Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Anyone know when the county Minors are playing again? I thought it was this Sunday before the Tyrone Derry Match
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 15, 2009, 10:35:15 PM
Some sad news from Portadown tonight, our club president, and someone well known to all gaels in the county & beyond, Tommy Marley passed away this evening.

Rest in peace.

corn02

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 12:17:55 PM

Very even first half with clarke giving a bit of bother at full forward in the first ten minutes. dromintee settled and took over around midfield but failed to put the scores on the board. nip and tuck til the half with m o'rourke pulling a lot of the strings and getting most of dromintee's scores. for ogs their full back line was very solid and any decent ball into clarke was resulting in a score - mostly via a free. point in it to ogs at half time.

second half started with dromintee in control. unlucky for 3/4 scores and ogs broke upfield to tag on a couple of scores against the run of play. 10 minutes in dromintee were pushing hard with no return and ogs again broke to win a penalty at 2 points up, which duffy put wide. home side dominated after the let off and aidan controlled the game completely. him and shannon drove forward well and linked up very will with michael. think dromintee scored 6 unanswered points to get 4 up then ogs tagged 1 on at the death.

Thanks, much-needed win.

topgun

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 16, 2009, 12:18:48 PM
Anyone know when the county Minors are playing again? I thought it was this Sunday before the Tyrone Derry Match

Sunday 5th July i think in Newry
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Joxer

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 16, 2009, 12:18:48 PM

Why is it not being played this Sunday?

What are their chances of silverware this year?

topgun

Quote from: Joxer on June 16, 2009, 01:08:52 PM

What are Armaghs chances of silverware this year?

Play Monaghan sounthern teams dont play until after their leaving cert exams
a prophet is not recognised by his own

winsamsoon

Some sad news from Portadown tonight, our club president, and someone well known to all gaels in the county & beyond, Tommy Marley passed away this evening.

Is that the wee man that always stood at the side of the gate with the pipe??? If so that man will be a sad miss to Tir Na Nog i have lasting memories of him even from underage and he alsways would have had a yarn. Rest in Peace
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 16, 2009, 02:01:45 PM

Is that the wee man that always stood at the side of the gate with the pipe??? If so that man will be a sad miss to Tir Na Nog i have lasting memories of him even from underage and he alsways would have had a yarn. Rest in Peace
Sad to hear. RIP

illdecide

He'll be a big loss to your club. May he rest in peace.

There's not to many men about like Tommy
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.
4 on the bounce?  Been hearing rumours of some of the more senior players unsettling others.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: topgun on June 16, 2009, 01:15:06 PM
Quote from: Joxer on June 16, 2009, 01:08:52 PM

What are Armaghs chances of silverware this year?

Play Monaghan sounthern teams dont play until after their leaving cert exams

Is the leaving cert not over by this weekend?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 16, 2009, 02:01:45 PM

Yes, that's Tommy alright. There are not many of Tommy's kind left.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2009, 03:27:55 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.
4 on the bounce?  Been hearing rumours of some of the more senior players unsettling others.

Just rumours Benny and totally false.  you didn't see any ogs posters spreading rumours about the Harps in recent weeks when the gossip mongers were rife about your situation

pintsofguinness

RIP
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

What is the reason for Friday night games this week...is it the 14 day rule allowing county players to play??? or have Armagh got a friendly on sunday or something?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch