Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 15, 2009, 11:59:35 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 14, 2009, 04:09:47 PM
tones beat ballyhegan by bout 8 points.  ballyhegan will be in div 3 next year i would imagine.  niall lennon didnt give paddy mckeever a kick.john toal scored around 1-5.  johnny mckeever should havce got the line 4 stamping onone of our players.dirty act
Depends who it was  ;)

was young chris mccarron he had another great game 2 points from half back.  def should be on the armagh minor panel

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 15, 2009, 08:11:04 AM
tones beat ballyhegan by bout 8 points.  ballyhegan will be in div 3 next year i would imagine.  niall lennon didnt give paddy mckeever a kick.john toal scored around 1-5.  johnny mckeever should havce got the line 4 stamping onone of our players.dirty act

Another big disappointment, after a shaky start, I thought Ballyhegan were the better team in the first half. However they never came out in the second half, & didn't score until the last 10 minutes. Davitts don't seem to have a game plan which is disappointing.

The 2 players you mentioned for the Tones were indeed very good. Also the other little corner forward gave our corner back a hard day!

For Ballyhegan, Sean McNally at corner back was our best player; we'd have been beaten by a lot more only for his efforts. Kevin Keegan showed very well in corner forwards, it's a pity we couldn't get the ball to him more...

I'd agree Ballyhegan's stint in Div II seems to be another short one!

With regards Johnny, I thought it was his momentum that took him onto the Tones player. He wouldn't be that sort of lad to be honest.

no.15/?he looked your best bet for something to happen but you just couldnt get enough ball in2 him.  hopefully we can kick on from this now

charlie stubbs

heard henderson got around 2-8 for clann eireann v tirnanog.

captain c mck

What is the story with john murtagh was he fighting in ny?

or has the gaelic life made a big deal out of nothing again?

charlie stubbs

sarsfields minors 0-11 wolfe tones minors 2-6 :)

downtown

Quote from: captain c mck on June 15, 2009, 07:53:50 PM
What is the story with john murtagh was he fighting in ny?

or has the gaelic life made a big deal out of nothing again?

Are you john murtagh or why is your two posts about him?

What was he at anyway?

Carbery

bigfrank

john murtagh currently in new york playin for tyrone!! he is from crossmaglen originally,out for summer to play ball,anyone got a link to that article in the gaelic life??? heard reports about it just

armagh leg-end

Quote from: bigfrank on June 15, 2009, 10:00:28 PM
john murtagh currently in new york playin for tyrone!! he is from crossmaglen originally,out for summer to play ball,anyone got a link to that article in the gaelic life??? heard reports about it just

it wasnt even a report. just a side piece about 5 lines long
Ard Mhacha Abu

Harold Disgracey

Some sad news from Portadown tonight, our club president, and someone well known to all gaels in the county & beyond, Tommy Marley passed away this evening.

john mcgill

Sorry to hear about Tommy Marley RIP.  He was a legend.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 15, 2009, 06:45:45 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 15, 2009, 08:11:04 AM

Another big disappointment, after a shaky start, I thought Ballyhegan were the better team in the first half. However they never came out in the second half, & didn't score until the last 10 minutes. Davitts don't seem to have a game plan which is disappointing.

The 2 players you mentioned for the Tones were indeed very good. Also the other little corner forward gave our corner back a hard day!

For Ballyhegan, Sean McNally at corner back was our best player; we'd have been beaten by a lot more only for his efforts. Kevin Keegan showed very well in corner forwards, it's a pity we couldn't get the ball to him more...

I'd agree Ballyhegan's stint in Div II seems to be another short one!

With regards Johnny, I thought it was his momentum that took him onto the Tones player. He wouldn't be that sort of lad to be honest.

no.15/?he looked your best bet for something to happen but you just couldnt get enough ball in2 him.  hopefully we can kick on from this now

Yup.

Aghdavoyle

Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.

corn02

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Great result for dromintee on sunday evening - 2 much needed points. great performances from barry shannon and aidan & Michael o'rourke amongst mostly good performances. good to see our players taking a bit of responsibility.

ogs are struggling.

Can you throw up a summary there chap?

Aghdavoyle

Very even first half with clarke giving a bit of bother at full forward in the first ten minutes. dromintee settled and took over around midfield but failed to put the scores on the board. nip and tuck til the half with m o'rourke pulling a lot of the strings and getting most of dromintee's scores. for ogs their full back line was very solid and any decent ball into clarke was resulting in a score - mostly via a free. point in it to ogs at half time.

second half started with dromintee in control. unlucky for 3/4 scores and ogs broke upfield to tag on a couple of scores against the run of play. 10 minutes in dromintee were pushing hard with no return and ogs again broke to win a penalty at 2 points up, which duffy put wide. home side dominated after the let off and aidan controlled the game completely. him and shannon drove forward well and linked up very will with michael. think dromintee scored 6 unanswered points to get 4 up then ogs tagged 1 on at the death.