Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

winsamsoon

At the end of the day pints who really cares what you think? or anyone else who agrees with you. If i wish to have a debate on who is second best or who is best then i will debate whatever i want. I don't ever remember having to ask permission to anyone when i am posting on a thread. This debate started when we were discussing the top teams in our county. Have an opinion on this issue or don't that is your decision but please quit trying to distract from the issue by taking cheap digs.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 24, 2009, 02:11:39 PM
At the end of the day pints who really cares what you think? or anyone else who agrees with you. If i wish to have a debate on who is second best or who is best then i will debate whatever i want. I don't ever remember having to ask permission to anyone when i am posting on a thread. This debate started when we were discussing the top teams in our county. Have an opinion on this issue or don't that is your decision but please quit trying to distract from the issue by taking cheap digs.

f**k sake man calm down, where did I say don't debate it? What are you talking about asking permission?  What are you going on about?

Christ almighty!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 23, 2009, 11:10:54 PM
I have to say that I really enjoy the discussions that centre round the relative merits of the various clubs in the County. Rangers are of course ahead of the rest but I am at a loss to understand why people diss what are after all only harmless discussions. Yes, we may be in effect discussing who is second, third, fourth best, but is there not a bit of craic in that?

As for those that say the arguments are pointless, can I ask what exactly then is the point of posting anything on this forum?   ::)

Let's lighten up lads - if it's not your thing, then bow out - eh?

Rufus while discussing the merits of clubs is fair enough and a bit of craic etc, and most there were a few good posts the debate was turning again in to a discussion about ogs and dromintee and who's best i.e. second best, it's not the first time that has happened on this thread, in fact we go through the same discussion regularly.  Of course people posting on here dont necessarily reflect the mindset of their club's team or management but my comment was promted because there seems to be some joy taken in who's second, third or fourth.  For some clubs (the bridge inc) being considered third or fourth in the county would be an achievement but for the likes of ogs, harps dromintee, even clans it shouldnt be! I think if I belonged to one of these clubs I wouldnt give a f**k about talking about being third or fourth or second I'd be interested in being number 1.  Maybe we just have different mantalities but let me ask you, are you happy that Harps are considered to be third of fourth in the county?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 24, 2009, 08:27:50 AM

Well that's fine if you see it like that, I'm just saying the way I see it. 

As for the rest of your post, well...it would be an insult to orchardcounty to say it belonged over there  ::)
But I'll look forward to you having a similar dig at your club mate, who agrees with me.

Havent time to answer now rufus, I'll come back to it.

Ogshead may have agreed that it sounded like a argument over who was second best, however he did also offer some opinions to the discussion.

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 24, 2009, 07:23:52 PM
I have to say that I really enjoy the discussions that centre round the relative merits of the various clubs in the County. Rangers are of course ahead of the rest but I am at a loss to understand why people diss what are after all only harmless discussions. Yes, we may be in effect discussing who is second, third, fourth best, but is there not a bit of craic in that?

As for those that say the arguments are pointless, can I ask what exactly then is the point of posting anything on this forum?   ::)

Rufus while discussing the merits of clubs is fair enough and a bit of craic etc, and most there were a few good posts the debate was turning again in to a discussion about ogs and dromintee and who's best i.e. second best, it's not the first time that has happened on this thread, in fact we go through the same discussion regularly.  Of course people posting on here dont necessarily reflect the mindset of their club's team or management but my comment was promted because there seems to be some joy taken in who's second, third or fourth.  For some clubs (the bridge inc) being considered third or fourth in the county would be an achievement but for the likes of ogs, harps dromintee, even clans it shouldnt be! I think if I belonged to one of these clubs I wouldnt give a f**k about talking about being third or fourth or second I'd be interested in being number 1.  Maybe we just have different mantalities but let me ask you, are you happy that Harps are considered to be third of fourth in the county?

To be honest Pints that's a load of auld baloney.

fitzroyalty

Is it not a realistic mentality being adapted if you consider your club 3rd/4th in the county? I wouldn't rate my club in the top ten at the min.

corn02

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 25, 2009, 11:29:17 AM
Is it not a realistic mentality being adapted if you consider your club 3rd/4th in the county? I wouldn't rate my club in the top ten at the min.

Well according to POG you shouldn't be dsicussing your team then.

BC, snigger now, but when you are finally beaten POG won't let anyone discuss Cross on here either.

fitzroyalty

Since when was he a mod!? :o
Yeh I think/(really hope) Cross will get a few defeats this season, even if its just in the league. Only teams capable of mounting a challenge are the two city sides and dromintee IMO.

winsamsoon

I think the point that you are missing here pints is the fact that Cross are the best team in the county. The results from last year prove that. When we are discussing the merits of each of the other clubs we are not saying they are second best because of course when we take the field against the cross we do so thinking that we can win. It is you that is jumping to the conclusions by saying that the cross are always number one in any game. If my club were to play the cross this year in the championship even though they destroyed us by 20 points last year i would till think we are going to win this year. So it is infact you my friend that is turning this debate into a second best as you call it.

I will state is again there are a top four teams in the county IMO Cross, Harps, Ogs and Dromintee. A game between any of theses teams on their day would be a very close game. I was saying that the harps are by no means a second division teams and they would be (based on last year) firm contenders for the senior championship as would Dromintee, Og and cross. The rest of the teams could win the senior championship but it is more likely that a winner will come from these four. Now you will notice that i didn't say that the harps are capable of securing a runners up spot. So i never once mentioned second best (i suppose now you will trail through pages of posts to see if i mentioned the number 2nd and best) ;) :D

Take it as it is, it's a debate about football in our county. If it involves ranking teams then so what. That is what this board is for.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Throw ball

Is Pints the second best poster on the board!  ;D

fitzroyalty

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 25, 2009, 03:33:32 PM

I think the point that you are missing here pints is the fact that Cross are the best team in the county. The results from last year prove that. When we are discussing the merits of each of the other clubs we are not saying they are second best because of course when we take the field against the cross we do so thinking that we can win. It is you that is jumping to the conclusions by saying that the cross are always number one in any game. If my club were to play the cross this year in the championship even though they destroyed us by 20 points last year i would till think we are going to win this year. So it is infact you my friend that is turning this debate into a second best as you call it.

I will state is again there are a top four teams in the county IMO Cross, Harps, Ogs and Dromintee. A game between any of theses teams on their day would be a very close game. I was saying that the harps are by no means a second division teams and they would be (based on last year) firm contenders for the senior championship as would Dromintee, Og and cross. The rest of the teams could win the senior championship but it is more likely that a winner will come from these four. Now you will notice that i didn't say that the harps are capable of securing a runners up spot. So i never once mentioned second best (i suppose now you will trail through pages of posts to see if i mentioned the number 2nd and best) ;) :D

Take it as it is, it's a debate about football in our county. If it involves ranking teams then so what. That is what this board is for.

Very well put.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Throw ball on March 25, 2009, 03:43:24 PM
Is Pints the second best poster on the board!  ;D

Hes definitley the Crossmaglen of annoying, no craic posters!! ;) :D ;D

Diet Coke

Never argue with an idiot.....he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience!! :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.