Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Think its working well in mid-armagh

Real1995

Quote from: hound of ulster on March 26, 2009, 11:34:04 AM
Lads trying to get some thoughts on Go-Games, which is being introduced for under 10 this  year in south armagh, has anyone any info on how well(or not) its working elsewhere,
and wat do the south armagh underage coaches think about it.

HOU - i teach across the border in Co.Louth and we use the Go games for all school competetions....I works excellently - gets everyone involved.....one touch one solo stops the good players from dominating....also another rule i like is that if a player if fouled - they take the free....speeds up the game....
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

Lads trying to get some thoughts on Go-Games, which is being introduced for under 10 this  year in south armagh, has anyone any info on how well(or not) its working elsewhere,

I believe it was warmly welcomed in county down, might be worth posting on that thread as well.

stpauls

it was indeed corn, as stated by Real above, it gives the kids a real chance to get involved in the game, and means there are no players really dominating, as any kid who is maybe that bit bigger than others would do in those age groups.

DownFanatic

Go Games is the way forward. It is a fantastic concept and serves to improve all those players who participate in it.

Just one thing though. Expect the bigger clubs to vent their distaste of it. In Down, quite a few of the larger clubs were up in arms about it as they felt that the whole competitiveness was being taken out of U-12 football.

apres_match

Heard last night that Killean have been pulled out of the Killeavy Sevens tournament, word is the powers that be didn't think it would be appropriate.

full back

Quote from: apres_match on March 27, 2009, 09:53:00 AM
Heard last night that Killean have been pulled out of the Killeavy Sevens tournament, word is the powers that be didn't think it would be appropriate.

Why wouldnt it be appropriate?
They are a club in their own right now so are entitled to be there
Have they withdrawn or have they been kicked out?

Goats Do Shave

Is it not invitation only?

Would find it hard to believe they would get an invite, unless the Killeavy ones wanted to embarass their new rivals?

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 27, 2009, 10:27:19 AM

Would find it hard to believe they would get an invite, unless the Killeavy ones wanted to embarass their new rivals?

Killeavy are a fair enough club so they wouldn't invite them out of spite.

Fair play to Killean for the gesture, but I am sure it would be better if everyone just got on with football.

davo

anyone know if the county players will be availbale for their clubs for the sevens?

full back

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 27, 2009, 10:27:19 AM

The draws have already been made & Killean were in a group

Group A              
Clan na Gael      
Mullaghbawn      
Clann Eireann      
Shane O'Neill's      
Ballyhegan    

Group B
Killeavy
Dromintee
Whitecross
St Paul's
St Michael's, Killean

Group C
Pearse Og
Carrickruppen
Granemore
Belleek
Eire Og

Group D
Crossmaglen
St Patrick's
Madden
St Peter's
Middletown

Who withdrew them?
If it was Killean, they shouldnt have entered in the first place
If it is Killeavy it is a serious case of sour grapes

apres_match

They were told that they wouldn't be competing as the standard would be too high to make it worthwhile. I think myself that the standard would be too high for them but after all, it's only a bit of craic and they would end up in Killeavy social having a drink like the rest of the teams. Don't think the Killean lads themselves are too happy.

illdecide

Well i know there is a stag doo next weekend for a good few Clans guys so i wouldn't imagine them having a good team with them. Clans v Killean would have been a tight match had they been in the same group :(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Is that the famous Clans excuses coming out already! Grow up man its only a sevens tournament. Surely even the Clans can pull seven players together! ;D Yous c***ts love your stag weekends! I didnt even know that many of yous were married!!

lurganblue

it doesnt stop them though chief  ;)