Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsy--1

i think its fair to say the Harps are favourites but the championship doesn't always work like unless your talking about the Senior Championship.

rootthemout

did any granemore or harps hear game off tonight?

torres

Carbery

Killeavy defeated Dromintee this evening in the League.  Any other results?

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs 0-8  Crossmaglen 1-6

Cross were leading by 1-5 to 3 points at half time.

In the second half the ogs dominated but missed 7 frees in this period. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Clan na Gael 0-10 St Pat's 0-7

Poor enough standard affair. 0-4 a piece at half time - we kicked a lot of wides int he first half that probably cost us. Clans came and won the match with 5 points in the first 10 minutes of the second half because they played the smarter, more direct football, Their no 15 (Marty someone?) was the star of the show and had us in all sorts of bother. We came back from 6 down to get within 3 but never really got the goal chance to level it.

Most of the talk was about the referee. To be fair to Jim Lynch, I didn't think he was as bad as a lot of people said he was. It was a niggly enough match and hard to referee. He definetly got a few decisions wrong though and was too indecisive at time, throwing up the ball too much instead of making a decision. Was sure we should have had a second half penalty as well which would have changed the game.

We're in real trouble now - bottom of the table having lost to 2 of the teams around us in the last week. Need a win on Sunday but wouldn't be at all confident going away to Dromintee.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

Real1995

Mullaghbawn 1-09
Cullavile 0-06

Good win, we need to be pickin up these points at home....Tell u what, other than OGs and cross its prooving to be a tight enuf league this year,rest are reasonably matched...
Nice guys always finish second!

Harpo

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 05, 2009, 09:25:39 PM

Poor enough standard affair. 0-4 a piece at half time - we kicked a lot of wides int he first half that probably cost us. Clans came and won the match with 5 points in the first 10 minutes of the second half because they played the smarter, more direct football, Their no 15 (Marty someone?) was the star of the show and had us in all sorts of bother. We came back from 6 down to get within 3 but never really got the goal chance to level it.

Most of the talk was about the referee. To be fair to Jim Lynch, I didn't think he was as bad as a lot of people said he was. It was a niggly enough match and hard to referee. He definetly got a few decisions wrong though and was too indecisive at time, throwing up the ball too much instead of making a decision. Was sure we should have had a second half penalty as well which would have changed the game.

We're in real trouble now - bottom of the table having lost to 2 of the teams around us in the last week. Need a win on Sunday but wouldn't be at all confident going away to Dromintee.
Marty Lavery indeed. Was a terror throughout, unmarkable tonight. If cullyhanna focused more on actually playing football they maybe wouldn't find themselves in the position they are in. Disagree about the ref, woeful. Poor performance IMO, especially when it came to St Pat's throwing elbows, pulling jerseys and boxin players. Two of our players were felled within the space of ten seconds, one with a bust nose, the other knocked out, by the same cullyhanna player might I add and the ref did f*ck all. Must have been intimidated, a legitimate Clans point disallowed, whilst a wide for Cullyhanna was awarded as a point  ??? Was slow to award blatant free kicks and most of the time just took the easy option and hopped the ball to try and please everyone. Good win for the Clans, now to knock it into them Cross heures on Sunday! :)

qub la la la

DIVISION: 1 PLD W D L PTS
Crossmaglen    7 7 0 0 14
Pearse Og       7 4 1 2 9
Dromintee       7 4 0 3 8
Killeavy            7 4 0 3 8 
Carrickcruppin   8 3 1 4 7
Cullaville           8 3 1 4 7
Mullabawn        8 3 1 4 7
Clan na Gael      7 2 1 4 5
Sarsfields          8 2 1 5 5
St.Patricks        7 2 0 5 4 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 05, 2009, 10:38:59 PM

Marty Lavery indeed. Was a terror throughout, unmarkable tonight. If cullyhanna focused more on actually playing football they maybe wouldn't find themselves in the position they are in. Disagree about the ref, woeful. Poor performance IMO, especially when it came to St Pat's throwing elbows, pulling jerseys and boxin players. Two of our players were felled within the space of ten seconds, one with a bust nose, the other knocked out, by the same cullyhanna player might I add and the ref did f*ck all. Must have been intimidated, a legitimate Clans point disallowed, whilst a wide for Cullyhanna was awarded as a point  ??? Was slow to award blatant free kicks and most of the time just took the easy option and hopped the ball to try and please everyone. Good win for the Clans, now to knock it into them Cross heures on Sunday! :)

Ach give over Fitzroyalty, all the points / wides were awarded correctly, despite the Clans umpire sticking his hand up for a point that had clearly gone 5 yards wide. Don't know what sort of intimidation you're crying about. I didn't see any Clans men knocked out - both teams were niggling away at each other as bad as the other. Clans no 13 was lucky just before half time - think the referee missed the incident though he realised something had happened. By the way, Clans seemed to get an awful lot of cramp and injuries that they recovered from in the last 5 minutes. Strange one that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

torres

Quote from: Harpo on June 05, 2009, 09:58:05 PM
Harps beaten by Granemore
granemore 1-14 - 1-8 harps , from our point of view it was a very good team performance from 1 to 15 with kevin kelly in goals , b doyle [ capt ] , t mc clelland , k toner , to the fore , while our forwards took some great scores c o, connor [ 6 pts ] , j o, neill [ 3 pts ] , c rafferty [ 2 pts ] , j fahy [ 1-1 ] . a deserved victory . i was surprised the harps did,nt move c holmes out onto k toner to try and curb his influence .

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 05, 2009, 11:23:43 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 05, 2009, 10:38:59 PM

Ach give over Fitzroyalty, all the points / wides were awarded correctly, despite the Clans umpire sticking his hand up for a point that had clearly gone 5 yards wide. Don't know what sort of intimidation you're crying about. I didn't see any Clans men knocked out - both teams were niggling away at each other as bad as the other. Clans no 13 was lucky just before half time - think the referee missed the incident though he realised something had happened. By the way, Clans seemed to get an awful lot of cramp and injuries that they recovered from in the last 5 minutes. Strange one that.

Who taught you to spell muckman?? ;D ;D

pintsofguinness

'bridge game was called off due to a death.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?