Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Real1995 on April 19, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
Both Mullaghabwn and Dromintee were strong in defense but up front the both lacked scoring power minus Micheal O'Rourke and John Ferris.....

Strong Dromintee team selected Other than Shane O'Neill and MOR missing 2nite, would there be anybody else pushin in2 their 1st choice 15 Corn?

Would be close enough Real. Ronin McCoy is out all year and he would have started but, other than that, it would have been close enough.

armaghniac

QuoteCross seem to have lost a brave percentage of their support since their last match. Must be the increased journey and higher ticket prices.

Nothing to do with the quality of the opposition, I suppose?
Mind you there was a fair few at Longford where the opposition wasn't wonderful.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: qub la la la on April 19, 2009, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 19, 2009, 05:20:50 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 19, 2009, 04:00:08 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 19, 2009, 03:51:32 PM
Clans drew with Cruppin at Davitt Park. Not 100% on the exact scoreline but i think it was something like 0-12 to 1-09

u happy enough with that result illdecide or more disappointed?you have many younger lads playing?

There were plenty of young guys playing today and thats only a good thing for the future but there are 2 or 3 passengers on the team at the minute but i don't really wanna discuss that matter. I am disapointed with the result in a way as i feel a few subtle changes could have made a we difference but as Fitz pointed out we could very well have lost it too so i suppose 1 point is better than none...

There seems have been a right few draws today...

P.S. the referee was good today and had a decent game...(Malachy McNicholl)

malachy mcnicholl?? you must have been among the clans men drinking on the side of the field?? the referee was dessie mcdonnell. and yes from a clans perspective he had a great game.

anyway, we had a shite first half and done a lot better in the second so a draw was a fair result even though we had a chance to win it.

:D :D :D :D :-[ :-[ Sorry about that...wrong name. Yes Dessie McDonnell had a good game and in fairness he didn't really have any big calls to make, the game was poor enough which was all about 1st half to Clans and the 2nd to Cruppin.

I sesnsed a we bit of sarcasim there about the ref favouring the Clans ??? TBH i thought he got most decisions right for both teams and the only problem i have with the refeering in Armagh in general is your not allowed to touch your opponent now and its a free kick. We played a friendly there last Thursday night and a hurling referee done the match and the tackling and hitting he allowed was 10 times that of the Armagh refeering.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH ACL RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 19 APRIL 2009

Thursday 16 April
ACL – Div. IV
Mullaghbrack 0-7; Dorsey Emmett's 1-11

Friday 17 April
ACL – Div. III
An Port Mor 0-7; Middletown 2-12

Saturday 18 April
Feile Semi-finals
Grange 1-11; St Paul's 1-8
Pearse Og 1-6; Silverbridge 3-12

Sunday 19 April
ACL – Div. I
Clan na Gael 0-13; Carrickcruppen 1-10
Crossmaglen 0-12; St Patrick's 0-8
Culloville 2-6; Pearse Og 1-9
Killeavy 1-13; Sarsfields 0-12
Dromintee 1-8; Mullaghbawn 0-7
ACL – Div. II
Ballyhegan 0-13; Clann Eireann 0-15
Tir na nÓg 0-10; Harps 1-11
St Michael's 1-7; Maghery 1-14
Madden 2-10; Silverbridge 0-12
Granemore 0-9; Whitecross 1-13
Wolfe Tone 1-9; Ballymacnab 0-12
ACL – Div. III
Annaghmore 0-9; Clonmore 1-10
St Peter's 0-5; Keady 0-12
Lissummon 0-6; St Paul's 1-9
Collegeland 0-10; Shane O'Neill's 1-13
Tullysaran 0-12; Belleek 1-11
ACL – Div. IV
Clady 1-9; Corrinshego 2-11
Grange 3-7; Forkhill 3-8
Eire Og 2-20; Killean 0-0
Derrynoose 1-8; O'Hanlon's 0-9
Phelim Brady's 0-5; Crossmaglen II 0-22

Goats Do Shave

QuoteBallyhegan 0-13; Clann Eireann 0-15

Ballyhegan beaten at home by Clann Eireann by 2 points.

Clanns midfield did a lot of damage running at the Ballyhegan defence. They created an overlap with each attack & their quick interchanges & efficient shooting meant they led from start to finish.

Ballyhegan played a more direct style of football, with long balls into a small full forward line, which wasn't working. Paddy McKeever then moved into full forward to create a target. He proved very difficult to handle winning almost every ball that came into him, even though he was double marked. However some wayward shooting in both halves, & a fine save from the Clanns keeper, from a one on one from Paddy Marley near the end, left the Lurgan side with the 2 points.

With Paul McGrane, Paul Courtney & a few others to come back, the Davitts forward line should improve in the weeks ahead.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteEire Og 2-20; Killean 0-0

Holy jasas!

davo

Made a trip up to watch the ogs culloville game. you could tell that it was the first match of the season. Culloville's first score was a goal with the ogs taking time to get in to the game. once they got going they dominated possession with gerard mccoy chris rafferty and kieran hughes, who scored i think 1,1 getting through a mountain of work. it was 1,5 to 1.5 at half time.

same story as last year for the ogs not being able to convert all their possession into scores. hit an unbelievable amount of wides from open play and from free kicks. ronan clarke also missed a penalty.

in the second half the ogs were winning by a point but with 10 minutes to go culloville scored 1,1 putting them 3 up. for the last 10 all the play was in the culloville half as the ogs pushed forward. they scored 3 points to level it. then with last kick of game culloville got a free about 40 metres out to sneak a win but this was put wide.

The ogs will need to improve their shooting and get a free kick taker if they are to do anything this year.

Joxer

St Hughies off to a good start,

Ollie Hearty training them is showing prospect already.

Off The Fence

Saying I had nothing to do on a glorious Sunday evening,  I decided to make the trip down to Dromintee to see what was on offfer and from the first throw in there was onlt one winner.

Mullaghbawn are a poor poor side and surely are in contention for relegation this year.  Nearly all of their points were from placed balls and never looked a threat from open play.  The thing about Mullaghbawn is they drag any decent team down to their level.   I think in the second half Dromintee were 6 or 7 points up and I looked at the Mullaghbawn defence and they still had three forwards sitting back.  If Dromintee had of taken half their chances they would have been coasting at half time and would have won it easier than they did.

Was impressed with M O'Rourke yesterday and the number 15 played rightly also.

IVEDECIDED

From what I hear the bawn are struggling. Was at the Clans game and dont agree with illdecide that it was a poor game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was exiting at the end when both temas could have won or lost it. For the first game it wasnt bad at all. The Clans look very young and to be honest if Cruppen have any intentions of staying up they will be concerned that such a young Clans team dominated them so easily for 30 mins.

corn02

Quote from: Off The Fence on April 20, 2009, 11:14:27 AM
  If Dromintee had of taken half their chances they would have been coasting at half time and would have won it easier than they did.

Uusally our problem. Relying on Michael too much for scores. Shane Carroll should add a lot this year and the youngest of the ONeill brothers is going to be a great footballer.

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 20, 2009, 11:31:29 AM
From what I hear the bawn are struggling. Was at the Clans game and dont agree with illdecide that it was a poor game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was exiting at the end when both temas could have won or lost it. For the first game it wasnt bad at all. The Clans look very young and to be honest if Cruppen have any intentions of staying up they will be concerned that such a young Clans team dominated them so easily for 30 mins.

Well saan maybe poor was a bit strong but i just thought the game lacked intensity and there was no hard hitting in the game, with the young lads the clans had out it must give them a bit of belief for the rest of the season as they did show character to come back after Cruppin had taken the lead. If they can get something from next weekends game against Sarsfields it would def set them up for the rest of the year.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Saying I had nothing to do on a glorious Sunday evening,  I decided to make the trip down to Dromintee to see what was on offfer and from the first throw in there was onlt one winner.

Mullaghbawn are a poor poor side and surely are in contention for relegation this year.  Nearly all of their points were from placed balls and never looked a threat from open play.  The thing about Mullaghbawn is they drag any decent team down to their level.   I think in the second half Dromintee were 6 or 7 points up and I looked at the Mullaghbawn defence and they still had three forwards sitting back.  If Dromintee had of taken half their chances they would have been coasting at half time and would have won it easier than they did.

Was impressed with M O'Rourke yesterday and the number 15 played rightly also.
Likewise, was heading that direction yday and I eventually made it to 2nd half, would agree mullabawn will probably struggle, especially against some of the faster running teams in the division. physicallity isn't an issue but all they do is work it to midfield and then lump it into an isolated forward line, which more often than not Dromintee were able to mop up. I only saw the second half and to be fair mullabawn hit a few wides that could have made the scoreline closer. You say the bawn drag teams down to their level, id call it playing to their strengths  :P

Real1995

Mullaghbawn are a poor poor side and surely are in contention for relegation this year.  Nearly all of their points were from placed balls and never looked a threat from open play.  The thing about Mullaghbawn is they drag any decent team down to their level.   I think in the second half Dromintee were 6 or 7 points up and I looked at the Mullaghbawn defence and they still had three forwards sitting back.  If Dromintee had of taken half their chances they would have been coasting at half time and would have won it easier than they did.

Bit early for relagating us yet Off the fence...Time will tell that story though.....

I am not doubting the matter that we are weak in the forwards line...its our big problem always was...Two of our most gifted forwards were missing yesterday...Eugene McVerry and Paul Kelly so when they return that should add a little scoring power......Our defense could hold there own with most teams to be fair...but they loss of Mark Quinn to Oz added to our two broken leg victims from last year who are unable to play this yearleaves us with a panel with not a great deal of depthl......One positive point however was Enda back yesterday, he did quite well when introduced
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Clans game was probably a decent enough game to watch as it was exciting. A draw was probably a fair result  in the end but the clans should have been 10 or 12 points up at half time. They wasted several good goal chances and hit a few easy wides from frees. Cruppen lifted the intensity in the second half when they were playing with the breeze and into the club house. Dessie done ok in the middle until the last ten minutes when he gave Cruppen absolutely everything At one stage there was actually a clans player thrown out over the line and he gave a sideline ball to cruppen. He also gave cruppen a fould because a clans man had swiped at the ball as the cruppen man when down to pick it up (granted this was a foul but the cruppen man had the chance to pick the ball up simply because he had kicked it out of the hands of a clans man) He gave a free for something that wasn't a free 4 seconds earlier. Also gave  cruppen a point when their man caught the ball and his momentum took him over the line. Dessie awarded a free for a push. But a draw was probably a fair result.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.