Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 09:40:31 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 08, 2009, 09:38:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 2-21

Mullabawn 0-4

Jesus!

Thought bawn may struggle this year but that a ridiculous score!think it be between them cruppen and clans for the drop on the opening few weeks anyway

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: rattle-the-net on May 08, 2009, 10:35:39 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 09:25:38 PM
Carrickcruppen 1-05 Dromintee 0-09

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

However bad we were, a win is a win and its 2 more points in the bag.

Cruppin should have had that game dead and buired at half time!! they hit i think 8-10 wides in the first half, ref give dromintee some easy frees at cruital points in the second half!

And to be honest i wudnt say that is was because dromintee were bad, cruppin outplayed dromintee in most areas of the field, had about 70% posession in the first with it being 50/50 in the second half! they just just through it away, another game cruppin should have won!!!

Cruppen could not tackle at all, serious problem with fouling all over the field. Are you aware that the ref in question would have done anything he could to have had Dromintee beat?

If Cruppen outplayed Dromintee (they didn't as the scoreline suggests - came close though) it is because Dromintee were bad.

pats-mc

Cullyhanna 10 Killeavey 4

Good win for the pats despite having midfielder sent off for 2 yellow cards. No stevie for Killeavey though. Good battling performance with an awesome display from Eugene Casey in almost unplayable conditions.

Backs and midfield worked really hard and good to see a better appetite from our lads. Great displays from Stephen Reel Eoin Mc Ardle, Brookie and Paidi Mc Creesh in defence. Tony Donnelly worked hard with Ciaran o hare and Mal round midfield with all the forwards woking hard under pressure.

Terry Toner made his debut in goal and done well.

Match should never have been played due to waterlogged pitch. Still its a great two points for us and badly needed as well.

cillsleibhe

Quote from: pats-mc on May 08, 2009, 11:33:01 PM
Cullyhanna 10 Killeavey 4

Good win for the pats despite having midfielder sent off for 2 yellow cards. No stevie for Killeavey though. Good battling performance with an awesome display from Eugene Casey in almost unplayable conditions.

Backs and midfield worked really hard and good to see a better appetite from our lads. Great displays from Stephen Reel Eoin Mc Ardle, Brookie and Paidi Mc Creesh in defence. Tony Donnelly worked hard with Ciaran o hare and Mal round midfield with all the forwards woking hard under pressure.

Terry Toner made his debut in goal and done well.

Match should never have been played due to waterlogged pitch. Still its a great two points for us and badly needed as well.

I think the match actually finished St. Pat's 0.09 - Killeavy 0.03

The match should never have been played as conditions underfoot were terrible and the players were splashing through puddles all over the field.  Don't want to take anything away from St. Pat's who were far more up for the game than a strangely lethargic Killeavy.  We had only one shot on goal in the second half and were guilty of overplaying the ball all over the field.  St. Pat's were far more direct and thoroughly deserved their win.

You should also have mentioned that Killeavy's midfielder was also sent off for two yellow cards as well.

pearseog

paul duffy was brilliant tonight. along with shorty and sean moore.
anto duffy and mark cullen got the goals, antos being the end product of a brilliant ogs move. mullabawn will struggle this year based on what i seen tonight.

Goats Do Shave

Silverbridge 1.12 -Ballyhegan 3.09
Tale of 2 halves. Davitt's up by 12 early in the second half, but fair dues to the Bridge, they. battled back, changed a few men and went more direct.  Best for Davitt's were Mel Courtney, Paddy Marley, Paddy McKeever and Shane McCormack. Best for Silverbridge was the corner forward and ginger midfielder. Important 2 points away from home! Bridge might struggle...

corn02

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

Cruppin should have had that game dead and buired at half time!! they hit i think 8-10 wides in the first half, ref give dromintee some easy frees at cruital points in the second half!

And to be honest i wudnt say that is was because dromintee were bad, cruppin outplayed dromintee in most areas of the field, had about 70% posession in the first with it being 50/50 in the second half! they just just through it away, another game cruppin should have won!!!

I have spoken to seven people now, some of who would love nothing better than to get their boot into the Dromintee senior team, all of whom said Dromintee totally dominated proceedings and only for some absolutely shitting play by themselves they would have won it at a canter.

Onion Bag

Ballymacnab V Newtown game called off
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

celtic

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 10:44:02 PM

Cruppen could not tackle at all, serious problem with fouling all over the field. Are you aware that the ref in question would have done anything he could to have had Dromintee beat?

If Cruppen outplayed Dromintee (they didn't as the scoreline suggests - came close though) it is because Dromintee were bad.

i dont no what match u were watching rattle the net because the game i seen domintee were the better team but just cudn score as per usual. cruppen have no scoring power up front bar peter loughran who had a good game as for the rest of the forward they are nothing mre than average b players..
the poor underfoot conditions def favoured cruppen as every ball was hard fought and stopped dromintee from exposing this cruppen team.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: celtic on May 09, 2009, 10:58:15 AMthe poor underfoot conditions def favoured cruppen as every ball was hard fought and stopped dromintee from exposing this cruppen team.

What was going on with the bounce of the ball last night? The pitch didn't look overly waterlogged but when the ball hit the ground it just stopped dead each time, abolsutely no bounce. Was it maybe the length of the grass? Again, didn't seem too long to me.

ogshead

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 10:44:02 PM
Are you aware that the ref in question would have done anything he could to have had Dromintee beat?

Drogba was quoted as saying it was a f***ing disgrace

Legs11

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 09, 2009, 12:56:16 AM
Silverbridge 1.12 -Ballyhegan 3.09
Tale of 2 halves. Davitt's up by 12 early in the second half, but fair dues to the Bridge, they. battled back, changed a few men and went more direct.  Best for Davitt's were Mel Courtney, Paddy Marley, Paddy McKeever and Shane McCormack. Best for Silverbridge was the corner forward and ginger midfielder. Important 2 points away from home! Bridge might struggle...
Bridge was always goin the struggle this year goats. as i said before on these pages there missin 10 of the startin 15 from last year and they just dont have the players to make up for them lads..davitts had 3 goals inside the 1st 10 mins tats wat beat them.ur big full forward back playin well..

fcuksake

Just heard the Harps Drew with W.Tones and the tones missed a penalty in the last few mins.

not a great result for the Harps
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

mousey

dromintee are shite they beat cruppen by 2 and look what cross done to them...

mousey

Quote from: corn02 on May 09, 2009, 12:58:09 AM

I have spoken to seven people now, some of who would love nothing better than to get their boot into the Dromintee senior team, all of whom said Dromintee totally dominated proceedings and only for some absolutely shitting play by themselves they would have won it at a canter.
by any chance had these people dark glasses and white sticks???