Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 11, 2009, 10:38:22 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 11, 2009, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 11, 2009, 09:21:45 AM
anyone know who won north aremagh semi between maghery and tirnanog?

Portydown won by 1pt.

Clans v Porty in final
are u as excited as i am ;D

Correct saan ;) ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Edgeofthesquare

Div 2
Silverbridge 0-06 Whitecross 1-11

Some sloppy play from both sides, not helped by a ref who wasn't able to deal with a fast paced game. u12 may suit him better!

umgolaarmagh

Whitecross have had a god run of results lately

Have they any county players or potential county players on their team

billy the kid

Thought this might interest some of you.

The Ulster Camogie Council are making a massive push ahead of their Ulster Finals.  Can you support them by publisizing their finals in all Clubs, Club and County Websites and all local Media (Radio and Newspapers)

Please Find attached the Final Poster and the Children's (U14) Free Ticket.

ULSTER CAMOGIE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS 2009

PAIRC ESLER, NEWRY
SATURDAY 4th JULY
[/b]

Ulster Camogie: Press Release – By. Niamh Archibald (Ulster Camogie PRO)

Ulster Camogie hosted the 2009 Provincial Championship Finals launch on Friday evening at the finals venue at Pairc Esler Newry.  Mayor of Newry and Mourne District Colman Burns was present to help launch the Ulster Finals.

Mayor Burns said: "Ulster Council should be commended for their dedication to making the Ulster Final a festival of camogie which could be enjoyed by all the family.

"The hard-work that has gone in by all those involved should be commended, this will be the best final Ulster Camogie has witnessed. The teams, players and officials are lucky to be taking part in such a momentous occasion.

Catherine O'Hara Chairperson of Ulster Camogie said: "The GAA has to be congratulated for giving us the opportunity to create what we hope will be the finest Ulster Final. They have worked tirelessly to ensure that we have a pitch and date which we can build around. Danny Murphy and Tom Daly have to be thanked for giving us this unique opportunity, we hope with their continued support and help to make the Ulster Final an annual event which will be placed in every GAA calendar.

"It's now up to us, as an association, in a Province with a unique history to get behind our own sport and be visibly seen supporting the game we are so proud to be part of. It's about respecting  ourselves first.

On behalf of the Council Iwould like to wish all the finalists and officials  the best of luck. Pairc Esler on 4th July is where we should all be.

Two fabulous finals and the buzz that goes hand in hand with finals day is one not to be missed."

Also present at the Launch was Ulster Secretary Danny Murphy . The Provincial GAA Director spoke of the need to support Camogie. Danny Murphy stated that the time has come for Camogie to receive the respect and recognition it deserved saying: "for some time now the Camogie Association has been saying that it should get more respect. I'm a big believer that respect is not given but earned and you only have to look at what Ulster Camogie is trying to achieve with this Final to know that they are worthy of our respect."

The Ulster Finals will take place on the 4th July, with Tyrone facing Monaghan in the Junior Final, whilst neighbours Derry and Antrim will battle it out for the Senior title.

(For all the latest updates log onto www.ulstercamogie.ie )

CLICK BELOW TO VIEW - Ulster Camogie Final Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_KH5og1zwY

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 11, 2009, 12:47:55 PM

Mark Shields was deadly versus Ballyhegan - I think he scored 5 from play, from wing back.

bennydorano

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 11, 2009, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 11, 2009, 12:47:55 PM

Mark Shields was deadly versus Ballyhegan - I think he scored 5 from play, from wing back.
Did something similar v Harps. I notice that Whitecross have very good reports in the locals but they dont credit the scores to the correct people, Shields and the other WHB are hardly ever mentioned in their scoring - fargin sneaky bastiches.

Legs11

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 11:06:11 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 10:49:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
QuoteWere you there Pints?
What does that matter?

QuoteThis is not the first time someone has been accused of striking a ref for nothing more than a punch.
I'm aware of that. 

I find it strange that you can say he is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill if you weren't there and that your player did nothing wrong.The referee obviously disagrees so you are simply making assumptions on one word against another.
I never said the player did nothing wrong, in fact Ive said the opposite. 
The player is ultimately responsible because you cannot put your hands on the referee and if you do you leave yourself open to a long ban. That however will not stop me criticising the referee for making the most out of it, I know he's making the most out of it because everyone I've spoke to who was at the game said it a one push (at most) and they've no reason to lie. 
Two posters on this board have said similar but all you can come on and say is "where you there". That's just cheap, silly nonsense I thought you were a better poster than that.   
bridge player got 58 weeks..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Legs11 on June 11, 2009, 07:18:57 PM
What does that matter?

QuoteThis is not the first time someone has been accused of striking a ref for nothing more than a punch.
I'm aware of that. 

I find it strange that you can say he is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill if you weren't there and that your player did nothing wrong.The referee obviously disagrees so you are simply making assumptions on one word against another.
The player is ultimately responsible because you cannot put your hands on the referee and if you do you leave yourself open to a long ban. That however will not stop me criticising the referee for making the most out of it, I know he's making the most out of it because everyone I've spoke to who was at the game said it a one push (at most) and they've no reason to lie. 
Two posters on this board have said similar but all you can come on and say is "where you there". That's just cheap, silly nonsense I thought you were a better poster than that.   

and the rest 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Legs11

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on June 11, 2009, 07:18:57 PM
What does that matter?

I'm aware of that. 

and the rest 
sorry pints just heard he got 58 weeks plus bridge have to play next three home matchs away and 400 pound fine a disgrace

pintsofguinness

Quotesorry pints just heard he got 58 weeks plus bridge have to play next three home matchs away and 400 pound fine a disgrace
You can say that again, absolutely no justification for punishing the club. 
The suspension is very harsh considering what happened but you could understand it more than what the club got. 

For a poke in the belly, f**king hell  ::)

all because some bollocks a ref wants to make a name for himself  ::)

Orior

Pints,

Why would a ref want to make a name for himself? Where's thar gonna get him.

Can you define a "poke in the belly"?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2009, 08:34:56 PM
Pints,

well I dont know orior, why would a ref make all he could out of a poke in the belly or push (at the very most) and report being struck?

Orior

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 09:03:12 PM
Pints,

well I dont know orior, why would a ref make all he could out of a poke in the belly or push (at the very most) and report being struck?

The only things I know about incident is what I've read here. But surely this sort of thing can be avoided by not having any physical contact with the ref?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2009, 10:33:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 09:03:12 PM
Pints,

The only things I know about incident is what I've read here. But surely this sort of thing can be avoided by not having any physical contact with the ref?

Agree complately orior, our play is ultimately responsible for leaving himself open to this but that doesnt mean we can't criticise the punishment handed down, particularly on the club!

armaghtrue

fair play this might make players think twice about making any physical contact with a referee