Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghtrue on June 12, 2009, 07:15:14 AM
fair play this might make players think twice about making any physical contact with a referee
true, because some refs are c***ts and will try and make something out of nothing. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Goats Do Shave

Pints you've lost the run of yourself again!

Yes they are a strange species, but - No refs = no football!

IVEDECIDED

While I agree with most of whats being said and dont condone the players behaviour I cant help but think that refs nowadays know that no refs = no football and as a result are too powerful. They dont seem to be accountable to anyone and in many respects are a law unto themselves. I see regularly each year refs making up rules and deciding the outcome of games themselves. Surely the two teams involved should decide the outcome of a game. We are in a dangerous situation where if refs get criticised by board officials they simply threaten to strike. In my opinion most of them dont have a clue and have too much control and power. Something has to be done to ensure that there is an even playing field for each team on a sunday afternoon. At the minute players have no idea during a game which rules are going to be allowed and which are going to be punished. The state of our officiating at the minute is absolutely ludicrous to say the very least!  >:( >:( >:(

the scenic route

Club football in Armagh is littered with inconsistency.
A couple of weeks ago we (silverbridge) played tones on a friday night at home, out captain went up for the toss and the usual chat with the ref about what he would be strict on, ref informed him any chat back he wouldn take the ball up 10 yards but 20 or 30 or whatever he deemed justifiable for the mouthing to him and if he heard anything disapprovals for the line he would do the same and if the criticisms on him were considered serious enough he would book people, as expected the referee was fussy enough blowing for alot of what could be let go.
Wednesday past there we had a referee for whitecross game think his message was the same for no chat back but then during the game he let us cut the absoloute shite out of each other for the hour,  the game started as a great hard hitting club match until the point were the referee began to lose control of the game and it turned into a dirty affair for most of the second half, on 3/4 occasions the game came very close to boiling over into a brawl. 
Theres absoloutly no consistency in it. 
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 12, 2009, 12:50:54 PM
While I agree with most of whats being said and dont condone the players behaviour I cant help but think that refs nowadays know that no refs = no football and as a result are too powerful. They dont seem to be accountable to anyone and in many respects are a law unto themselves. I see regularly each year refs making up rules and deciding the outcome of games themselves. Surely the two teams involved should decide the outcome of a game. We are in a dangerous situation where if refs get criticised by board officials they simply threaten to strike. In my opinion most of them dont have a clue and have too much control and power. Something has to be done to ensure that there is an even playing field for each team on a sunday afternoon. At the minute players have no idea during a game which rules are going to be allowed and which are going to be punished. The state of our officiating at the minute is absolutely ludicrous to say the very least!  >:( >:( >:(
Spot on

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 07:35:39 PM
Quotesorry pints just heard he got 58 weeks plus bridge have to play next three home matchs away and 400 pound fine a disgrace
You can say that again, absolutely no justification for punishing the club. 
The suspension is very harsh considering what happened but you could understand it more than what the club got. 

For a poke in the belly, f**king hell  ::)

all because some bollocks a ref wants to make a name for himself  ::)

If you touch a referee, you'll get 2 years and you deserve it. Don't really agree with punishing other innocent lads in a club though. We got thrown out of a league at minor level over a spectator hitting a ref - always really annoyed me - ruined my last year of football.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Legs11

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 13, 2009, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 07:35:39 PM
Quotesorry pints just heard he got 58 weeks plus bridge have to play next three home matchs away and 400 pound fine a disgrace
You can say that again, absolutely no justification for punishing the club. 
The suspension is very harsh considering what happened but you could understand it more than what the club got. 

For a poke in the belly, f**king hell  ::)

all because some bollocks a ref wants to make a name for himself  ::)

If you touch a referee, you'll get 2 years and you deserve it. Don't really agree with punishing other innocent lads in a club though. We got thrown out of a league at minor level over a spectator hitting a ref - always really annoyed me - ruined my last year of football.
listen boys its not about touchin the ref its wats in the refs report tats pissin  very one in the club off..ref has the bridge man down for strikin with the closed fist to his face... if that was the case the ref should have called the game off? but seein as there was not much to it he played on.this ref has a bit of a head bout himself..

winsamsoon

Clans 0-11 Sarsfields 0-07. Clans on top from the start and should really have won by more. Ref wasn't too bad in testing conditions. Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening. ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

torres

GRANEMORE BEAT SILVERBRIDGE   2-11 - 0-6

charlie stubbs

tones beat ballyhegan by bout 8 points.  ballyhegan will be in div 3 next year i would imagine.  niall lennon didnt give paddy mckeever a kick.john toal scored around 1-5.  johnny mckeever should havce got the line 4 stamping onone of our players.dirty act

pintsofguinness

Quote from: torres on June 14, 2009, 04:07:31 PM
GRANEMORE BEAT SILVERBRIDGE   2-11 - 0-6
was just going to post that, heard it was 2-10 though, not that it matters.
sigh.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's 0-14 Culloville 1-8

Poor enough opening quarter but the game improved as it went on. We led for pretty much the whole matcha nd thought we were definitely the better side. Gave a poor goal away in the second half though but showed good character to pull away again. Best for Cullyhanna were Barry McConville who scored 0-4 from play and Eugene Casey. Kieran Hoey had a good match as well.

Looked reasonably impressive today and thankfully we're that bit further away from the bottom.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

rootthemout

harps beat newtown,poor game but the result is all that matters for us at this stage.

crossfire