Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FitnessTestingIreland

Fitness Testing Ireland

New local Fitness Testing company for GAA clubs.

Check out our website www.fitnesstestingireland.com

Or drop us an email at info@fitnesstestingireland.co.uk

billy the kid

Hi folks, asked to post this up on the site by a friend and although I have it on a thread thought it was prob most relevant to yous so posted it here also. 

Ballymacnab taking a lead from some of the smaller university clubs who have been using this for years but I Actually think this will prob become a more common way of getting sponsorship in current climate.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fantastic marketing and sponsorship opportunity for just ₤25

Dear Sir/Madame

I would like to offer you a fantastic marketing opportunity for your company.  The Senior team of St Brenda's Camogie Club Ballymacnab, County Armagh are ordering a full new kit for the upcoming season and have come up with a novel idea to offer businesses the chance to have their name printed on the front of the kit for just ₤25.   

Ballymacnab are one of the top teams in Ulster with 17 senior championships and are known province wide and much further a field due to this success. In 2008 they won the Armagh senior League, were runners up in the Armagh senior championship, were runners up in the Ulster Senior League and reached the semi-finals of the All Ireland 7s in Dublin.  2009 is expected to be another highly successful year.  Whichever business has their name on the Ballymacnab kit can expect it to be seen all over Armagh, throughout Ulster, and on the All Ireland stage later in the year, with lots of media coverage that will again bring the businesses name into the public eye. 

How does it Work?

With the current economic climate the club felt it would be unfair and unrealistic to ask any one business to fit the total bill for the new kit so the following idea will be used.

There are 24 players on the senior panel and each player must sell 2 tickets at ₤25  to businesses that are interested in this fantastic opportunity.  The names of each of these businesses will be entered into a draw and the winner will be the sponsor for the upcoming year.  Each Business will have a 1 in 48 chance of having their name on the kit for just ₤25.   The winner will also appear in the Irish news and local papers presenting the new kit with their name on it to the team, offering even more exposure for your business.

All entries to the draw must be submitted and confirmed by

1:00PM on Friday 13th March

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

Forgot to say PM me if you are interested and I will help you arrange getting a ticket.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: bennydorano on March 11, 2009, 02:17:34 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 11, 2009, 01:44:36 PM
Who cares.
Eh, Harps and & Nab people who mightn't know it's on?

Must take some effort to be that big a knob.

I bet there wasnt 20 at it! And no I find it relatively easy son! ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 12, 2009, 12:37:58 PM
Who cares.

and what were you doing last night, Watching Man utd and coronation st or some shite, if you have nothing constructive to write, dont bother writing anything, BTW there was 21 at it  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 12, 2009, 12:54:46 PM
Who cares.

and what were you doing last night, Watching Man utd and coronation st or some shite, if you have nothing constructive to write, dont bother writing anything, BTW there was 21 at it  ;)

They played 10-and-a-half a side.

illdecide

But billy surley you can't sell sponsership by telling lies...Ballymacnab only wishes they had that pedigree you just wrote there. any business man would know that Ballymacnab couldn't achieve/achieved that load of keek...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Who cares.

Is it any wonder there hasnt been a dozen posts on this site in a month! c***ts like you boring people to f**king death with your contstructive this and constructive that! Its a f**king chat forum! If you dont like what I say then tough f**king shit! Get a life and learn to incorportae some humour and slagging into that pathetic life of yours! Without this board and your stupid analysis of every comment your life would be empty wouldnt it son?  ;D :D :D ;D ;) :D ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 12, 2009, 03:12:16 PM
Who cares.

Is it any wonder there hasnt been a dozen posts on this site in a month! c***ts like you boring people to f**king death with your contstructive this and constructive that! Its a f**king chat forum! If you dont like what I say then tough f**king shit! Get a life and learn to incorportae some humour and slagging into that pathetic life of yours! Without this board and your stupid analysis of every comment your life would be empty wouldnt it son?  ;D :D :D ;D ;) :D ;D

f**k you really are a c**k!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2009, 03:11:55 PM
But billy surley you can't sell sponsership by telling lies...Ballymacnab only wishes they had that pedigree you just wrote there. any business man would know that Ballymacnab couldn't achieve/achieved that load of keek...lol

The Senior team of St Brenda's Camogie Club Ballymacnab, County Armagh 

Onion Bag

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2009, 03:11:55 PM

Sorry to inform you illdecide, but they actually have achieved "that load of keek" that was stated in the advert

illdecide

well i have an apology to make...Sorry Billy :-[ thought you were talking about senior football there...Just seen the word Senior and jumped in feet 1st.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The GAA

QuoteFriday, March 13, 2009

Bellew may have made Armagh exit
by Brendan O'Brien

FRANCIE BELLEW may have played his last game for Armagh.

One of Gaelic football's cult figures, the 32-year old defender first played senior football for his county against Louth in 2002 and has earned a reputation for his robust style of play on the pitch and his quiet demeanour off it.

Bellew is preparing for the All-Ireland club final against Kilmacud Crokes next week and his Crossmaglen Rangers manager Donal Murtagh has hinted the defender will not be returning to inter-county duty.

"Francie is very hard to get information out of, as you know. He said he wasn't too keen on going back. He said it was a young man's game so maybe he is fed up of running around after speedy forwards."

This isn't the first time that Bellew's future with Armagh has been speculated on but he returned to the inter-county scene last year after picking up a cruciate knee ligament injury in May of 2007 that sidelined him for over six months.

Bellew won an All-Ireland senior title under Joe Kernan in 2002 and added five Ulster championships and a 2003 All Star award to his catalogue during an inter-county career in which he developed a fearsome reputation as a full-back.

His influence has yet to wane at club level. Murtagh, who played in three All-Ireland club finals with him, has deployed Bellew at centre-back where he has played a more prominent role in Crossmaglen's attacking plans.

"In my opinion, centre-half back was always his best position," said Murtagh. "He played there in front of me when I was number three. He is back out there now but it is horses for courses. We might well have to put him in the full-back line for Tuesday. You don't know."

The club has always come first for Bellew, despite his success in the inter-county environment. His haul with Rangers includes 13 county championships, seven Ulsters and four All-Irelands.

Oisin McConville has already called time on his Armagh career but Peter McDonnell will still be waiting impatiently on the return of a number of Cross players including Paul Hearty, Aaron Kernan and Stephen Kernan.

The county could certainly do with them as the sheen has long disappeared from the opening day Division Two win in Wexford after home defeats to Laois and Monaghan.

Said Murtagh: "Armagh are stretched to the limit at the minute. They have one or two other players injured as well. They are down to the bare bones. As soon as we get this out of the way, we will be more than happy to send down as many as Peter wants. We have a number of players who are good enough to play for Armagh."

The question has long been asked as to whether Crossmaglen's continuing success is good for Armagh. Another worth pondering is whether Rangers' success is good for their own players' inter-county ambitions.

Young players like Paul Kernan and David McKenna are missing out on months of preparations with the county side year after year but Murtagh believes that talent will be the sole arbiter in that scenario.

"They are still only in their early 20s so there is plenty of time. David is looking for a midfield position with Armagh and he is very young to be holding a place for the county team with seasoned midfielders there.

"He is biding his time. He is certainly good enough and he will want to get a wee bit stronger and a wee bit more streetwise to dominate a midfield position for the county but he is doing well for us. I can't complain.

"Paul Kernan has probably been our best player in the Ulster club. He is certainly playing out of his skin at the moment so it is only a matter of time before he gets his run."

Real1995

Good luck to Cross tomo...I kno that cross are our rivals like many other clubs as well, but in the interest of armagh surely the experience of these boys playing in croker,like McKeown, PK, and McKenna ...this can only benefit the county team in the long run...
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2009, 04:51:25 PM
well i have an apology to make...Sorry Billy :-[ thought you were talking about senior football there...Just seen the word Senior and jumped in feet 1st.

Ha ha hung out to dry saan. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'vedecided don't you know that this site is only for the the top level of mature chat ;). Any forms of whit are frowned upon unless you have the pleasure of being in the clicks. Not to mention that some folk just can't take a wee bit of abuse.

I see Cross taking tommorrows game by 4 or 5 confortable points. But you have only to ook at my spreads predictions to see that i am shite at predicting things like that. Anyway i'll be going out for a pint to watch it so good luck to them on the quest for supremacy
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.