Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 20, 2009, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 20, 2009, 02:16:39 PM
I have at least 3 div 1 medals if not 4 as well as a div 2 medal but what did we do in the championship (feck all) bar 1 final. So the league means jack shit infact i couldn't tell ya where my medals are, haven't seen them in years. A senior championship medal is the only one that counts and i don't have any of them...( >:()

You prob ate them! ;D I think since '96 Clans have won 8 division 1 titles and have zero county tiltles. FACT. However I hate teams who have never (and could never) won the league rubbishing it as nothing. Its still a relative achievement to be top after 18 games considerig some of teams in it, but I agree this is nothing compared to a championship run.

who else would have won the leagur in that time?no st pats did one year and obv cross.  if thats true thats amazing.  you would think a team that wins 8 league titles(not to be sniffed at) would be able to beat cross during that period.  suppose just tell you how good cross have been/are

fitzroyalty

were those the days cross couldn't find directions to lurgan??

charlie stubbs

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 20, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
Couldnt agree more, they struggle with him in it!  ;D Wasters! They have a lovely bar though! ;D

aye last few seasons have got enough wins at the start of the season to keep them up.  was talking to clan eireann man 2 years ago said that they had lost 11 in a row then i saw their final 2 games against st peters and tones and where horrible!heard the bar good all right might have get a look at it.lol

winsamsoon

I remember beating cross one day in cross to win the league title and believe me it was a killing match so i guess you could say that one did matter ;)

I maybe wrong charlie but i think Mullagbawn may have won a league title or was it Dromintee???? Confusing myself now.

Definetly tink it was Dromintee now :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Yes lads Cullyhana and dromintee won leagues, outside of those two its been the big two every year. (Well the big one and Clans! ;D)

Real1995

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 20, 2009, 06:24:04 PM
Yes lads Cullyhana and dromintee won leagues, outside of those two its been the big two every year. (Well the big one and Clans! ;D)

Nope - Mullaghbawn league champions 2005
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

I knew the bawn had snuck an old league victory in there. It was Mullaghbawn then and Dromintee. Cullyhanna finished second one year i think but never won it.

IVEDECIDED

Cullyhana definitely won it. I think it may have been round 2003 - ish.

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 22, 2009, 05:40:05 PM

Yip, think it may have been 04.

illdecide

I think the Clans are in with a good shout of winning the league this year...then again i think i'm thin...lol

Whats your perdictions for the year ahead...i.e. who will win the league and who will go down??? It's a hard one to call now as after 3-4 games you will prob have a fair idea who'll be in the mix and who'll not.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Real1995

Obv Cross will start as favs...even without their county contingent...their fitness levels should be way above the rest in the first few games....dont know alot above sarsfields or cruppen....but as with any promoted team...they will be giving it their all esp in the first few games.....a good start is so important....

I hope Peter continues on from last year and allows the county players to play as much as poss...on a personal note its not goin to benefit Mullaghbawn but you do rather play teams when they are at full strength....
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 22, 2009, 05:40:05 PM

correct saan :o :o :o :o

IVEDECIDED

Well lads hows the Clans pre-season preparations going?

the salmon of knowledge

hey lads, just a quick question some of you Armagh lads might know...
I have been told there is a cryogenetic tank in Keady, co. Armagh, does any of you guys know of it?? A number of even a name would be greatly appriciated, thanks

the scenic route

a bit late entering this argument, but i would have dromintee ahead of og's in the ranking.
When was the last year a team other than crossmaglen knocked them out of the senior championship and i can only think of one occasion where dromintee and ogs went head to head in championship and drom won.
Fair enough i think it was well back possibly 2003 for semi final in silverbridge.
But i always feel that dromintee if they had 15 men on form on the day could take cross, however i think its turned into a mental block at this stage for dromintee and frustratingly dont think the current team will ever beat them. esp now the dyas factor is gone (temporarily in my opinion)

And thier have undoubtedly been times when dromintee should have taken cross particularily in silverbridge 2007 cross managed to scrape a replay and then detroyed them the next day.

But i think Cullyhanna are a good three years off seriously challenging cross they have a couple of passengers on that team.

Have the nab not had a few great underage teams come/coming through in the last few years.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"