wouldn't effect the clans. I merely said that it would because we were playing them on friday night (at full strength) whilst others will get to play them over the next couple of weeks under strength. This is not yapping this is a fact :o If you term this yapping then fair enough but it really doesn't pay to be padantic and try and scrutinise every wee issue and phrase thinking you can win brownie points. Very sad actually.

Cross full strenght or not, doesn't matter. Look at the league table boys, they're still winning. You could also make the point of playing other clubs minus county players, eg. ourselves were the county boys are a bigger loss to us. Again, you could look at it another way, is it fair for teams having to play without the county boys. There's loads of ways of looking at it. The league is the way it is now and there's no changing it

ogshead

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2009, 03:27:55 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.
4 on the bounce?  Been hearing rumours of some of the more senior players unsettling others.

I always try to look at things on this board from at least some sort of neutral perspective but it is really hard for me to like the Harps ones  ;)

winsamsoon

you are spot on ogs head but the original post was in response to i'lldecide who is a clans man so we were specifically talking about the clans. Of course there are twenty different arguments and god knows we have had them all on here  :D :D ;)

Onion Bag

I cant just feel the love on this thread  :-*
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!