Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 17, 2009, 12:13:52 AM
Charlie

St Pat's are not returning to Division 1. We finished 3rd last year. Looking forward to the match on Sunday. Are throw ins 2pm or 2 30pm. Obviously we'll be huge underdogs but hopefully we can at least get closer to Rangers than we managed last year. Does anybody know how long the clubs will have the county men for? Should be at least until the weekend of the 9th / 10th May I would have thought.

apologies tam, forgot that cruppen and sarsfields went up the only time i saw pats was against sarsfields in the semi final last year!!shouldnt be aloud to type late at night!!

winsamsoon

So why have the throw in times changed from the usual time of 2 bells to 2:30
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

armaghniac

QuoteDoes anybody know how long the clubs will have the county men for?

They may have them for most of the summer, 2007 style.

QuoteSo why have the throw in times changed from the usual time of 2 bells to 2:30

To let you finish your dinner.  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 17, 2009, 04:23:25 PM

Orchardcounty.com and Aertel both have the throw ins down as 2pm. Orchardcounty in particular is usually reliable.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 17, 2009, 11:45:01 PM

Orchardcounty.com and Aertel both have the throw ins down as 2pm. Orchardcounty in particular is usually reliable.

Well i'd say they're right then as i only assumed the time from the time we were told to be down for the match...Sorry for any confusion lads...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 17, 2009, 11:45:01 PM

Dromintee game is at six.

fitzroyalty

armagh leg-end

according to orchardcounty middletown beat pormor
Ard Mhacha Abu

Redhandfan

Quote from: armagh leg-end on April 18, 2009, 03:15:26 PM
according to orchardcounty middletown beat pormor

Middletown had ten or eleven points to spare over a very young and inexperienced An Port Mor side last night in Division 3. The Port Mor team was severely depleted for their league opener on home soil, fielding several of their minor side and other fringe players due to a spate of injuries, retirements and suspensions.  The final scoreline flattered Middletown a bit as the sides were level (0-4 to 0-4) early in the second half.  The visitors were also helped by some erratic refereeing during those final thirty minutes, winning a number of handy frees close to goal and being awarded a very dubious penalty which knocked the heart out of An Port Mor's challenge.

charlie stubbs

wolfe tones 1-9 ballymacnab 0-12

nab played with wind in the first half went in nine six up at halftime.  we where awarded a dubious penalty for an off the ball incident which was put away by chris mcalinden, ref tried to even it up after that imo.  gave few soft frees for nab toward end and looked to be trying to get a draw.  best for tones was chris mccarron young minor playing at corner back

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross beat St Pat's 0-12 to 0-8. Lovely day for football. Cross seem to have lost a brave percentage of their support since their last match. Must be the increased journey and higher ticket prices.

St Pat's applied themselves well and tried their best but a fairly strong Cross side were always comfortable enough. Cross went 4-0 up in the early stages and never surrended the lead. Cullyhanna struglled for scores in the first half though SHane McKeever got one fine point and Mal Mackin also got another point from play. St Pat's tried to play a lot of diagonal balls towards the corner forward but struggled to create many scoring chances. Our old failing of lacking an real attacking threat surfaced again. Too many defensive minded players in the forward line. Kieran Hoey improved matters when he came on

Things improved early in the second half - Kieran O'Neill came on and did well, scoring one fine point. At 0-7 to 0-5 it looked like we had a chance but Cross pulled away again. Best on the day for St Pat's were Mal Mackin, Eamon McArdle and Kieran O'Neill during his brief second half appearance before being taken off injured.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Clans drew with Cruppin at Davitt Park. Not 100% on the exact scoreline but i think it was something like 0-12 to 1-09
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Harpo

Harps beat Portadown, think the score was 1-11 to 0-10, ..........they made hard work of it though!!!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on April 19, 2009, 03:51:32 PM
Clans drew with Cruppin at Davitt Park. Not 100% on the exact scoreline but i think it was something like 0-12 to 1-09

u happy enough with that result illdecide or more disappointed?you have many younger lads playing?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 19, 2009, 04:00:08 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 19, 2009, 03:51:32 PM

u happy enough with that result illdecide or more disappointed?you have many younger lads playing?
Just back from match, clans imo should have closed the game, 8-3 (3frees) up at half time, then 30 seconds from throw in cruppen got a soft enough goal and from then on had thier tails up. from that perspective i would be disappointed but to be fair to cruppen they did all the attacking in 2nd half so a draw is maybe a fair result.