Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Ogs used their get out jail card tonight. Three or four down entering the last ten but won by 1-13 to 2-9

crossfire

Under 21 Cross beat Keady by 8 or 9. Both teams scored 1-4 in second half but Cross dominated the first with the wind.

crossfire

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ogshead on May 13, 2009, 09:19:06 PM
Ogs used their get out jail card tonight. Three or four down entering the last ten but won by 1-13 to 2-9

It was definitely a close one.  The Ogs were down by 5 points at half time and it could have been a lot more if Sarsfields had taken their goal chances.

A great goal in the last few minutes by Gregory Loughran brought the game level and a converted free awarded at the end sealed the win.

An ugly win, but still a win  :)

clanneire

tir na nog beat middletown by 3 pts

ogshead

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 13, 2009, 09:49:21 PM
Quote from: ogshead on May 13, 2009, 09:19:06 PM

It was definitely a close one.  The Ogs were down by 5 points at half time and it could have been a lot more if Sarsfields had taken their goal chances.

A great goal in the last few minutes by Gregory Loughran brought the game level and a converted free awarded at the end sealed the win.

An ugly win, but still a win  :)

Was impressed with Sarsfields tonight. They are a good side and were unlucky not come away with a point. They didn't drop the heads tonight when Loughy got the goal and came back up to score an equaliser. Would like to see them do well this year.... they had a great side years ago and it would be good to have them back challenging again. We def need North Armagh clubs to be going well and getting players through for the sake of the county team. As you said there, an ugly win but a wins a win!!

pats-mc

Pats beat Killeavey by 3. Good performance spoiled by conceding two late goals. Good performance from the forwards in the first half scoring one nine. Tired towards the end particularly at midfield and when Eoin Mc Ardle went off. Still its good to go through.

davo

went to see the ogs and sarsfields match myself.

In the opening 10 minutes it looked like the Ogs were going to run away with the game i think going in to a 4, 1 lead. For the next 20 minutes Sarsfields completely took over and went 5 up at half time with the wind.They had another 2 good goal oportunities but some good last ditch defending from the Ogs prevented this.

The second half was a completely different story with the Ogs dominating. However they hit 5 wides in a row at the start of the second half and it looked like it wasnt going to be their night when sarsfields went up to score leaving 6 in it. To be fair to the ogs they never stopped pushing bringing the score to 3 points even though they were still kicking numerous wides.

Chris Rafferty then burst through on goal but blasted over the bar leaving 2 in it. A good move then culminated in gregory loughran scoring a wonderful goal putting the ogs ahead by one with 5 minutes to go.

Sarsfields the went down the pitch and got the equaliser. A draw would have been a fair enough result but the ogs kept their composure and ronan clarke earned a free 40 metres out and dult put it over himself to win the game.

This was an exciting game if not spectacular. the sarsfield can take great heart from their performance but they also must learn some valuable lessons. The ogs dug deep and got the win showing great character and keeping their unbeaten record in tact.

Im now looking forward to watching the Harps and Maghery on friday. Anyone any team news on this? will both teams have a relatively full panel out?

Candyman

Harps have about 5 out at the minute including Peadar Toal, Nippy Swift, Gareth Richards and possibly Joe Quigley who is rushing to be fit but doubtul. Time for the rest to step upto the plate... :-\

davo

Unfortunate that the harps will be missing some of their quality players. I still think that this match will be tight. a win for either team will be a great confident booster. i still think however that no matter who wins this game these 2 teams will go up. if the harps lose it will put a bit of added pressure on them though as they have already drew one.

Should be a good game though. looking forward to it.

winsamsoon

Dromintee tonight lads what is the weather like around the Dromintee area?? It is bad around lurgan it has rained for two days again.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 15, 2009, 09:41:50 AM
Dromintee tonight lads what is the weather like around the Dromintee area?? It is bad around lurgan it has rained for two days again.

Bad, bad, bad.

Our pitch holds up well though, so should be dead on.

winsamsoon

long studs then corn good lad ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Ping Pong Santa

Whats the story about Sunday, definitely no games on?

corn02

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 15, 2009, 10:57:56 AM
Whats the story about Sunday, definitely no games on?

No, 14-day rule. Rescheduled for August.