Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legs11

Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 11, 2009, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 10, 2009, 07:01:26 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on April 10, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 10, 2009, 05:37:28 PM
Hope you're right legs.
i think the bridge will be playin this year jus 2 stay up pints. i know wat ur sayin but the bridge will do well wit wat they have left.i counted 10players missin from the team tat played cullovile last year in the semi final would i be rite pints.
Probably so, who's all in Australia now, McCann, two Reels, Connolly, Maguire, think I'm missing someone?
Then with McEvoy, McGarvey and McCreesh out, that's 7 that would have played against culloville?  Who's the other 3 you're thinking of?
It'll be tough.

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 10, 2009, 07:16:07 PM
think theres around 10-13 odd players gone from the Clans squad that played Cross last year in SFC.. Long year ahead!

Getting the excuses in good and early lads!
no excuses its just facts.

Legs11

think theres around 10-13 odd players gone from the Clans squad that played Cross last year in SFC.. Long year ahead!
how come so many fitz.

A Daintier Hero

Quote from: Legs11 on April 11, 2009, 04:04:01 PM
Hope you're right legs.
i think the bridge will be playin this year jus 2 stay up pints. i know wat ur sayin but the bridge will do well wit wat they have left.i counted 10players missin from the team tat played cullovile last year in the semi final would i be rite pints.
Probably so, who's all in Australia now, McCann, two Reels, Connolly, Maguire, think I'm missing someone?
Then with McEvoy, McGarvey and McCreesh out, that's 7 that would have played against culloville?  Who's the other 3 you're thinking of?
It'll be tough.

Alright Rafa...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Legs11 on April 11, 2009, 04:02:00 PM
Hope you're right legs.
It'll be tough.
kenny campbell b bellew and colin hughes not playin this year either.thats 9 who played last year tat wont be playin this year.
Great  :-\
It'll be a long year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Legs11

Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 11, 2009, 04:10:26 PM
Hope you're right legs.
It'll be tough.

Alright Rafa...
Me not Rafa ::)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Legs11 on April 11, 2009, 04:36:12 PM
Hope you're right legs.
It'll be tough.

Alright Rafa...

You no speaky English either apparently.

Legs11

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 11, 2009, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on April 11, 2009, 04:36:12 PM
Hope you're right legs.
It'll be tough.

Alright Rafa...

You no speaky English either apparently.
ME not understand wat you mean :o

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on April 10, 2009, 11:43:03 AM
Well lads just over a week to go till the start of the leagues...What are your realistic hopes for your team this year and who do you reckon will have their tails between their legs come the end of August...

Obviously Cross are gonna be massive favourites for both league and championship, as for relegation it will be a toss up between any number of about 5 clubs (my opinion)

There are some really good teams in Division 2 and with Harps being favourites to come up i reckon Maghery will join them although it would be no surprise to see a number of other teams coming through into 2nd place...relegation - Clann Eireann, Wolf Tones, Ballyhegan and Madden...

would agree that harps and maghery the teams to stop in division 2.  agree with the 4 teams possibly go down.  i thought the tones a cert to go down after speaking with some of the players, but i have saw 3 friendlies over the past few weeks and are improving well.  few boys who retired initially are back to give the defence some much needed experience and some of the minor players seem to be much more confident this year and are making the step up.  think we can get a good run in championship only team would be fearful of be sarsfields, who will hopefully be lacking in confidence as they be up in div 1 this season and will find points hard to come by

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Legs11 on April 11, 2009, 04:07:38 PM
how come so many fitz.
retirements mainly though included in that number are a few players who could make a return. imperative we get a win on sun.
Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 14, 2009, 01:29:18 PM
would agree that harps and maghery the teams to stop in division 2.  agree with the 4 teams possibly go down.  i thought the tones a cert to go down after speaking with some of the players, but i have saw 3 friendlies over the past few weeks and are improving well.  few boys who retired initially are back to give the defence some much needed experience and some of the minor players seem to be much more confident this year and are making the step up.  think we can get a good run in championship only team would be fearful of be sarsfields, who will hopefully be lacking in confidence as they be up in div 1 this season and will find points hard to come by
I'd say the tones will cope alright seen them once this year albeit missing a stack of players but they seemed well drilled and should finish well enough to avoid the drop. reports that maghery are flying in pre-season so expecting a swift return to div1, can't look past the harps either with portadown darkhorses to go up in second place. Theres a handful of teams from div1 that could make the drop, better off stating the teams that def won't go down - Cross, Ogs, Killeavy & Pats

illdecide

To tell you the truth i put the Tones in that catagorey simply because i knew a few lads had not returned from last year but over the last few days i have heard promising reports coming from Derrymacash and that a few of the old rear guard had returned and training had picked up. so on that basis they may well stay clear of those other 2 teams i selected for relegation...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the scenic route

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 10, 2009, 03:19:03 PM
QuoteThere are some really good teams in Division 2 and with Harps being favourites to come up i reckon Maghery will join them although it would be no surprise to see a number of other teams coming through into 2nd place...relegation - Clann Eireann, Wolf Tones, Ballyhegan and Madden...

I'm sorry to say I think we'll be battling at the wrong end of divison 2 also  :-\

Typical pessimism that has ruined us over the years
If you ask me we will be just fine in division 2 this and we are hoping to give championship a fair crack
we are going well in training Rath has us sharp with a good discipline and attitude. A good bite has come into training in the last few weeks
if anything theres less rows and drama at training this year than i have experienced in previous years with certain characters missing to and with new management in place.
Disappointing to be missing a few players like Hughes and McGarvey but we cat dwell on it
When we get C Mcavoy back in he will be a big plus and we have yet to get a first choice 15 on the pitch

Your not the only Silverbridge poster on this board POG and more to the point within the club and particularly within the players that read this board your not really appreciated
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

pintsofguinness

I think too much of the club to go toe to toe with you SR.

the scenic route

Im not calling you out POG
But when theres discussion within the club and in the brief craic before and after trainings of "who that gobshite POG is"
and you are only discussed within your club in a negative light you cant make statements about caring to much about the club
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

pintsofguinness

I'm not calling you out either, it was a figure of speech. 
Accusing me of negative comments doesnt wash, you accused me of it before and I asked you to tell me what Id said you were annoyed about and you didn't answer.  I know why you've got a problem.  But lets leave it there, we are on a public forum.
If you want to continue you're welcome to pm me. 

thanks

the scenic route

i know what i challenged you over but i wasnt goin to go trawling through pages of what was said previously on the board to quote you on it and i didnt get back to you on it. But the person talked about there is a mate and i remember you were quick to slate him before.....
Just telling you your anonymous posts and opinions are not appreciated too much within the club you "think too much of"