Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on April 30, 2009, 01:28:19 PM
They were a disgrace last nite, Tullysaran have a 19 year who lost his front teeth at the boot of a fully grown Mullabawn man.

Well Hank the county board will know that Bawn have been involved in punch up's before and they should take this into consideration...Sounds like there could be prosecutions on the way
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The GAA

As in prosecutions by the law?

fitzroyalty

i think they should settle it on sunday night after lacey's  :P

Real1995

Not for one minute am I proclaiming Mullaghbawn's innocence but it takes two to tangle.  I was just talking to one player last night who informed me that he was dropped kicked on the back from behind...which sounds like a cowardly act....and Hank there was apparently a number of Tullysarron supporters acting like Ricky hatton on the pitch as well during the brawl....
Nice guys always finish second!

full back

Quote from: Real1995 on April 30, 2009, 02:40:29 PM
I was just talking to one player last night who informed me that he was dropped kicked on the back from behind...which sounds like a cowardly act..

Dropped kicked with the ball?

Joxer

Was going to ask that myself...

Real1995

Real1995

But let me make it clear...scenes like this have no place in our game....and i wouldn stand up for any fellow club man if they were caught kicking some1 on the ground as some people have suggested on another forum....

Joxer

This could get messy for the club Real regardless I would think

Hank Everlast

Quote from: Real1995 on April 30, 2009, 02:40:29 PM
Not for one minute am I proclaiming Mullaghbawn's innocence but it takes two to tangle.  I was just talking to one player last night who informed me that he was dropped kicked on the back from behind...which sounds like a cowardly act....and Hank there was apparently a number of Tullysarron supporters acting like Ricky hatton on the pitch as well during the brawl....

100% right Real, however there is only so much provocation that can be taken before some retaliation occurs.

When the mullabawn FF start throwing punches, it was dead in front of the Mullabawn subs and where their support was gathered, (the majority of which jumped into the row) the tullysaran support were mostly on the other side.  It may have been a different story had the fight not broke out where it did.

corn02

Quote from: illdecide on April 30, 2009, 02:08:39 PM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on April 30, 2009, 01:28:19 PM
They were a disgrace last nite, Tullysaran have a 19 year who lost his front teeth at the boot of a fully grown Mullabawn man.

Well Hank the county board will know that Bawn have been involved in punch up's before and they should take this into consideration...Sounds like there could be prosecutions on the way

Name one club that hasn't?

corn02

I hear its a tenner into the Og' pitch opening on Sunday. Madness.

Joxer

Quote from: Hank Everlast on April 30, 2009, 12:13:45 PM
I was at the game, and there was no other words for it except thuggery from Mullaghbawn, the row was in front of the mullabawn dugouts  whom all (including supported) spilled onto the field to kick lumps out of tullysaran players unlucky enuf to be that side of the pitch.

I know people will say im only telling one side to the story but i spoke to the ref after and im glad to say he is completely aware of who was responsible for the row and will subsequently be putting it in his report.

I'd say that was some craic! Tool! (not you Hank)

Candyman

Quote from: corn02 on April 30, 2009, 04:37:28 PM
I hear its a tenner into the Og' pitch opening on Sunday. Madness.

Aye a tenner in and I heard Og's people proclaiming there will be 20,000 at it!!!!  :D
They were looking at using local companies carparks and busing supporters to the ground.....  ;D

There'll be swine fever everywhere witht the amount of Pigs in that location, and sure it'll be the Dublin hurlers they'll be playing...  ;)

qub la la la

anyone know the draw for next round of u21 championship?

anyone around the newry area read Oisin McConville's piece in the Newry Democrat. He's 100% right. This opening of Pearse Og's new place was known about by the county board at the start of the year and they do nothing then move the fixtures the week before it. We have boys going to a wedding and boys away this weekend who had arranged to be home sunday morning for the game. The county board dont care about anything but gettin fixtures ticked off the list and out of the way. South Armagh B games fixed for Sunday evening. Some of our young players have played Sunday, Wednesday and now there are games Saturday and Sunday before another game again on Wednesday and then senior league game on the Friday. Its a joke! So much for player burn-out! CCCC should wise up! There'll be damn all in Armagh on Sunday anyway, £10 in?? crazy!