Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 12:42:13 PM
Quote from: judas1 on May 07, 2009, 08:58:42 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 06, 2009, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 06, 2009, 10:33:03 PM
Hope not. REad some of the stuff and it is worrying indeed  :-\
Sincerely hope it's not true, would be a terrible tragedy.
That said Charlie's health is obviously far more important than football. 

ABSOLUTE 100% RUBBISH, FINISH THIS RUMOUR NOW, WHOEVER POSTED THIS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.

Relax the cacks!

Exactly!! Obviously no one wants the lad's career to be finished. The initial rumour was started by someone saying what they heard and wasn't intended as an insult. How many people here have left a comment about a rumour they have heard. They obviously heard it from someone who thinks that they're in the know, ashamed of themselves? Well, I would lose any sleep over it!! If it's true or not, I wish Charlie a speedy recovery and hope to see him back in the Armagh colours soon (maybe not the Harps colours so much :P). The person taking it thick should maybe chill out abit, there's worse things been said on this forum before

illdecide

Clans beat by about 6pts tonight at home to Culloville. The score doesn't do it justice as the Clans were well in it with about 8 mins to go when Culloville scored a goal from a mistake in the middle from the Clans. Culloville played with the wind in the first half and scored a point with their 1st attack but 5 minutes later Clans forward tried to score a point against the wind and it dropped short to another forward who scored a goal to put the Clans 3-1 up. Culloville then rattled of a few scores and took control of the game, the Clans rallied in the last few minutes of the half with 2pts to go in 01-02 to 0-08 behind.

The second half started well for the Clans who opened the scoring which reduced it to 2pts, minutes later we got a free on the 13m line and hit the post with it and it was cleared. We continued to hit another 3-4 wides in a row and you just knew what was gonna happen for not taking your scores Culloville went up the field against the run of play and scored a goal, as soon as the goal went in Clans heads dropped and as they say the rest is history :(.

Fair play to Culloville they never gave up even when we were on top at the start of the 2nd half and deserved the 2pts but it was a closer game than the scoreline suggests.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

QuoteClans beat by about 6pts tonight at home to Culloville.

Culloville are always on the list of teams that are supposed to be relegated, and they haven't the biggest pick in Div 1. But having held their own in the early part of the season when other teams have county players they should do OK later on in the season.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

I don't know lads i thought they were poor enough last night that culloville side but that doesn't say a lot for us. I have to say though the condition under foot were in no way good for either of the teams. The difference between the two teams was probably the scoring threat that Culloville carried with the two Hatzer lads up front. If them lads get a sniff at all they know where the net is. The clans on the other hand would find it difficult at the minute scoring in a brothel. The game was what you would have expected from a thursday night game. Both teams found it hard to get up for the game (oh and i think there were 9 points in it at the end saan ;) ) and i think it gonna be a long long year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to mention the ref aswell lads who was a yosemite sam lookalike all was missing was the hooting tooting varment speech and the wee cowboy boots.He gave culloville a lot of soft free kicks in the first half resulting in three or four scores. He also let number 7 for culloville blatantly laying the boot into a clans man without even booking him (infact he booked two of our players for complaining about it) but the best part came when he witnessed Marty Lavery getting pushed over the line almost into the fence he gave a sideline ball to culloville ( when questioned on the decision his explaination was he jumped ;D ;D ;D best answer i have ever heard) But when further pushed on the incident he said sure i know him aswell as you know him by now (what this had got to do with that match or that tackle baffles me) What it does tell me is that certain referees come into games with the intention to give certain players fook all. But it must be stressed the game wasn't great and Culloville deserved the victory.

well done ref
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 08, 2009, 10:01:14 AM
The clans on the other hand would find it difficult at the minute scoring in a brothel.

I know of 1 boy from the Clans that could help them out there ;)

illdecide

Quote from: full back on May 08, 2009, 10:24:02 AM
The clans on the other hand would find it difficult at the minute scoring in a brothel.

I wonder who that could be ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on May 08, 2009, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: full back on May 08, 2009, 10:24:02 AM

I wonder who that could be ???

There'd be a brave few candidates that I know of :P

fitzroyalty

I don't know lads i thought they were poor enough last night that culloville side but that doesn't say a lot for us. I have to say though the condition under foot were in no way good for either of the teams. The difference between the two teams was probably the scoring threat that Culloville carried with the two Hatzer lads up front. If them lads get a sniff at all they know where the net is. The clans on the other hand would find it difficult at the minute scoring in a brothel. The game was what you would have expected from a thursday night game. Both teams found it hard to get up for the game (oh and i think there were 9 points in it at the end saan ;) ) and i think it gonna be a long long year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to mention the ref aswell lads who was a yosemite sam lookalike all was missing was the hooting tooting varment speech and the wee cowboy boots.He gave culloville a lot of soft free kicks in the first half resulting in three or four scores. He also let number 7 for culloville blatantly laying the boot into a clans man without even booking him (infact he booked two of our players for complaining about it) but the best part came when he witnessed Marty Lavery getting pushed over the line almost into the fence he gave a sideline ball to culloville ( when questioned on the decision his explaination was he jumped ;D ;D ;D best answer i have ever heard) But when further pushed on the incident he said sure i know him aswell as you know him by now (what this had got to do with that match or that tackle baffles me) What it does tell me is that certain referees come into games with the intention to give certain players fook all. But it must be stressed the game wasn't great and Culloville deserved the victory.

well done ref
Clans don't have much of a scoring threat, defensively I would say they are sound enough but struggle at the other end to put scores on the board. it will be a slog alright this year but sure didn't killeavy lose their first 6 matches last year or something to that effect? culloville won't set the world on fire but they are a solid side who finished high up the league last year and will probably do likewise this year.

charlie stubbs

wat time 2 nights games at 7.30?thanks

charlie stubbs

cross 1-14 sarsfields 1-9

scrappy enough game cross never really got out of 2nd gear very heavy pitch.  had a very strong team out hearty,ak,jd,b mckeown, paul k,tony,k, mckenna to name a few.  tony kernan showed very well and oisin scored a clinical goal in the 2nd half

Ping Pong Santa

Carrickcruppen 1-05 Dromintee 0-09

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

However bad we were, a win is a win and its 2 more points in the bag.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 08, 2009, 09:14:02 PM
cross 1-14 sarsfields 1-9

scrappy enough game cross never really got out of 2nd gear very heavy pitch.  had a very strong team out hearty,ak,jd,b mckeown, paul k,tony,k, mckenna to name a few.  tony kernan showed very well and oisin scored a clinical goal in the 2nd half
cross fans weren't the only ones smiling after that match lol

el_cuervo_fc

rattle-the-net

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 08, 2009, 09:25:38 PM
Carrickcruppen 1-05 Dromintee 0-09

I must say Cruppen played some pretty horrible stuff. I was very disappointed they were anywhere near us and its an indication of how poor we were tonight. We were missing some players through injury but we certainly had more than enough on the field to be far too much for Cruppen. If Cruppen continue like that I think they will struggle.

However bad we were, a win is a win and its 2 more points in the bag.

Cruppin should have had that game dead and buired at half time!! they hit i think 8-10 wides in the first half, ref give dromintee some easy frees at cruital points in the second half!

And to be honest i wudnt say that is was because dromintee were bad, cruppin outplayed dromintee in most areas of the field, had about 70% posession in the first with it being 50/50 in the second half! they just just through it away, another game cruppin should have won!!!