Crossmaglen II 2-14; Derrynoose 0-4
Dorsey Emmett's v Clady (Off)
Forkhill 1-14; Mullaghbrack 1-4
Killean 0-1; Grange 1-10
O'Hanlon's 1-6; Eire Og 1-9
Armagh Feile Final
Grange 2-7; Silverbridge 3-12

winsamsoon

All in all it was a shite performance by the clans yesterday. Not taking away from the sarsfields they did all they had to do and were effective. But the clans were playing like u-10's. They were no scoring threat and there was no pressure on the sarsfields coming out of defense which meant the defence was getting run ragged by the nippy forwards of the sarsfields. All in all a game to forget roll on the cross on friday night ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: fcuksake on April 26, 2009, 04:54:02 PM
Harps won at a canter.  ;D

Harps 2-16
Ballyhegan 1-06

Vernon, Swift & Simon Lennon outstanding. Ballyhegan will struggle this year and will pick very few points up away from home. But at home they are a different opposition and they need to win the vast majority of their home games to survive in Div 2. As for Harps, they played some nice free flowing football today. I would have fancied them strongly to go up but the loss of McConnville, McCoy & Kelly to the states along with the loss of Vernon & Holmes to their respective counties may prevent this.

all in all not a great spectacle today as their was only 1 team in it 10mins into the 2nd half. Harps done what they had to do and they took some great scores especially the two goals from Morrison & Nippy Swift.

Long may it continue.

Happy enough with the first half, it was 1-07 / 1-04 at half time, considering this is likely to be Ballyhegan's toughest encounter along with Maghery next week!. After a super start for Ballyhegan, with full forward Paddy McKeever causing lots of trouble for Marty Gill, before defensive cover was provided from the line, Harps quickly got on top in midfield. Sean Morrison, Ultan Lennon & Joe Quigley caused a lot of damage towards the end of the first half.

2nd half Charlie Vernon clicked into gear & ran riot around the middle, with typical surges from forward (an awesome sight in full flow!) Nippy Swift seemed to find a lot of space in the 2nd half, & hit a super goal. The pace of the Harps forward line was impressive!

Paul McGrane had a knee op last week. Not sure how much football he'll play again.  :-\ :'(

illdecide

Have you got a stutter goats...lol (Only messin)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ogshead

Quote from: pearseog on April 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 26, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

Did I read that right above that Clarke didn't do too much. He won every ball that came near him and there was either a score or free won every time. There was very little waste. All in all I thouht that it was a good performance by the Ogs and Dromintee don't look much of a team without the O Rourkes. They could struggle this year if their playing a lot of games without them. It was good though that the Ogs have their first win

corn02

Quote from: cillsleibhe on April 26, 2009, 11:51:17 PM
Mullaghbawn 1.06 - Killeavy 3.12

Mullaghbawn ahead by 2 at half-time 0.6-0.4  Killeavy had a storming second half scoring 3.8 with Mullaghbawn scoring just once (goal).  Killeavy were impressive in the second period though to be honest Mullaghbawn were very poor and seem certain to struggle.  Their frustration showed at the end when Enda McNulty got a straight red.

Is it true one of your players started juggling the ball with his knee or something?

corn02

Quote from: ogshead on April 27, 2009, 10:49:02 AM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

Did I read that right above that Clarke didn't do too much. He won every ball that came near him and there was either a score or free won every time. There was very little waste. All in all I thouht that it was a good performance by the Ogs and Dromintee don't look much of a team without the O Rourkes. They could struggle this year if their playing a lot of games without them. It was good though that the Ogs have their first win

We were missing a lot more than the O Rourkes lad.

brokencrossbar1

Cruppen get a fair trimming if the scores are to be believed by our boys.  Poor enough reflection on them that they only scored 2 point sin an hours football on their home ground.

cillsleibhe

Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 10:50:12 AM

Mullaghbawn ahead by 2 at half-time 0.6-0.4  Killeavy had a storming second half scoring 3.8 with Mullaghbawn scoring just once (goal).  Killeavy were impressive in the second period though to be honest Mullaghbawn were very poor and seem certain to struggle.  Their frustration showed at the end when Enda McNulty got a straight red.

Is it true one of your players started juggling the ball with his knee or something?

I'm not sure whether the player concerned would have the skill to juggle the ball with his knee though in fairness he did tease Enda a bit by soloing the ball while standing still in front of him.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on April 27, 2009, 10:31:42 AM
Have you got a stutter goats...lol (Only messin)

Ha ha... these compooters are playing tricks!

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 11:00:02 AM
Cruppen get a fair trimming if the scores are to be believed by our boys.  Poor enough reflection on them that they only scored 2 point sin an hours football on their home ground.

I hear one of the Macs threw his weight around.  :o

QUB lalala?

corn02

Quote from: cillsleibhe on April 27, 2009, 11:09:00 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 10:50:12 AM

I'm not sure whether the player concerned would have the skill to juggle the ball with his knee though in fairness he did tease Enda a bit by soloing the ball while standing still in front of him.

:D fair enough, true enough about that player and the skills.

The story will get ou of hand and soon enough he will have done cartwheels in front of Enda and put a red flag in front of him.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 11:19:14 AM

QUB lalala?

How do you mean corn? Just curious.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: ogshead on April 27, 2009, 10:49:02 AM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I would have to say I thought Ronan Clarke was not one of your best forwards and the Dromintee full back did very well on him. He may have collected most balls that were put in front of him because obviously the full back wasn't going to risk going 50/50 and leaving the space in behind for him to be one on one with the keeper.

However there wasn't as much end product from his possession as you would expect from supposedly one of the country's best forwards.

As for Dromintee struggling without the O'Rourkes, as Corn says there were more players missing than the O'Rourkes (Mícheál was also playing by the way) but I feel we had enough quality still to get something yesterday. We have a very large squad this year with a lot of young lads still settling in. If we had have tightened up yesterday tactically, we would have been closer.

All round we were beaten by a very strong Ogs performance on the day.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2009, 11:25:04 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 27, 2009, 11:19:14 AM

QUB lalala?

How do you mean corn? Just curious.

Don't know if true, but apparently one of the twins hit an almighty shoulder that left one of Cruppen's players witha broken collarbone. The Camlough player would be a hardy sort too and a very good footballer.

Edit; I think Cross player was sent off.