Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

How many "outside" managers have Dromintee had over the last 10 - 15 years?  I presume McIvor was paid as would John Rafferty.  Who else was paid?  Surely in the same period of time this money would have been better invested into building up the underage structure etc to realistically give the club a basis to challenge once the current group of player( O'Rourkes in particular) are gone?

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 06, 2009, 02:40:45 PM
How many "outside" managers have Dromintee had over the last 10 - 15 years?  I presume McIvor was paid as would John Rafferty.  Who else was paid?  Surely in the same period of time this money would have been better invested into building up the underage structure etc to realistically give the club a basis to challenge once the current group of player( O'Rourkes in particular) are gone?

Duffin, Rafferty, Fitzpatrick, McIvor, Kelly - the only outside managers I believe we have had, still a big number, but nothing unusual - commonplace in any club, or the majority anyway.

How can you 'invest' in the underage? I'm being genuine, I know trips away etc, but what else can you invest in. All you can do is develop facilites and Dromintee are an excellent club for that.

corn02

And as for last night's game, well beaten, should have been more if honest.

Micheal O Rourke continues to perform brilliantly if guilty of a couple of misses. In the form of his life yet, somehow, not in the Armagh set up.

pintsofguinness

How can you 'invest' in the underage? I'm being genuine, I know trips away etc, but what else can you invest in. All you can do is develop facilites and Dromintee are an excellent club for that.
Was going to make the same ponit, all you can do is have the facilities and coaches in place but in the end it's all down to the size of the pick you have and there's not much you can do about, apart from the obvious.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

I haven't been to Dromintee in a few years but how many fields have they got?  Have they got an adequate indoor facility? I presume they run cul camp, but do they ever organise other training weeks or run blitzes?  These are all genuine questions that I do not have the answer to.  At a guess Dromintee have paid an outside manger for 12 years, at say average £15k all in for the year.  So to round that down that is £100k over the period.  I would rather have employed a part time under age coach for that kid of money.  To do that you have to make an assumption that there is someone adequate within the club to do the senior team.  This must not be deemed to be the case

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 06, 2009, 03:31:03 PM
I haven't been to Dromintee in a few years but how many fields have they got?  Have they got an adequate indoor facility? I presume they run cul camp, but do they ever organise other training weeks or run blitzes?  These are all genuine questions that I do not have the answer to.  At a guess Dromintee have paid an outside manger for 12 years, at say average £15k all in for the year.  So to round that down that is £100k over the period.  I would rather have employed a part time under age coach for that kid of money.  To do that you have to make an assumption that there is someone adequate within the club to do the senior team.  This must not be deemed to be the case

Indeed, I know your genuine BC.

Yeah good points, we have two pitches, soon to be three I think. An indoor gym and use of the Jade centre for indoor training. We run the Cul Camp and a lot more emphasis seems to be put on the very young age group (U-8) and (U-10s). In my day we didn't have U-8 and you usually had 20 max at U-10s. I think last year there was something like 60 at U-8 training.

The blitz thing is probably something we haven;t done in ages. We have a very popular memorial blitz, which attracts a lot of teams. But probably we could do a bit more.

The part-time underage coach is an interesting one. Do Cross have one? My guess would be that any coach who is worth paying will not want to be bothered coaching underage teams and would want senior temas. A development coach is what I assume you mean and again its a good idea in principle, executing it with the right person is another issue.

What would a club development officer actually do though?

pearseog

ogs threw it away against cross. 1st half was pretty even but cross took their chances to build a five point lead at half time. 2nd half was all ogs, totally dominated cross. cross only had three or four attacks in the 2nd half scoring 1 point. but missed frees from both sean moore and ronan clarke probably cost us in the end. also missed a few chances from play. clarke had a shout for a penalty when he seemed to be pulled down in the area. after all the criticism of referees lately, particularly on this site, rory robinson had a very good game and controlled the game well when it seemed things where about to kick off towards the end of the 1st half.

full back

Any word on Nudie leaving the Harps after last nights game?

Also heard Lavery got a straight red.
Suppose it depends what it was for to see if he will miss county games

crossfire

Cross beat Clans 1-17 to 0-11.
0-8 each at half time. Clans played well and were only 2 behind with 10 minutes left, when Oisin came on and scored 1-3.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's 0-15 Dromintee 0-10

Good to get an immediate reaction to the change of management. By the sounds of things, Dromintee mightn't be too long behind us.

Played the better football today, Kieran Hoey had a great match and Liam O'Hare was threatening at times. Got on top at midfield which laid the platform for the victory. Marty O'Rourke came on at halftime after not being togged out at all for the first half. Hopefully that'll get us off the bottom, depending on other results. If we can keep that form up, we should get out of trouble.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

qub la la la

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 07, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
St Pat's 0-15 Dromintee 0-10

Good to get an immediate reaction to the change of management. By the sounds of things, Dromintee mightn't be too long behind us.

Played the better football today, Kieran Hoey had a great match and Liam O'Hare was threatening at times. Got on top at midfield which laid the platform for the victory. Marty O'Rourke came on at halftime after not being togged out at all for the first half. Hopefully that'll get us off the bottom, depending on other results. If we can keep that form up, we should get out of trouble.

Who's the new man in charge? Thought on friday there would be a new manager by sunday and you's would stay up. That would be cullyhanna off the bottom. Any news on todays other game?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: qub la la la on June 07, 2009, 05:08:35 PM

Who's the new man in charge? Thought on friday there would be a new manager by sunday and you's would stay up. That would be cullyhanna off the bottom. Any news on todays other game?

Peter Vice (not sure of the spelling of his sirname). He's been training the team for the last few weeks and is going to take over the management.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

torres

granemore bt wolfe tones 1-13 - 0-13  [ c o, connor 0-6 , j o, neill 0-6 ]

Goats Do Shave

Ballyhegan beaten at home by Newtown by 5 points.
Terrible game, terrible performance especially from the Davitt's.
Young O'Rourke was kept quiet, but Kevin Murray starred kicking most of the visitor's scores. He was deadly from the placed ball.

winsamsoon

If cullyhanna would get the dirt out of their game and play football they might stand a chance of getting out of trouble. But they think because they are well buolt men that they can bully teams, clearly this didn't work on friday night when we had a very young side teach them a football lesson .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.