Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Corn thats why i picked Og's to beat yous as i don't believe you guys are the best of travellers but have a very good home record, although to be fair i'd say most teams are like that...I caould never understand in all the years i played 1st division football why you could beat a team by 15 points at home and get stuffed in the reversed fixture. Why do teams hace such different form from home and away, afterall you're playing the same game with and against the same players ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SidelineKick

I know in our case it can be hard for some teams to play at our pitch as it is very very small, and we are used to the tightness of it where other teams have wide open pitches and can play free flowing football!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

fitzroyalty

yes, traditionally a large open pitch suits our style of play.

pearseog

Quote from: corn02 on April 24, 2009, 03:16:20 PM

Sarsfields v Clan na Gael Sarsfield
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen Cross
St Patrick's v Culloville Cullyhanna
Pearse Og v Dromintee Ogs
Mullaghbawn v Killeavy Killeavy

T O Hare

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 24, 2009, 11:33:46 AM
If you had got it id say there would have been a double page pull out in the Mayobridge echo!! (If there is such a thing)  ;) Not that you were good enogh to win it though!! ;D ;D ;D

Defo wasn't good enough but still blame an ex clann eireann goalie for dropping having an nightmare in the semi final when we were beaten by a point >:( :D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

winsamsoon

Quote from: illdecide on April 24, 2009, 03:35:22 PM
Sarsfields v Clan na Gael Sarsfields (thats only because i'm away this weekend :P)
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen Cross
St Patrick's v Culloville Cullyhanna
Pearse Og v Dromintee Ogs
Mullaghbawn v Killeavy Draw

Don't come back saan :o
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Skiddybadoo

Armagh won the Ulster minor League this afternoon.  Final score Armagh 0-13  Donegal 0-09.  Congratulations.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: T O Hare on April 25, 2009, 04:32:11 AM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 24, 2009, 11:33:46 AM
If you had got it id say there would have been a double page pull out in the Mayobridge echo!! (If there is such a thing)  ;) Not that you were good enogh to win it though!! ;D ;D ;D

Defo wasn't good enough but still blame an ex clann eireann goalie for dropping having an nightmare in the semi final when we were beaten by a point >:( :D ;D

You leave Buggsy alone!! Poor fella has hit the drink ever since!  ;D :D ;D :D

IVEDECIDED

Clans
Cross
st.pats
Ogs to draw
Killeavy

mackers

Quote from: Skiddybadoo on April 25, 2009, 03:21:48 PM
Armagh won the Ulster minor League this afternoon.  Final score Armagh 0-13  Donegal 0-09.  Congratulations.
Spoke to a man well placed last year before the championship, he said that he didn't fancy the minor team last year as was proved but said that there was a lot of talent coming through in the next 3 years or so. Fingers crossed!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

corn02

HT:

Ogs 10 Dromintee 2.

Ogs with the breeze.

Harpo

crossfire

Cross beat Carrickcruppen 1-18 to 0-2.
Never saw worse refereeing in my life. ( G Smith )

TacadoirArdMhacha

Culloville 1-7 St Pat's 0-9

Threw this one away. Very disappointing. Culloville made a great start and scored a goal in the first couple of minutes. They ran us ragged in the first 15 with some lovely football and should have been further than 1-2 to no score up. We came back into the game well in the second quarter but unfortuntely we seemed insistent on going for goals rather than taking the easy point available. Three great saves from the Culloville goalkeeper meant they were a couple of points ahead at half time, though to be fair they also missed a lot of very scoreable chances.

We came out all guns blazing in the second half, took th game at midfield and started to dominate. Eugene Casey got a couple of points. When we went 0-8 to 1-3 up I really thought we were going to win the game comfortably but unfortunately we simply stopped playing in the last quarter. Culloville took over at midfield and some silly errors losing possession and giving away scoreable frees meant that they won the match in injury time. Bitterly disappointing and with an away match in Dromintee next week, we really needed the points.

Best for Cullyhanna were Tony Donnelly, Gary McCooey, Michael Murray and Mal Mackin. One positive was that the younger players really came to the fore. In hindsight we badly missed Ciaran McKeever in the last quarter of the match.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway