Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Sarsfields are absolutely taking Dromintee to pieces.

Real1995

Well corn u are not on ur own,Cross took Mullaghbawn to pieces....

4-21  1-09

Frannie Hanratty-outstanding....No one is goin 2 touch cross for 10 years lads at least....
Nice guys always finish second!

pintsofguinness

Bridge beat tones by two.
Valuable couple of points for us.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

According to orchardcounty nab beat harps by 6  :o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cruppen 2-10 St Pat's 0-14

Cruppen won it with a goal from the last kick of the game. Complete disaster. Off to another bad start and were 0-4 to 0-1 down with 10 minutes. Slowly made our way back into the game and finished the first half level at 0-4 a piece. Very very poor standard of football in the first half. Picked up a fair bit in the second half and we showed good character to come back from a Cruppen goal midway through the second half. Looked like Tony Donnelly had won it for us in injury time but Cruppen struck with a late late goal. Eugene Casey did the lion's share of our scoring from ball and Mal Mackin had a good enough match.

Hard to know what to say after that. Just one of those things I suppose. We're certainly in a relegation battle now it seems. Couple of strange decisions from the referee. The worst was in the first half when he gave a wide despite both umpires initially signalling a point to Cullyhanna. Have to say my impression was that it was over though I was a brave bit away. Really need to get a couple of wins now to lift our season.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Harold Disgracey

Tír na nÓg beat Newtown 2-14 to 1-7.

fitzroyalty

Clans had one to spare over Pearse Og. Leading by 9 at one stage. Pearse Og battled well and Clans should never have let them back in but a wins a win.

Donagh

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 29, 2009, 10:15:04 PM
Clans had one to spare over Pearse Og. Leading by 9 at one stage. Pearse Og battled well and Clans should never have let them back in but a wins a win.

Thought there was at least two or three in it at the end. Clans won easy enough against very poor opposition.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Donagh on May 29, 2009, 10:41:54 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 29, 2009, 10:15:04 PM

Thought there was at least two or three in it at the end. Clans won easy enough against very poor opposition.

There was a point in it at the end. 

Pearse Ogs had a terrible first half and were down 2-6 to 0-3 at one stage, but got 3 points in a row just before the half time whistle to leave 6 in it.

The Ogs had a much better second half getting to within a point of the clans but just couldn't get in front.

On the night the Clans were the better team against a makeshift Ogs line out which was missing about 9 or 10 of it's starting players.  JJ Clarke also had to come off inured after 10 or 15 minutes which didn't help matters.

JUst retired

Congrats to Clans, I did not think they could win this game ::)

cillsleibhe

Culloville 1.9 Killeavy 0.15

Much better performance all round from Killeavy after three straight defeats.  Gary Reel outstanding as makeshift midfielder due to injuries.

Smokin Joe

Tullysaran had a great performance and beat St Pauls 2-10 to 0-6.

I heard that St Peters destroyed Port Mor.

bennydorano

Nab beat Harps by 4, not an undeserving win but Harps can have plenty of gripes.  Jim Slevin as ref, in the first half particularly, was nothing short of disgraceful, directly responsible for about 1-3 of the Nab's scores (A ridiculous pen and 3 or 4 soft frees). We need to get our missing players back asap or our season is going to slip away from us.

Have to say the Nab are hard to watch, must have had 13 men inside their 50 for the whole of the 2nd half, seems to be working for them ok but.

crossfire

How did maghery do last night.?

Diet Coke

Bad loss alright Benny, but for every player out injured/suspended it's an opportunity for someone else to step up and make a claim for a starting place.
Keep the faith, it's easy for any of us (myself included) to be very critical of the team, but now more than ever we need to support them.
Division 2 was never going to be the "cake walk" a lot of people thought and the longer you spend there the tougher it will be to get out of it.
WhiteX and Maghery look to be the front runners for promotion, but Harps have to get back to winning ways and make Abbey Park a fortress.

Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.