Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: davo on May 26, 2009, 04:50:57 PM
Heard from a reliable source that the ogs will be missing 10 first team players for friday nights match (4 county men and 6 injured) can anyone confirm this?

I would love to confirm this but some how i doubt it. It will be a massive game for us no matter how many men the Og's have out, 2pts for us will do :-X
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on May 27, 2009, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: davo on May 26, 2009, 04:50:57 PM
Heard from a reliable source that the ogs will be missing 10 first team players for friday nights match (4 county men and 6 injured) can anyone confirm this?

I would love to confirm this but some how i doubt it. It will be a massive game for us no matter how many men the Og's have out, 2pts for us will do :-X
Massive game though clans shouldn't be fearing anyone at davitt, regardless of how many county men there are.

IVEDECIDED

CLEARLY YOU HAVENT SEEN THEM PLAY THIS YEAR THEN!!

armaghtrue

this referee thing is now happening too often in armagh now, hands should not be lifted to a referee in any way..   
unfortunately we only have our county board to blame this would have been all stamped out a few years ago if they'd have stood their ground in the 'nab case, they should have had the book threw at them and i think we wouldn't have these cases now.

winsamsoon

Whilst i agree that a ref should never be assaulted or touched in anyway The only way to fix this problem is to completely overhaul the refering sysytem and the clowns that are let in to do the job. The county board should be working with a dedicated bunch of men to ensure that the rules are properly implemented right across the board. These incident s are arising because players are frustrated with the incomplacency shown by referees. A ref by all means should use his common sense whilst refereeing, treating each scenarion with a cool head. A ref should not be infringing on the rules whilst he is doing this for example not sending someone off for striking simply because the other player didn't go down and needed to be attended to by a physio. We have all witnessed the example i have cited and the next minute the ref will send a player off for the exact same thing. A ref must also not go into a game with pre conditions or a hatred towards a club. At the end of each match the club secretary of both teams should be ask to fill out a report of the referee. These reports should be kept and reviewed pin pointing the particular performances of certain refs. There is too much innacuracy and coherance this only leads to arguments. When this is combined with poor self discipline then the potential is always there for these types of incidents. It is a fact now that players are taking to the field of play not knowing the rules of the game, or should i say the refs interpretation of the rule. Two fine examples would be picking the ball of the ground, certain refs will let you lift it when rolling towards you and others will blow you up for it. Another good example would be the hop ball, i have played in some games where the ball has been hopped about 10 times, all because the ref wouldn't make a decision. There are other rules like the square ball, i have seen some refs blow for squareballs when the ball has just left the midfielders boot. The GAA should be very forceful with county boards ensuring that they fully implement the rules and make the refs within their counties do the same.

Truth be told ref are in the main unaccountable to clubs or anyone for that matter. The attitude has developed that they are giving up spare time so we should let them do what they want or they will strike. This is bullshit, they should be accountable for every decision made ensuring that they can't cheat and highly influence big games. I am in no way justifying the actions of certain folks in the past but i can understand when you have certain clowns taking the pitch with preconditions of players, supporter etc how things could get out of order. A complete overaul of the system is required lads.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

the scenic route

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 26, 2009, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on May 26, 2009, 09:51:04 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 26, 2009, 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on May 26, 2009, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 26, 2009, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 26, 2009, 06:54:34 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 26, 2009, 04:55:10 PM
Another Ref snouted at the weekend? Silverbridge game?
News to me, what was suppose to have happened?
It was a push. 

wouldnt even call it a push.
So I hear, (spoke to quite a few about the game sunday and yesterday and no one even thought it worth mentioning!) unfortunate thing though is hands were placed on the ref and you just cant do that  :-\

How long do the think the player will get.I hear the ref`s reportin the player for strikin player and ref?tats 2 red cards in 2games not great with the small pick they have at the min..
If he's reported for striking the ref (which is a joke!) that could be anything up to 2 years I suppose?
though I've heard it'll probably be 3 - 6months?   :-\

Nightmare. 

its a complete joke he sort of tapped the ref on the the stomach as he produced the ref and he went to walk off to put it in as striking is ridiculous.
He rang the referee sunday evening to try and sort out any misunderstanding and apologised for what might have been percieved as striking the ref said no problem apology accepted then informed him he was still putting him in for the two accounts of striking.
He told the ref to go and F*ck himself and rightly so. Ref had a serious ego problem and attitude throughout the game in my opinion.

one of our lads told a player to stop crying at the ref cos he wasnt going to change his mind, ref pulled him aside told him it wasnt his place to say what he was and wasnt going to do when you consider our man was trying to discipline his own player to not criticise the ref bit of a joke.
another point was man i was on said to me at the throw in "at least we have a decent ref today one last week was a joke" it all became clear as the game transpired why he was glad to see this man in charge.. 
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

fitzroyalty

Refereeing in the county definitely needs overhauled, i hate this notion as winsam pointed out that refs are immune to criticism because they sacrifice their time etc, we all know that depending on what club you play for will be a factor in a referee's performance and in some cases the result. Some refs have chips on their shoulders, others are biased towards teams from certain areas and some are just clean bad (unfit, stubborn or unaware of the rules). Most of them do the game fairly and for that should be commended, its just the minority of w*nkers who let their own egos and agendas get in the way of fair play. I like the idea of refs being monitored by the clubs, a good way of getting feedback from the clubs so that refs that appear to be underperforming can be identified. Also think it'd be a good idea to make it compulsary for refs to meet each team briefly before a match, so they can set out their stall and let the players know exactly what will and will not be tolerated. Different refs have different perceptions and attitudes to things like slabbering etc, some might be more laid back than others. That way both teams have no excuse for any "shock" decisions.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 25, 2009, 12:03:35 PM
ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 24 MAY 2009

Thursday 21 May
ACL – Div. III
Tullysaran 1-9; An Port Mor 0-12

Friday 22 May
ACL – Div. II
Ballymacnab 2-12; St Michael's 1-8
Harps 0-12; Whitecross 3-11
Wolfe Tone 0-8; Madden 0-9
ACL – Div. III
Collegeland 2-7; Lissummon 2-10
ACL – Div. IV
Mullaghbrack 1-7; Eire Og 0-9
Derrynoose 2-7; Clady 2-7

Sunday 24 May
ACL – Div. I
Pearse Og 2-10; Carrickcruppen 0-11
Mullaghbawn 1-10; Clan na Gael 0-9
Dromintee 2-6; Culloville 0-10
Sarsfields 0-9; St Patrick's 1-10
Killeavy 0-8; Crossmaglen 3-13
ACL – Div. II
Maghery 1-14; Silverbridge 1-7
Clann Eireann 0-12; Ballymacnab 1-16
Ballyhegan 1-9; Granemore 2-11
Tir na nÓg 0-11; Madden 0-8
Wolfe Tone v St Michael's (Off)
ACL – Div. III
Middletown 1-9; St Paul's 1-11
Keady 2-16; Shane O'Neill's 0-14
Clonmore 1-7; Belleek 0-22
Annaghmore 2-7; Collegeland 0-5
St Peter's 0-7; Lissummon 0-4
ACL – Div. IV
Forkhill 5-14; Killean 2-4
Dorsey Emmett's 1-9; O'Hanlon's 0-7
Corrinshego 2-6; Crossmaglen II 1-10
Phelim Brady's 0-3; Grange 1-11

game was played in madden

wolfe tones and newtown drew last night.  we played badly had a few injuries.  continue not to release ball in early to forward line.  got a lucky free at the end!

st peters did not field against us in "b" championship 2night

crossfire

Good post Winsamsoon. I totally agree.

pintsofguinness

Good post winsam, like that idea about clubs providing feedback. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghtrue

agree wit u winsamsoon but at the end of the day most refs in this county deserve criticism but no ref should be touched no matter what...

if the nab hada been threw out for a few years when they were up for a lot worse a while back we wouldn't be in this situation again.  but because of that people think they can get away with it

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghtrue on May 27, 2009, 08:27:45 PM
agree wit u winsamsoon but at the end of the day most refs in this county deserve criticism but no ref should be touched no matter what...

if the nab hada been threw out for a few years when they were up for a lot worse a while back we wouldn't be in this situation again.  but because of that people think they can get away with it
What situation are we in? An incident with Granemore a couple of weeks ago which sounded quite bad, granted.

This involving our player isnt worth talking about, a ref trying to make a mountain out of mole hill.   ::)

The way you say it makes it sound like there's a ref being attacked every week.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 27, 2009, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: armaghtrue on May 27, 2009, 08:27:45 PM

What situation are we in? An incident with Granemore a couple of weeks ago which sounded quite bad, granted.

This involving our player isnt worth talking about, a ref trying to make a mountain out of mole hill.   ::)

The way you say it makes it sound like there's a ref being attacked every week.

Were you there Pints?

This is not the first time someone has been accused of striking a ref for nothing more than a punch.

Win , very good post, but a tad unrealistic.

You can;t just go find 10 new refereees, noone will od it. I don't want to ref, I doubt many on here would, sadly they are stuck with this bunch.

It's not fair to label all refs the same but within our county there always seems to be a lot of controversy.

Referees have to be monitored, but clubs are likely to be biased too. I would like a proper referees' committe developed amonst county delegates, they can then travel to certain matches and evaluate.

clanneire

to put light on this,all referees are asessed in the first 4 weeks of the season.2nd point,the committee have to appoint referees for the match and due to the lack of referees that clubs provide they have to make do wot they have.if u want changes on the standard of referees then tell ure club to provide refs,not slate them,alas two teams on the pitch and the ref decides that on a fri nite or sun a/noon that he would prefer to spend quality time with family or have a pint ,or listen to abusot i would know wot i would prefer,moral of story,learn the rules b4 u kick a ball