Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on March 23, 2009, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 23, 2009, 08:06:18 PM
All I see is yet another discussion on who's second best. 

You're not looking very closely then. Do you not agree that teams can discuss their merits against each other irrespective of league standing , etc?
Yeah if there's not an underlying motive to discover or argue about who's second best. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 23, 2009, 08:28:16 PM
Quote from: corn02 on March 23, 2009, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 23, 2009, 08:06:18 PM
All I see is yet another discussion on who's second best. 

You're not looking very closely then. Do you not agree that teams can discuss their merits against each other irrespective of league standing , etc?
Yeah if there's not an underlying motive to discover or argue about who's second best. 

Jesus maybe you are looking too hard instead of not closely.

If that is ho you see it, so be it.

ogshead

Going by what I have noticed it does seem like a discussion on who's second best. I think it's a pointless argument. Any of the teams outside of Cross are all capable of beating each other and as an Ogs man I know that we are not the only challengers. The Ogs haven't played Dromintee in Championship football since the 2003 semi final in Ballymacnab so it's not the Ogs' fault for the draw not pairing us up. I believe that any game between the two teams would go down to the wire. Going by the amount of county players we have been going through in the last few years with a couple of All Stars on top of that I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't at least one county title. Everyones always going to be biased and say that their team will do this and that. I know for a fact that if the Ogs play the Harps in the championship that it wouldn't be an easy match, I still think that we'd win as you would expect being a supporter of the team. Also I'd like to add that I admire Dromintee for the way they keep coming back every year. I know with the Ogs there was a couple of attempts and then it took a few years before we came back with another challenge. But on the whole there's not much between any of the teams at the top. Second place though is a bit of an embarrassing argument on Armagh club football's behalf

brokencrossbar1

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 23, 2009, 10:19:40 PM
Snigger,snigger,snigger ;D
I don't blame you, I'd be sniggering too if I was a Cross man.

winsamsoon

must be the way we are phrasing these debates corn because some folk are taking the complete wrong meaning out of it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Rufus T Firefly

I have to say that I really enjoy the discussions that centre round the relative merits of the various clubs in the County. Rangers are of course ahead of the rest but I am at a loss to understand why people diss what are after all only harmless discussions. Yes, we may be in effect discussing who is second, third, fourth best, but is there not a bit of craic in that?

As for those that say the arguments are pointless, can I ask what exactly then is the point of posting anything on this forum?   ::)

Let's lighten up lads - if it's not your thing, then bow out - eh?

pintsofguinness

I just dont understand the mentality to argue that you're second best, who cares? The best, that's what matters. 
The only reason anyone argues their club is second best is because, in my eyes, they've settled for being second best. 

Of course it's only a pointless bit of fun but I just dont understand it. 

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 23, 2009, 11:26:15 PM
I just dont understand the mentality to argue that you're second best, who cares? The best, that's what matters. 
The only reason anyone argues their club is second best is because, in my eyes, they've settled for being second best. 

Of course it's only a pointless bit of fun but I just dont understand it. 

I'll let you have the final word on this pints - I know this could go on ad infinitum.

I regularly partake in these discussions and I have never argued that Harps are second. The reality is though that Harps are somewhere in the order of merit, and arguing / debating where that is - amongst the rest - is a bit of craic - something I enjoy and is the reason why I'm here to be honest!

I am not involved any longer with our Senior team - committee only, although I am a supporter, attend regularly, and get to watch most of the other leading teams in the County. My opinions therefore in no way can be said to reflect a mindset from within our Senior squad that says Harps have settled for not being the best. These are my opinions only.

Finally though I would ask that those - including yourself pints - who point out the futility of these arguments, not see the irony in highlighting that, given that the same charge could be laid against every single post on this website?

el_cuervo_fc

As usual Pints has basically just thrown a comment in to stir up a bit of an argument for no other reason than to just be annoying.   :o

My take on the whole discussion was that it was basically about naming which teams could mount any sort of a challenge to the current Ulster Champions and All Ireland Final Runners Up.

I don't see what is wrong in debating the attributes of these teams, do we really have to always talk about Cross?  Maybe you're just bored pints because you're not arguing about 'The Bridge' in an endless spite against St. Pat's people.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on March 24, 2009, 07:27:24 AM
As usual Pints has basically just thrown a comment in to stir up a bit of an argument for no other reason than to just be annoying.   :o

My take on the whole discussion was that it was basically about naming which teams could mount any sort of a challenge to the current Ulster Champions and All Ireland Final Runners Up.

I don't see what is wrong in debating the attributes of these teams, do we really have to always talk about Cross?  Maybe you're just bored pints because you're not arguing about 'The Bridge' in an endless spite against St. Pat's people.

Well that's fine if you see it like that, I'm just saying the way I see it. 

As for the rest of your post, well...it would be an insult to orchardcounty to say it belonged over there  ::)
But I'll look forward to you having a similar dig at your club mate, who agrees with me.

Havent time to answer now rufus, I'll come back to it.

IVEDECIDED

f**k you really are a twit pints! A discussion board and were not allowed to discuss anything! What about those teams in the second division are they not allowed to discuss the merits of their team just because they arent as good as cross! Catch a grip man!

corn02

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 23, 2009, 11:10:54 PM
I have to say that I really enjoy the discussions that centre round the relative merits of the various clubs in the County. Rangers are of course ahead of the rest but I am at a loss to understand why people diss what are after all only harmless discussions. Yes, we may be in effect discussing who is second, third, fourth best, but is there not a bit of craic in that?

As for those that say the arguments are pointless, can I ask what exactly then is the point of posting anything on this forum?   ::)

Let's lighten up lads - if it's not your thing, then bow out - eh?

What he said!

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 24, 2009, 11:14:55 AM
f**k you really are a twit pints! A discussion board and were not allowed to discuss anything! What about those teams in the second division are they not allowed to discuss the merits of their team just because they arent as good as cross! Catch a grip man!

Correct saan...but if we don't hear from you again soon we'll know the mods banned you...thats name calling can get you a suspension (if the right man reports ya...lol)

Thats true Pints if you don't like the discussion don't join in, go away to the greasy fry thread or the moaning thread and try your luck there...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Malone Aristocrat