Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 05, 2009, 11:23:43 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 05, 2009, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 05, 2009, 09:25:39 PM
Clan na Gael 0-10 St Pat's 0-7

Poor enough standard affair. 0-4 a piece at half time - we kicked a lot of wides int he first half that probably cost us. Clans came and won the match with 5 points in the first 10 minutes of the second half because they played the smarter, more direct football, Their no 15 (Marty someone?) was the star of the show and had us in all sorts of bother. We came back from 6 down to get within 3 but never really got the goal chance to level it.

Most of the talk was about the referee. To be fair to Jim Lynch, I didn't think he was as bad as a lot of people said he was. It was a niggly enough match and hard to referee. He definetly got a few decisions wrong though and was too indecisive at time, throwing up the ball too much instead of making a decision. Was sure we should have had a second half penalty as well which would have changed the game.

We're in real trouble now - bottom of the table having lost to 2 of the teams around us in the last week. Need a win on Sunday but wouldn't be at all confident going away to Dromintee.
Marty Lavery indeed. Was a terror throughout, unmarkable tonight. If cullyhanna focused more on actually playing football they maybe wouldn't find themselves in the position they are in. Disagree about the ref, woeful. Poor performance IMO, especially when it came to St Pat's throwing elbows, pulling jerseys and boxin players. Two of our players were felled within the space of ten seconds, one with a bust nose, the other knocked out, by the same cullyhanna player might I add and the ref did f*ck all. Must have been intimidated, a legitimate Clans point disallowed, whilst a wide for Cullyhanna was awarded as a point  ??? Was slow to award blatant free kicks and most of the time just took the easy option and hopped the ball to try and please everyone. Good win for the Clans, now to knock it into them Cross heures on Sunday! :)

Ach give over Fitzroyalty, all the points / wides were awarded correctly, despite the Clans umpire sticking his hand up for a point that had clearly gone 5 yards wide. Don't know what sort of intimidation you're crying about. I didn't see any Clans men knocked out - both teams were niggling away at each other as bad as the other. Clans no 13 was lucky just before half time - think the referee missed the incident though he realised something had happened. By the way, Clans seemed to get an awful lot of cramp and injuries that they recovered from in the last 5 minutes. Strange one that.
Where they f*ck, Clans had a point that was definitely over awarded as a wide.

How convenient you missed blood pouring from Ronan Austin's nose, having been punched whilst on the ground by your no12, from the resulting hop our other midfielder received similar treatment, again from the same cullyhanna man, again having to withdraw. Right in front of the ref, he saw it and did nothing!

Noticed the cramp/injuries myself saan, I'm surprised you don't find it familiar, we learnt from the best (i.e. cullyhanna u21s  ;))

cillsleibhe

Quote from: Real1995 on June 05, 2009, 09:54:06 PM
Mullaghbawn 1-09
Cullavile 0-06

Good win, we need to be pickin up these points at home....Tell u what, other than OGs and cross its prooving to be a tight enuf league this year,rest are reasonably matched...

How can you put Ogs in this category?  There are five teams within two points of Ogs.  If Killeavy beat them on Sunday then they will lie second in the table.

Real1995

Quote from: cillsleibhe on June 05, 2009, 11:42:16 PM

How can you put Ogs in this category?  There are five teams within two points of Ogs.  If Killeavy beat them on Sunday then they will lie second in the table.

With their county players easily, cillsleibhe.....they may struggle with out them i would admit,but so does Dromintee....but wit a full squad they have no fear of relegation, and lets face it wit armagh in the qualifiers club teams will hav their county players for at least the next 3 weeks possibly....they certainly put it up to cross tonite obviously,as close as any of the rest of us came to date....
Nice guys always finish second!

gaapunter

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 05, 2009, 09:25:39 PM
Clan na Gael 0-10 St Pat's 0-7

Poor enough standard affair. 0-4 a piece at half time - we kicked a lot of wides int he first half that probably cost us. Clans came and won the match with 5 points in the first 10 minutes of the second half because they played the smarter, more direct football, Their no 15 (Marty someone?) was the star of the show and had us in all sorts of bother. We came back from 6 down to get within 3 but never really got the goal chance to level it.

Most of the talk was about the referee. To be fair to Jim Lynch, I didn't think he was as bad as a lot of people said he was. It was a niggly enough match and hard to referee. He definetly got a few decisions wrong though and was too indecisive at time, throwing up the ball too much instead of making a decision. Was sure we should have had a second half penalty as well which would have changed the game.

We're in real trouble now - bottom of the table having lost to 2 of the teams around us in the last week. Need a win on Sunday but wouldn't be at all confident going away to Dromintee.

You must be sniffing some of that diseal that you men smuggle up there- the clans won the match as they took you dirty tactics - hit back and played a bit of football- that number 14 was a gyspy hard man hitting lads when they were down.

Be honest the ref was useless - never seen worse and we have seen some bad ones.  I heard after some of you players calling for the manager to go- Mckeever certainly wasnt happy.

Ps the sandwiches were first class as usual ;D

bennydorano

Counted 7 players missing who started v Cross in last year's champ but still, Harps are just getting embarassing at this stage.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: gaapunter on June 05, 2009, 11:59:23 PM

You must be sniffing some of that diseal that you men smuggle up there
- the clans won the match as they took you dirty tactics - hit back and played a bit of football- that number 14 was a gyspy hard man hitting lads when they were down.

Be honest the ref was useless - never seen worse and we have seen some bad ones.  I heard after some of you players calling for the manager to go- Mckeever certainly wasnt happy.

Ps the sandwiches were first class as usual ;D

I think that probably says as much about your views as needs to be said.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Aghdavoyle

Two terrible perfrmances in a row from dromintee. hammered by sarsfields at home last week and well beaten by killeavy last night, despite having some of the county men back. new manager certainly isn't an inspiring appoinment and that is well reflected in performances.

slievegullion

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 06, 2009, 12:18:23 PM

Two terrible perfrmances in a row from dromintee. hammered by sarsfields at home last week and well beaten by killeavy last night, despite having some of the county men back. new manager certainly isn't an inspiring appoinment and that is well reflected in performances.

Aghdavoyle, two terrible performances yes, but it is still early days for the new management. He is still very much learning about the team and different players.

As a clubman, you would do well not to criticise management or the appointment in public as it helps nobody concerned with the situation.

IVEDECIDED

Grow up man - we're all friends here!  ;) ;D

slievegullion

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: slievegullion on June 06, 2009, 12:41:59 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 06, 2009, 12:18:23 PM

Aghdavoyle, two terrible performances yes, but it is still early days for the new management. He is still very much learning about the team and different players.

As a clubman, you would do well not to criticise management or the appointment in public as it helps nobody concerned with the situation.

Kelly is no club man of ours, in fact he's being handsomely paid good club money to run the team into the ground. he was a bad manager before he came to dromintee, terribly referenced but still appointed. he looks to have learned absolutely nothing about the team or players in 6 months.

i'll agree with yo about one thing - talking about it in public certainly doesn't help those who appointed him but were warned not to....

slievegullion

First of all, only two of the last six managers have been clubmen so your point is irrelvant.

If you are dissatisfied with the teams performances what do you think your little public outburst here is possibly going to achieve? There is not going to be a re-appointment this year, Kelly is manager, so everyone concerned needs to throw their weight in behind the team and work out how we can progress.

Airing those kind of views is incredibly irresponsible, take it up with the men concerned in private.

Aghdavoyle

The fact is we previously payed managers who were competent and improved the team nd ore importantly the players. money well spent for a football club. more moey that has ever been spent before to achieve neither of those things is scandalous in the current economic climate.

how do you know there is not going to be a reappointment?

Wouldn't be much point in raising footbal issues in our club. football and the performance of teams on the field would be well down any list of priorities for the powers that be in dromintee.

you seem to be new to this forum. it's commonplace to discuss football here - particularly armagh club football in this thread. if you don't wish to hear others' opinions i suggest you dn't read them.

slievegullion

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 06, 2009, 01:38:27 PM

The fact is we previously payed managers who were competent and improved the team nd ore importantly the players. money well spent for a football club. more moey that has ever been spent before to achieve neither of those things is scandalous in the current economic climate.

how do you know there is not going to be a reappointment?

Wouldn't be much point in raising footbal issues in our club. football and the performance of teams on the field would be well down any list of priorities for the powers that be in dromintee.

you seem to be new to this forum. it's commonplace to discuss football here - particularly armagh club football in this thread. if you don't wish to hear others' opinions i suggest you dn't read them.

I am aware of this, my point is that this is an 'in-house' matter and I don't believe you are being constructive towards the club by making your views on this accessible to every other club in Armagh. Further to this, I am not going to converse anymore on the matter.

Lothos

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 06, 2009, 12:55:17 PM

Kelly is no club man of ours, in fact he's being handsomely paid good club money to run the team into the ground. he was a bad manager before he came to dromintee, terribly referenced but still appointed. he looks to have learned absolutely nothing about the team or players in 6 months.

i'll agree with yo about one thing - talking about it in public certainly doesn't help those who appointed him but were warned not to....

Getting paid? :o