Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Kieran McKeever named new Armagh Captain

No suprise really

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's beat Silverbridge 4-14 to 1-7 in the minor league tonight.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

PINTS will now stop supporting Armagh :D :D :D I think Mc Keever is the best candidate for the job good luck to the lad
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

naka

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 20, 2009, 11:31:29 AM
From what I hear the bawn are struggling. Was at the Clans game and dont agree with illdecide that it was a poor game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was exiting at the end when both temas could have won or lost it. For the first game it wasnt bad at all. The Clans look very young and to be honest if Cruppen have any intentions of staying up they will be concerned that such a young Clans team dominated them so easily for 30 mins.
heard the cruppen side last night and it sounded very young as well, a lot of the u-21s playing with  their best player peter loughran injured .

the scenic route

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 20, 2009, 06:10:04 PM
Clans game was probably a decent enough game to watch as it was exciting. A draw was probably a fair result  in the end but the clans should have been 10 or 12 points up at half time. They wasted several good goal chances and hit a few easy wides from frees. Cruppen lifted the intensity in the second half when they were playing with the breeze and into the club house. Dessie done ok in the middle until the last ten minutes when he gave Cruppen absolutely everything At one stage there was actually a clans player thrown out over the line and he gave a sideline ball to cruppen. He also gave cruppen a fould because a clans man had swiped at the ball as the cruppen man when down to pick it up (granted this was a foul but the cruppen man had the chance to pick the ball up simply because he had kicked it out of the hands of a clans man) He gave a free for something that wasn't a free 4 seconds earlier. Also gave  cruppen a point when their man caught the ball and his momentum took him over the line. Dessie awarded a free for a push. But a draw was probably a fair result.

I thought most wides were easy to hit  ;D.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Goats Do Shave

Any word on the county panel being cut at the week end... ?

winsamsoon

Quote from: the scenic route on April 21, 2009, 12:08:33 PM
Clans game was probably a decent enough game to watch as it was exciting. A draw was probably a fair result  in the end but the clans should have been 10 or 12 points up at half time. They wasted several good goal chances and hit a few easy wides from frees. Cruppen lifted the intensity in the second half when they were playing with the breeze and into the club house. Dessie done ok in the middle until the last ten minutes when he gave Cruppen absolutely everything At one stage there was actually a clans player thrown out over the line and he gave a sideline ball to cruppen. He also gave cruppen a fould because a clans man had swiped at the ball as the cruppen man when down to pick it up (granted this was a foul but the cruppen man had the chance to pick the ball up simply because he had kicked it out of the hands of a clans man) He gave a free for something that wasn't a free 4 seconds earlier. Also gave  cruppen a point when their man caught the ball and his momentum took him over the line. Dessie awarded a free for a push. But a draw was probably a fair result.

You have the potential to be another ballbag, either that or you have a sad life.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 21, 2009, 02:03:25 PM

You have the potential to be another ballbag, either that or you have a sad life.

And there is enough of them on here winsam ;)

cillsleibhe

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 20, 2009, 09:11:10 AM
QuoteEire Og 2-20; Killean 0-0

Holy jasas!

Did you notice this score was omitted from the Irish News on Monday?  Did you also notice that the official county website and Aertel text have the result listed as Eire Og beat Killean? 

Surely there is not a conspiracy of silence to save the blushes of a certain well-known sponsor?

fitzroyalty

I noticed that. its not unusuall, county board have done it before, we put 11 goals past clann eireann in a reserve game last year and it wasn't published, neither was their u21 result v cruppen where they were also stuffed

the scenic route

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2009, 02:04:14 PM

DIdnt realise such offence would be caused out of harmlessness from complete boredom on a tuesday afternoon
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Aghdavoyle

Goo result for dromintee sunday evening against mullaghbawn. played some great stuff in the first half and a 3 point lead should really have been at least 7 or 8. mullaghbawn made it very difficult in the second half with all the me behind the ball but the goal was the clincher. good performances from vincy martin, aidan o'rourke, cathal o'neill, shane carroll and particularly micheal o'rourke

corn02

Quote from: cillsleibhe on April 21, 2009, 02:41:23 PM

Holy jasas!

Did you notice this score was omitted from the Irish News on Monday?  Did you also notice that the official county website and Aertel text have the result listed as Eire Og beat Killean? 

Surely there is not a conspiracy of silence to save the blushes of a certain well-known sponsor?

The first Killeavy man on the board?

Possibly and it wouldn't surprise me, but it is a practice that has been going on for years CillSleibhe.

winsamsoon

Quote from: the scenic route on April 21, 2009, 03:41:31 PM
Quote from: full back on April 21, 2009, 02:04:14 PM

DIdnt realise such offence would be caused out of harmlessness from complete boredom on a tuesday afternoon

I will forgive you just this once ;) oh and full back you watch yourself saan ;) :D

DownFanatic

Quote from: corn02 on April 21, 2009, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: cillsleibhe on April 21, 2009, 02:41:23 PM

Holy jasas!

The first Killeavy man on the board?

Possibly and it wouldn't surprise me, but it is a practice that has been going on for years CillSleibhe.

For the past 5 or so years in Down, the results of Aughlisnafin matches in Division 4 were not truthfully published. Usually a more respectable score was inserted instead.

Its bad aul craic trying to disguise results in my opinion.