Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearseog

hopefully a good match is in store between the ogs and dromintee. expecting a massive crowd at the game with all pearse og members having been invited down to inspect the new changing room facilities. was down during the week and i must say they are fantastic.

ogs b's drew with derrynoose last night.

corn02

Quote from: pearseog on April 23, 2009, 02:45:52 PM
hopefully a good match is in store between the ogs and dromintee. expecting a massive crowd at the game with all pearse og members having been invited down to inspect the new changing room facilities. was down during the week and i must say they are fantastic.

Only been at the new complex once, is it in the City or what, I can't remember?

illdecide

I'm assuming the new changing room facilities are in the location were the mobile huts were...Well done as the Og's have a good set up there now. Davitt Park will be next on the list for major re-development. The amount of GAA clubs that are going well for themselves is fantastic although it can be a bit frustrating when i look at our facilities and see what other teams have...5 years ago when the government grants were given out maybe 3 GAA clubs out of 30 applicants would have recieved funding...last year it was the complete opposite as out of 30 applicants i think something like 26 GAA clubs got funding...how times have changed and it's better going into our games than them soccer hoors
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

bit of a joke imo that Davitt (which is meant to be classified as a county ground) has been neglected. Only a few small things like scoreboard, new dugouts, tarmac the carpark, lick of paint etc would go a long way, and would also shut up the yaps who complain any time a county game is fixed for there.

as for motivation for clans you only have to listen to players from the other town teams who reckon there'll be one extra town derby next year when clans make the drop. call it snobbery but  i would never class clans in the same category when it comes to senior football as the other north clubs; bar maghery, portadown and maybe sarsfields. even the thought of having to play those other teams should be motivation enough for the clans  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on April 23, 2009, 03:12:00 PM

Its a bit outside. Go through Armagh and head as though you're going to Omagh / Enniskillen. Its down a wee road to your right a couple of minutes drive after you pass the sign for national speed limit. There's a sign directing ya.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2009, 04:54:01 PM

I'm assuming the new changing room facilities are in the location were the mobile huts were...Well done as the Og's have a good set up there now. Davitt Park will be next on the list for major re-development. The amount of GAA clubs that are going well for themselves is fantastic although it can be a bit frustrating when i look at our facilities and see what other teams have...5 years ago when the government grants were given out maybe 3 GAA clubs out of 30 applicants would have recieved funding...last year it was the complete opposite as out of 30 applicants i think something like 26 GAA clubs got funding...how times have changed and it's better going into our games than them soccer hoors

The new changing rooms are in the bottom right hand corner and they are massive.  The Mobile huts are still there but they will be going shortly hopefully.  The Pitch is looking well at the minute as well.  All we need to do now is get the stand at the far side built.

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 23, 2009, 05:13:40 PM
bit of a joke imo that Davitt (which is meant to be classified as a county ground) has been neglected. Only a few small things like scoreboard, new dugouts, tarmac the carpark, lick of paint etc would go a long way, and would also shut up the yaps who complain any time a county game is fixed for there.

Listen saan Davitt is beyond a lick of paint, it needs major investment as we need new changing rooms and showers, we need a new pitch as Davitt is as bald as my arse and has been over compacted, we also need the drainage and new flood lights done and new fencing and much much more. But at least Fitz you will get the chance to play and use what we have coming in the next few years and i won't >:(. Seriously it will be fantastic when it finally goes ahead...

P.S have you gave Downgirl a call yet you dirty boy...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Chin up Killeen.

I know that when Lissummon joined the League in the early seventies they also got a hiding in their first match - might have been by Eire Og too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2009, 02:21:45 PM
I get ya now chief...brain not working at all...your game will be the game of the weekend (on paper) the Lurgan Mail has tried to hype our game up with Sarsfields saying the cars will be right back to Wolf tones pitch ::) That man Eugene Creaney that writes for Lurgan Mail wouldn't know what's inside an O'Neills ball FFS

I can't take Euegne Creaney seriously anymore, his county match reports are a joke, the North Armasgh bias is too much, you would think B Mallon was Armaghs best player the last couple of years the way Creaney has talked him up.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2009, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 23, 2009, 05:13:40 PM

Listen saan Davitt is beyond a lick of paint, it needs major investment as we need new changing rooms and showers, we need a new pitch as Davitt is as bald as my arse and has been over compacted, we also need the drainage and new flood lights done and new fencing and much much more. But at least Fitz you will get the chance to play and use what we have coming in the next few years and i won't >:(. Seriously it will be fantastic when it finally goes ahead...

P.S have you gave Downgirl a call yet you dirty boy...
I've heard for years now about all thats going to happen and to be fair they'd need to hurry up, we're far behind the other clubs in terms of facilities! whos funding it, sports council? chin up, once the county board gets the over 75s league up and running u'll be able to grace the pitch once more....

P.S. No i have NOT

pearseog

Quote from: corn02 on April 23, 2009, 03:12:00 PM

pearse og signposts at both sides to the ballycrummy road, the killylea road side and the Omagh/Enniskillen road side

T O Hare

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 23, 2009, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2009, 02:21:45 PM
I get ya now chief...brain not working at all...your game will be the game of the weekend (on paper) the Lurgan Mail has tried to hype our game up with Sarsfields saying the cars will be right back to Wolf tones pitch ::) That man Eugene Creaney that writes for Lurgan Mail wouldn't know what's inside an O'Neills ball FFS

I can't take Euegne Creaney seriously anymore, his county match reports are a joke, the North Armasgh bias is too much, you would think B Mallon was Armaghs best player the last couple of years the way Creaney has talked him up.

Creaneys son Gary was in my class in the college along with about four other high pitched sarsfield men, When gary got corn na og player of the year, Eugene had a two page pull out in the Lurgan mail, the slagging he got from everyone was lethal :D :D :D ;D ;D ;G
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

IVEDECIDED

If you had got it id say there would have been a double page pull out in the Mayobridge echo!! (If there is such a thing)  ;) Not that you were good enogh to win it though!! ;D ;D ;D

Real1995

All ACL Fixtures due to be played on Sunday 3rd May 2009 will now be played on Saturday 2nd May at 6pm.
Nice guys always finish second!

full back