Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: davo on June 10, 2009, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: The GAA on June 10, 2009, 11:48:17 AM

six points in a row dropped by ogs and dromintee. not the stuff of championship contenders

I wouldnt read too much into the league to be honest. from what i seen of the ogs against cross i have no doubt that they can beat them come championship. In my opinion Dromintee and the Ogs are the only real contenders to cross's title. Both sides have had a good number of players missing from the start of the league but they will be there or thereabouts come the business end of the championship

cant see anyone beating cross, ogs to make the best go of it dromintee going backwards imo players getting older the departure of dyas etc. 

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 10, 2009, 01:52:06 PM
:o three in a row in div 1 is understandable.

:o4 in a row in div.2 for a team that ran cross to a goal last year is baffling!!!
harps should be doing alot better than they are.  dont know the ins and outs but for a team that ran cross so close last year to be languishing in mid table in div 2 could hardly be deemed as acceptable??  is there any breakthrough of minors from last year?  i see some of their teamsheets on their website and they seem to be pretty strong obv charlie big miss.  good players dont always make good managers, as i can say about miceal magill! ::)

illdecide

Well thats whats ya's get for paying men to come in and think they're gonna turn ya's into all-ireland champions. The tones should have learned their lesson from previous years. Most money men don't give a f**k about your club, they're only there for the dollars.

I know how hard it is to get one of your own club men to take the job (without having to pay them) but you're own most times works out to be the best......
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Quote from: Lothos on June 10, 2009, 01:46:20 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on June 10, 2009, 12:41:36 PM
heard Nudie Hughes has been made redundant.

Any truth or outcome?

I heard there was a players meeting last night about finding a new manager.  Can any of the Harps posters enlighten us on this?

Complete Manure.... END OF DISCUSSION!!!

Lothos where are you getting your information? There was no players meeting lastnight, just training as usual.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on June 10, 2009, 04:53:07 PM
Well thats whats ya's get for paying men to come in and think they're gonna turn ya's into all-ireland champions. The tones should have learned their lesson from previous years. Most money men don't give a f**k about your club, they're only there for the dollars.

I know how hard it is to get one of your own club men to take the job (without having to pay them) but you're own most times works out to be the best......

what lesson is this?

men from the club have taken it before and not got the respect they deserve.  this may change now as some of the bigger egos have now left/retired and we have a young team.

not all clubs have someone that the whole board and club will bow down to...

ogshead

Quote from: rootthemout on June 10, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
first ive heard,nudie took training last night,we arent the only club with problems,heard ogs having lost three in a won there was words between management and players.

Quite sad to our neighbours in the situation they're in at the minute and I myself haven't mentioned anything about it on this board. You can't go comparing the Ogs situation to the Harps'. It's a no brainer. Harps got stuffed Friday night by Granemore and the Ogs got beat by one point by Cross. I think the Ogs are ticking along nicely and wouldn't read too much into the results. The Harps on the other hand look to be in a spot of trouble. They might still pull a good championship out of the bag like they did last year but they shouldn't be getting tanked in div 2. I heard some Harps people saying last year that they'd go straight back up winning all they're games, maybe they underestimated the division. Also, I don't think any Ogs people have said anything about the Harps situation on this board. I'd worry about your own teams problems roothemout

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ogshead on June 10, 2009, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: rootthemout on June 10, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
first ive heard,nudie took training last night,we arent the only club with problems,heard ogs having lost three in a won there was words between management and players.

Quite sad to our neighbours in the situation they're in at the minute and I myself haven't mentioned anything about it on this board. You can't go comparing the Ogs situation to the Harps'. It's a no brainer. Harps got stuffed Friday night by Granemore and the Ogs got beat by one point by Cross. I think the Ogs are ticking along nicely and wouldn't read too much into the results. The Harps on the other hand look to be in a spot of trouble. They might still pull a good championship out of the bag like they did last year but they shouldn't be getting tanked in div 2. I heard some Harps people saying last year that they'd go straight back up winning all they're games, maybe they underestimated the division. Also, I don't think any Ogs people have said anything about the Harps situation on this board. I'd worry about your own teams problems roothemout

exactly.

Goats Do Shave

Everyone's getting a bit touchy on this thread lately... a bit of rumour & slagging is what we're missing!

flog the lot

cullyhanna beat cross last nite in s.armagh B champ
anyone know who won other semi between cruppen and dromintee?

corn02

Quote from: flog the lot on June 11, 2009, 09:11:42 AM
cullyhanna beat cross last nite in s.armagh B champ
anyone know who won other semi between cruppen and dromintee?

Dromintee won by eight. Cruppen didn;t score in the second half which was strange because they were by far the better side in the opening half.

charlie stubbs

anyone know who won north aremagh semi between maghery and tirnanog?

illdecide

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 11, 2009, 09:21:45 AM

Portydown won by 1pt.

Clans v Porty in final
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

amigo

who is the new manager of Cullyhanna??

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on June 11, 2009, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 11, 2009, 09:21:45 AM

Portydown won by 1pt.

Clans v Porty in final
are u as excited as i am ;D

rootthemout

ogs lads sorry if i upset a few of you but you know what armaghs like for rumours,obviously not true ;)