Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Sent off for a shoulder :o

Probably just teaching the pretenders to the throne what it is like to play with the big boys ;)

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 12:00:54 PM

Probably just teaching the pretenders to the throne what it is like to play with the big boys ;)

BC there should be some craic up in Cross on Friday night (think thats what they have arranged) when the Clans visit to get some of Margaret's finest sandwhiches ;) and take a handy 2pts :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

No red card in the McEntee incident, I was told different but checked it out, just a big shoulder.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on April 27, 2009, 12:11:48 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 12:00:54 PM

BC there should be some craic up in Cross on Friday night (think thats what they have arranged) when the Clans visit to get some of Margaret's finest sandwhiches ;) and take a handy 2pts :P

Now wasn't that good of Cross to re arrange things to let you tramps go drinking the next day ;)  And ye would say we never help people out!

Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 12:43:23 PM
No red card in the McEntee incident, I was told different but checked it out, just a big shoulder.

Typical of the lads, hitting ard and fair as always :D

winsamsoon

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 11:25:04 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 11:19:14 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 11:00:02 AM
Cruppen get a fair trimming if the scores are to be believed by our boys.  Poor enough reflection on them that they only scored 2 point sin an hours football on their home ground.

That must be it BC it must be the Cruppen ground that makes the cross excell. This would explain our thumping last year in the championship  ;) I better stop before some guys actually add weight to this conspiracy
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Joxer

illdecide

Right just for calling us tramps I've decided to call the game off all together...and I'm taking the 2pts...

I'd say if you had a £5er for ever time them Mac's hit someone with a legitimate shoulder and broke a bone on the poor sod you could have a free weekend somewhere exotic...Lol. 2 hard hoors they are

IVEDECIDED

If you had a fiver for everytime you licked the ass of a cross man you could get a week on the moon!! ;D Is there anyone from cross you arent riding? ;D ;D

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 27, 2009, 02:47:11 PM
If you had a fiver for everytime you licked the ass of a cross man you could get a week on the moon!! ;D Is there anyone from cross you arent riding? ;D ;D

He probably does have a fiver for everytime this happened...

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 27, 2009, 02:47:11 PM

If i had a £5er for every tackle you pulled out of saan i'd be sitting in the house instead of work. I don't lick anyones ass saan and as for riding some from Cross, i wouldn't rule it out as long as she's half decent looking and not stinking of diesel i'd give her a rattle...Just remember saan before you come here slabbering i'm not the one who gets taxi's up to Crossmaglen to help them celebrate winning a cup and buying their whole club drink... ;D ;D

P.S. take it out of that... ;)

BerfArmagh

Cruppen get a fair trimming if the scores are to be believed by our boys.  Poor enough reflection on them that they only scored 2 point sin an hours football on their home ground.

Jesus Cruppin must have been brutal!

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 11:52:18 AM

I hear one of the Macs threw his weight around.  :o

QUB lalala?

How do you mean corn? Just curious.

Don't know if true, but apparently one of the twins hit an almighty shoulder that left one of Cruppen's players witha broken collarbone. The Camlough player would be a hardy sort too and a very good footballer.

Edit; I think Cross player was sent off.

Tony hit Martin Ferris with a heavy but fair shoulder. He wasnt even penalised never mind being sent off.
Unfotunately Ferris got his collar bone broken.

corn02

Quote from: crossfire on April 27, 2009, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 11:52:18 AM

I hear one of the Macs threw his weight around.  :o

QUB lalala?

How do you mean corn? Just curious.

Don't know if true, but apparently one of the twins hit an almighty shoulder that left one of Cruppen's players witha broken collarbone. The Camlough player would be a hardy sort too and a very good footballer.

Edit; I think Cross player was sent off.

Tony hit Martin Ferris with a heavy but fair shoulder. He wasnt even penalised never mind being sent off.
Unfotunately Ferris got his collar bone broken.

Ai Crossfire, I posted soon after syaing he wasn't sent off.

ogshead

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 27, 2009, 11:27:50 AM
Quote from: ogshead on April 27, 2009, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: pearseog on April 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 26, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

Did I read that right above that Clarke didn't do too much. He won every ball that came near him and there was either a score or free won every time. There was very little waste. All in all I thouht that it was a good performance by the Ogs and Dromintee don't look much of a team without the O Rourkes. They could struggle this year if their playing a lot of games without them. It was good though that the Ogs have their first win

I would have to say I thought Ronan Clarke was not one of your best forwards and the Dromintee full back did very well on him. He may have collected most balls that were put in front of him because obviously the full back wasn't going to risk going 50/50 and leaving the space in behind for him to be one on one with the keeper.

However there wasn't as much end product from his possession as you would expect from supposedly one of the country's best forwards.

As for Dromintee struggling without the O'Rourkes, as Corn says there were more players missing than the O'Rourkes (Mícheál was also playing by the way) but I feel we had enough quality still to get something yesterday. We have a very large squad this year with a lot of young lads still settling in. If we had have tightened up yesterday tactically, we would have been closer.

All round we were beaten by a very strong Ogs performance on the day.

I did not say that Clarke was the best forward, I said that he collected everything that came near him and he scored a few and got frees. It was in response to someone saying that he didn't do much, he set up the goal with a through ball and almost set up another with a similar pass as well so he was very influential

Did not realise that there was more missing than the O'Roukes so I apologise for that remark was just expecting a tough hard hitting match but it didn't materialise so was just disappointed in that respect