Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Pint I've already said I wasn't at the match and so I can't comment on specifics. I've made that dead clear from the start. I'm simply going on a second hand and fairly vague account but I've never claimed anything else. I really don't want to be drawn into a long and fairly pointless arguement on the subject, I simply took issue with the allegation that St Pats deliberately tried to have a game abandoned as I find this very very difficult to believe.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 25, 2007, 01:26:31 AM
Pint I've already said I wasn't at the match and so I can't comment on specifics. I've made that dead clear from the start. I'm simply going on a second hand and fairly vague account but I've never claimed anything else. I really don't want to be drawn into a long and fairly pointless arguement on the subject, I simply took issue with the allegation that St Pats deliberately tried to have a game abandoned as I find this very very difficult to believe.
Well tac considering you weren't at the game and only have "second hand and fairly vague" accounts I would think that you shouldn't be going around making allegations that "Silverbridge were far from blameless angels" and that "CUllyhanna were not the only team at fault for what happened" especially when you can't give one reason why!

You say that you get it hard to believe st. pats tried to get the game abandoned, fair enough, if I hadn't been there I'd get it hard to believe the level of violence that was invovled. But ask yourself why when we went 6 points ahead comments like "we've to do something now", "we've to do it now" were made by your players and without any further organisation 3 players jumped D Mccann? Are you going to tell me that was not evidence of previous planning. Why was Mal Mackin saying to people after the game that he was "sent out to do it"?  Why then when the row was half settled, Eugene Casey tried his best to get the crowd involved by attacking Cormac McEvoy in front of the stand and standing on the fence clearing his throat and spitting into the crowd? Why then when the row was settled and play resumed your players went to  our goal and attacked Nicholas Traynor and Anthony Malley?  There was multiple attempts to get a row going and to keep it going by your players, if it was not in a effort to get the game abandoned, tell me why!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

The decision to award a penalty was that much of a joke that i actually don't know who was fouled. I think this proves a point in itself.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Six Inch Nail

Sorry lads for joining this lovely debate at a late stage.

TacadoirArdMhacha, your silence has been deafening since the row right enough, despite the fact that you no doubt viewed the discussion board a number of times!

But just as a follow on to what Pints was saying about the row being orchestrated, "Nows the time" is one of the quotes which was heard by a couple of our players.

Also, with the first main row settled down and the game going again, why with about 20 seconds left of the match did Cullyhanna replace Mark McDonnell (brother of Steven and a civil chap) with Paul Toner (a nasty bit of work).  I'll tell you why, because Mark McDonnell wouldn't get involved in the fight, whereas Paul Toner was too far away from the action on the sidelines.  It wasn't like he was going to make any telling contribution to the game at that stage was it?
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

stoke the boilers!

JP's transfer has to be one of the most drawn out in years!
When do the county board decide on transfers? Will he be available in time for the league?

sureyouwill

Quote from: stoke the boilers! on February 26, 2007, 02:09:47 PM
JP's transfer has to be one of the most drawn out in years!
When do the county board decide on transfers? Will he be available in time for the league?

Does it matter, do the county boys play many league games currently under Joe's wishes?

stoke the boilers!

your right there, would have made the city derby games very interesting this year if he was allowed to play though

laceer

are there any harps men on here?watched your under 14s yesterday against naomh mhuire.would they be considered strong in Armagh? number 11 was handy..

Over the Bar

QuoteArmagh Gaelic footballer Enda McNulty may be on the cusp of linking up with Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill as the club's sports psychologist.

Rumours that Joe Kernan was also on Villa's short-list for the role of dietician were said to be wide of the mark.......

full back

Any major changes in the managerial merry go round this year?

laughinpaddy

I believe Houly is helping out Clarke with the ogs job.  Whitecross have also a new man in charge Thats the only ones i've heard off.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

illdecide

Gerard Reid is Clann Eireann's new Gaffer
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

I heard that Stephen Casey has been reappointed manager of St Patrick's (Cullyhanna) and Damien Rock is in charge of St Michael's (Newtownhamilton).

timvo911

wlll mcnulty sign for villa? he'd prob do better in defence anyway!!

SouthArmaghBandit

Any rumours of club transfers boys?