Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Quote from: mousey on May 09, 2009, 09:16:10 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 09:25:38 PM
Carrickcruppen 1-05 Dromintee 0-09

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

However bad we were, a win is a win and its 2 more points in the bag.
dromintee are shite they beat cruppen by 2 and look what cross done to them...

Yeah beat them too  ::)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Legs11 on May 09, 2009, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 09, 2009, 12:56:16 AM
Silverbridge 1.12 -Ballyhegan 3.09
Tale of 2 halves. Davitt's up by 12 early in the second half, but fair dues to the Bridge, they. battled back, changed a few men and went more direct.  Best for Davitt's were Mel Courtney, Paddy Marley, Paddy McKeever and Shane McCormack. Best for Silverbridge was the corner forward and ginger midfielder. Important 2 points away from home! Bridge might struggle...
Bridge was always goin the struggle this year goats. as i said before on these pages there missin 10 of the startin 15 from last year and they just dont have the players to make up for them lads..davitts had 3 goals inside the 1st 10 mins tats wat beat them.ur big full forward back playin well..
That is Paddy's younger brother Mickey. He'd a great game indeed. He's been playing B football this last few years. It's a pity injuries robbed him of his potential, after starring for Armagh and Ireland at under age!

celtic

if dromintee are shite where does that leave cruppen? think dromintee were missing 5 starters against cruppen with a few other fringe players either injured or absent from the match. In conditions like it was on friday night any thing could of have happened. the weather def favoured the weaker teams!!!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: fcuksake on May 09, 2009, 08:10:42 PM
Just heard the Harps Drew with W.Tones and the tones missed a penalty in the last few mins.

not a great result for the Harps

harps 6 up with bout 15 mins left.we showed great fight to get a point out of game think where 4 down when missed penalty hit post and although on top at this stage thought would have got nothing.gerard kavanagh came on and got a goal.harps where on the attack and the ref blew it up was quite fortunate.def had this game down as gamewe would have lost still thinking now was it a point gained or 1 dropped!chris mccarron had agreat game in half back still a minor.  proves the depth of talent harps have when they are able leave co minors(decky mckenna) in the stand not even stripped out

fitzroyalty

county minors aren't allowed to play charlie

Candyman

dodgey penalty to begin with and the ref bolwing it up was a joke!! Although we only have ourselves to blame for letting you's back into it, we never scored in the last 15mins or more.... >:(

Candyman

any other results lads, especially DivII?

Carbery

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 10 MAY 2009

Monday 4 May
ACL – Div. II
Clann Eireann 0-8; Harps 1-6

Tuesday 5 May
ACL – Div. IV
Dorsey Emmett's beat Clady

Wednesday 6 May
Under-21 Football Championship – 2nd Round
Sarsfields 3-14; Harps 3-5
Carrickcruppen 1-12; Maghery 1-11 (aet)
Killeavy 5-14; Eire Og 0-6
Ballymacnab 2-4; Keady 3-8
Tir na nÓg v Middletown (Off)
St Patrick's 0-13; Silverbridge 0-8
St John's 1-7; Crossmaglen 2-10
ACL – Div. IV
Grange 2-8; O'Hanlon's 1-5

Thursday 7 May
ACL – Div. I
Clan na Gael 1-6; Culloville 2-10
ACL – Div. III
Shane O'Neill's 0-4; St Peter's 1-4

Friday 8 May
ACL – Div. I
Carrickcruppen 1-5; Dromintee 0-9
Sarsfields 1-9; Crossmaglen 1-14
St Patrick's 0-9; Killeavey 0-3
Pearse Og 2-21; Mullaghbawn 0-4
ACL – Div. II
Maghery 1-14; Clann Eireann 2-8
Silverbridge 1-12; Ballyhegan 3-9
Whitecross v Tir na nÓg (Off)
Ballymacnab v St Michael's (Off)
Granemore 0-14; Madden 0-6
ACL – Div. III
Keady v Tullysaran (Off)
Middletown v Clonmore (Off)
St Paul's 2-6; Annaghmore 0-9
Belleek v An Port Mor (Off)
Collegeland v Lissummon (Off)
ACL – Div. IV
Dorsey Emmett's v Phelim Brady's (Off)
Forkhill 0-12; Corrinshego 0-7
Killean v Clady (Off)
Mullaghbrack 2-4; O'Hanlon's 1-12
Crossmaglen II 1-6 Grange 0-6
Derrynoose 0-4; Eire Og 1-5

Saturday 9 May
ACL – Div. II
Harps drew with Wolfe Tone

ogshead

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 10, 2009, 02:44:10 PM
Quote from: fcuksake on May 09, 2009, 08:10:42 PM
Just heard the Harps Drew with W.Tones and the tones missed a penalty in the last few mins.

not a great result for the Harps

harps 6 up with bout 15 mins left.we showed great fight to get a point out of game think where 4 down when missed penalty hit post and although on top at this stage thought would have got nothing.gerard kavanagh came on and got a goal.harps where on the attack and the ref blew it up was quite fortunate.def had this game down as gamewe would have lost still thinking now was it a point gained or 1 dropped!chris mccarron had agreat game in half back still a minor.  proves the depth of talent harps have when they are able leave co minors(decky mckenna) in the stand not even stripped out

:o I didn't realise Wolfe Tones played in the mid Armagh minor league

corn02

Quote from: mousey on May 09, 2009, 09:20:54 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 09, 2009, 12:58:09 AM
Quote from: rattle-the-net on May 08, 2009, 10:35:39 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 09:25:38 PM
Carrickcruppen 1-05 Dromintee 0-09

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

However bad we were, a win is a win and its 2 more points in the bag.

Cruppin should have had that game dead and buired at half time!! they hit i think 8-10 wides in the first half, ref give dromintee some easy frees at cruital points in the second half!

And to be honest i wudnt say that is was because dromintee were bad, cruppin outplayed dromintee in most areas of the field, had about 70% posession in the first with it being 50/50 in the second half! they just just through it away, another game cruppin should have won!!!

I have spoken to seven people now, some of who would love nothing better than to get their boot into the Dromintee senior team, all of whom said Dromintee totally dominated proceedings and only for some absolutely shitting play by themselves they would have won it at a canter.
by any chance had these people dark glasses and white sticks???

No, but I would value their opinion a lot higher than yours.

Also, saying we controlled the game and only won by two is a criticsm not praise, so I don't see why these lads would lie.

illdecide

Corn i believe you guys are home to the Clans on Friday night...hope the usual "good grub" is on offer again ;). You can get me a pint after the match too :P...Better still Winsam can buy us both a pint ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

davo

Took in the Ogs match at the weekend. i cant decide whether the ogs were that good or mullabawn were that bad! the ogs played at a devastating pace for the whole game and looked far sharper than they did a few weeks ago in their opening game. To be honest they could have won by even more only they kicked a lot of wides as well.

They totally dominated every position on the field. Ronan Clarke, jj clarke and jp donnelly werent playing either.

I think mullabawn are going to struggle but they may pick up points against teams with county men when they are not able to play.

corn02

Quote from: illdecide on May 11, 2009, 11:38:18 AM
Corn i believe you guys are home to the Clans on Friday night...hope the usual "good grub" is on offer again ;). You can get me a pint after the match too :P...Better still Winsam can buy us both a pint ;D

May not be present but I would say the good grub will still be there.

We don;t have bucky on tap, but i'll get you a pint of something if i'm there and a coke and a pacxket of bikers for Win.  :P

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: illdecide on May 11, 2009, 11:38:18 AM

Why is the game on Friday as opposed to Sunday anyway?