Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: corn02 on May 29, 2009, 08:45:50 PM
Sarsfields are absolutely taking Dromintee to pieces.

16in it in the end i hear :o

charlie stubbs

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 29, 2009, 09:55:35 PM
According to orchardcounty nab beat harps by 6  :o

harps going find it tough go up now with whitecross,nab and maghery flying

charlie stubbs

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 29, 2009, 09:49:25 PM
Bridge beat tones by two.
Valuable couple of points for us.

bridge 1-6 wolfe tones 0-7

bridge started the game qute well and raced into a free point lead.

we gradually got back into the game and started to dominate.  continue to be hard to watch and refuse to put early quialty ball in to the full forward line

The bridge full forward got a goal against the run of play before halftime

score at halftime 1-5 to 4points

within 2 mins of restart reduce to 14 men chris mcalinden sent off for 2 yellows deserved 2nd 1 but cant mind the first one though was in few mins late

bridge never real;ly threatened in the second half and was disappointed we couldnt get the scores.  deserved a point at least i thought

ciaran conlon went off with what looed like a bad hamstring injury

qub la la la

DIVISION: 1 PLD W D L PTS
Crossmaglen 6 6 0 0 12
Pearse Og    6 4 1 1 9
Dromintee    6 4 0 2 8
Cullaville        7 3 1 3 7
Killeavy         6 3 0 3 6
Carrickcruppin 7 2 1 4 5
Mullabawn     7 2 1 4 5
Sarsfields       7 2 1 4 5
St.Patricks     6 2 0 4 4 
Clan na Gael   6 1 1 4 3

ogshead

Quote from: Donagh on May 29, 2009, 10:41:54 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 29, 2009, 10:15:04 PM
Clans had one to spare over Pearse Og. Leading by 9 at one stage. Pearse Og battled well and Clans should never have let them back in but a wins a win.

Thought there was at least two or three in it at the end. Clans won easy enough against very poor opposition.

One point doesn't sound easy enough to me!! Very poor opposition- between injury and county players thought it was as well as could be expected. Would still have liked them to win but was always going to be difficult.

Under 16 team managed to beat the Harps in a championship replay, they done very well by all accounts.

corn02

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 30, 2009, 01:29:00 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 29, 2009, 08:45:50 PM
Sarsfields are absolutely taking Dromintee to pieces.

16in it in the end i hear :o

Yip, I think Sarsfields hit 4-16.

Probably the worse scoreline in my lifetime anyway, weird considering we had actually been playing decent in the league this year. Obviously we were missinglt eight or nine starters, but it was at home. Fair play Sarsfields.

Goats Do Shave

Think Madden & Ballyhegan drew.

Onion Bag

Quote from: bennydorano on May 30, 2009, 10:28:37 AM
Nab beat Harps by 4, not an undeserving win but Harps can have plenty of gripes.  Jim Slevin as ref, in the first half particularly, was nothing short of disgraceful, directly responsible for about 1-3 of the Nab's scores (A ridiculous pen and 3 or 4 soft frees). We need to get our missing players back asap or our season is going to slip away from us.

Have to say the Nab are hard to watch, must have had 13 men inside their 50 for the whole of the 2nd half, seems to be working for them ok but.

Jim slevin was bad alright, but to say that he was responsible for 1-3 of nabs scores is ridiculous, it was def a peno, our guy was pulled down in the box.
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

On the Clans game, i knew the Ogs had players so it was a good opportunity for us to get our first win. We started very well but let the Ogs back into it with 3 late points at the end of the first half, 2nd half we just didn't show and i suppose the Og's upped their game too. All in all we hung in for a 1pt win which was a relief to actually get a win, we will not be getting carried away by beating an under strength Ogs team but a wins a win and hopefully it will bring a bit of confidence for the coming weeks...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

Was at the game, ogs didnt play well but showed alot of character to come back, Clans played well though looked a very young team and hit alot of good scores

davo

also went to the ogs and clans game. Clans deserved their win but to be honest i didnt even recognise the ogs team. they had about 5 or 6 b players playing and a few minors. i take it the rumours were true about the amount of palyers they were missing. well done clans. this should spur them on and kick start their season. Looking forward to friday and the ogs cross game but i hope the ogs field a stronger team than they did against clans!

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 01, 2009, 08:30:56 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 30, 2009, 10:28:37 AM
Nab beat Harps by 4, not an undeserving win but Harps can have plenty of gripes.  Jim Slevin as ref, in the first half particularly, was nothing short of disgraceful, directly responsible for about 1-3 of the Nab's scores (A ridiculous pen and 3 or 4 soft frees). We need to get our missing players back asap or our season is going to slip away from us.

Have to say the Nab are hard to watch, must have had 13 men inside their 50 for the whole of the 2nd half, seems to be working for them ok but.

Jim slevin was bad alright, but to say that he was responsible for 1-3 of nabs scores is ridiculous, it was def a peno, our guy was pulled down in the box.
It was a hauling match at the time, the corner forward had our CB by the jersey, a laughable penalty, doubtful it was even inside the box as well.  Jim Slevin was determined to give us f**k all and if that sounds like sour grapes i dont care.

torres

barney henry referred the granemore v clann eirann game fri night and gave one of the most one sided referring performances i,ve ever seen .how did a north armagh man get to ref this game ? surely it should have been a south armagh ref .

winsamsoon

Torres if you flick back a few pages to my post of the refs . This is a common thing (i wasn't at that match) but refs will always favour the teams that they live closer too (for obvious reasons) Someone will probably post now with an exception but in the whole they do.. The same happens our club when we play south Armagh teams with a south Armagh ref. It is wrong and the sysytem needs changed to stop frustration boiling over between players and officials.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.