Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteWere you there Pints?
What does that matter?

QuoteThis is not the first time someone has been accused of striking a ref for nothing more than a punch.
I'm aware of that. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
What does that matter?

QuoteThis is not the first time someone has been accused of striking a ref for nothing more than a punch.
I'm aware of that. 

I find it strange that you can say he is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill if you weren't there and that your player did nothing wrong.The referee obviously disagrees so you are simply making assumptions on one word against another.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 10:49:43 PM
What does that matter?

I'm aware of that. 

I find it strange that you can say he is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill if you weren't there and that your player did nothing wrong.The referee obviously disagrees so you are simply making assumptions on one word against another.
I never said the player did nothing wrong, in fact Ive said the opposite. 
The player is ultimately responsible because you cannot put your hands on the referee and if you do you leave yourself open to a long ban. That however will not stop me criticising the referee for making the most out of it, I know he's making the most out of it because everyone I've spoke to who was at the game said it a one push (at most) and they've no reason to lie. 
Two posters on this board have said similar but all you can come on and say is "where you there". That's just cheap, silly nonsense I thought you were a better poster than that.   

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 11:06:11 PM
What does that matter?

I'm aware of that. 

The player is ultimately responsible because you cannot put your hands on the referee and if you do you leave yourself open to a long ban. That however will not stop me criticising the referee for making the most out of it, I know he's making the most out of it because everyone I've spoke to who was at the game said it a one push (at most) and they've no reason to lie. 
Two posters on this board have said similar but all you can come on and say is "where you there". That's just cheap, silly nonsense I thought you were a better poster than that.   

Really?  :o

Well I wasn't trying to be cheap or silly, I just think in incidents like these it is hard to get the right picture ubless you are there.

For what it's worth, it sounds like the player is hard done by and I hope he gets off. I have seen it happen before (note: seen it POG  :P), I don't know if refs feel threatened or make genuine mistakes, it is hard to know.

I try not to criticise refs as they are doing a job that most, myself included, would be too lazy to do. I just hope the standards improve.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 11:16:23 PM
What does that matter?

I'm aware of that. 

Well I wasn't trying to be cheap or silly, I just think in incidents like these it is hard to get the right picture ubless you are there.

For what it's worth, it sounds like the player is hard done by and I hope he gets off. I have seen it happen before (note: seen it POG  :P), I don't know if refs feel threatened or make genuine mistakes, it is hard to know.

I try not to criticise refs as they are doing a job that most, myself included, would be too lazy to do. I just hope the standards improve.
well as decent a poster a liverpool/dromintee man can be. 

It's not that I hope he gets off (though admittedly I wont be complaining if he does) but I'd accept the ref putting in the report exactly what happened and if he has to serve a supension for placing hands on the ref then we can't really complain (he shouldnt have touched him) but it should not be blew up in to something it wasnt. 

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 11:24:23 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 11:16:23 PM
What does that matter?

I'm aware of that. 

well as decent a poster a liverpool/dromintee man can be. 

It's not that I hope he gets off (though admittedly I wont be complaining if he does) but I'd accept the ref putting in the report exactly what happened and if he has to serve a supension for placing hands on the ref then we can't really complain (he shouldnt have touched him) but it should not be blew up in to something it wasnt. 

You wouldn't be a dear and pm me the names please?

Goats Do Shave

Why would anyone be a ref?

If there were no referees... there would be no games!

Onion Bag

Quote from: armaghtrue on May 27, 2009, 08:27:45 PM
agree wit u winsamsoon but at the end of the day most refs in this county deserve criticism but no ref should be touched no matter what...

if the nab hada been threw out for a few years when they were up for a lot worse a while back we wouldn't be in this situation again.  but because of that people think they can get away with it

Not Jusitfying what happened that day but the differerance here was that there were no players involved at all, it was a lunatic club member that was involved, so it is slighlty different than a player hitting a referee
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Off The Fence

Correct me if I'm wrong but has this Smith boy not been involved in incidents before

Maghery v Carrickcruppen  a couple of years ago,  Was he not involved in a row in Tir an Og a while back either when he wasnt even refereeing.

From what I hear from talking to other people, he thinks he is the hard man and full of smart remarks

Goats Do Shave

He was a bit of a thug when he played right enough.

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 28, 2009, 09:19:40 AM

He's a bouncer in the Railway Bar in Lurgan at the weekends and he def fancies himself as a hard man, i've heard him myself threaten players whilst doing lines man in Portadown one night so i'm surprised he didn't wanna kill this guy who tapped him on the belly FFS. If he's such a tough man that can beat half of mid ulster why would a tap on the belly matter to him, he's made out to be that hard Chuck Norris is scared of him FFS :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Quote from: clanneire on May 27, 2009, 10:40:31 PM
to put light on this,all referees are asessed in the first 4 weeks of the season.2nd point,the committee have to appoint referees for the match and due to the lack of referees that clubs provide they have to make do wot they have.if u want changes on the standard of referees then tell ure club to provide refs,not slate them,alas two teams on the pitch and the ref decides that on a fri nite or sun a/noon that he would prefer to spend quality time with family or have a pint ,or listen to abusot i would know wot i would prefer,moral of story,learn the rules b4 u kick a ball

Eire this is the point that yo have failed to read in my post. We have a lot of refs that don't know the rules. We also have a lot of refs that interpret the same rule in different ways, check back to the incidents i cited. I realise they give up theri spare time and i acknowledge that they are an integral part of our sport. However they are not above the laws of our game and should certainly not be adding to the controversy as much as they do.

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Legs11

Quote from: illdecide on May 28, 2009, 09:29:24 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 28, 2009, 09:19:40 AM

He's a bouncer in the Railway Bar in Lurgan at the weekends and he def fancies himself as a hard man, i've heard him myself threaten players whilst doing lines man in Portadown one night so i'm surprised he didn't wanna kill this guy who tapped him on the belly FFS. If he's such a tough man that can beat half of mid ulster why would a tap on the belly matter to him, he's made out to be that hard Chuck Norris is scared of him FFS :D :D:D
I seen wat happen on sunday and the lad in question only tap him on his belly.pints is rite he`s takin the piss for reportin him for strikin..but still should not have touch the ref at the end of the day.....

corn02

Armagh website looking very well.

The eminem and dr dre videos in the video site is probably a mistake  :D

Otherwise looks very tidy - well done county board.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: corn02 on May 29, 2009, 04:00:12 PM
Armagh website looking very well.

The eminem and dr dre videos in the video site is probably a mistake  :D

Otherwise looks very tidy - well done county board.

very pleased with the website! looks great!

hope it updated weekly now!
Ard Mhacha Abu