Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Final reminder for the Sean Doran Memorial Cup game, Harps v Keady tonight in Abbey Park at 7.30pm.  Hot food & Entertainment afterwards in the social club

All proceeds going to Marie Curie Cancer Care.

winsamsoon

Quote from: nutsy--1 on March 05, 2009, 11:36:40 AM
i can't understand why Down would want to play Cross in a friendly when Cross are at there peak. Getting beat by any club team would shatter confidence.

I don't think they intended to get beat Nutsy. Plus that can swing the other way if the Down county panel at 50% were seen to be beating cross as you say at their peak it would be a good morale boaster. I think this thing of confidence is played on too much in football. It is different if a team is getting hammered week in week out by 10 to 15 points. But if a team is loosing out narrowly to good quality opposition it should spare them on to greater things, to go that further bit. I would say they Down squad like Cross have only used this as a run out exercise tried a few fringe players and men in different positions so i couldn't see it damaging any All Ireland aspiration Down would have had.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

nutsy--1

Keady beat the Harps by a pont last night in Sean Doran Charity match. wasn't a great game but keady deserved to win.

charlie stubbs

tones minors beating silverbridge by 2 lnight row broke out parents/spectators jumped on and hit tones players.. whats that about cullyhanna pints...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: charlie stubbs on March 07, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
tones minors beating silverbridge by 2 lnight row broke out parents/spectators jumped on and hit tones players.. whats that about cullyhanna pints...
First I heard of it, I get the impression you're not telling the whole story?
Nevertheless it's wonderful news, exactly what we need at the minute.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 07, 2009, 04:27:54 PM
First I heard of it, I get the impression you're not telling the whole story?
Nevertheless it's wonderful news, exactly what we need at the minute.

Charlie would het the boot into Tones if needed, he actually would be fair enough like that , so probably a bit of truth in it.

pintsofguinness

I'm not suggesting there's not.

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 07, 2009, 04:58:47 PM
I'm not suggesting there's not.

You said you suggest he is not telling the whole story?

pintsofguinness

I just wonder what happened that caused members of the crowd to get involved and that's not trying to excuse it, if some of our crowd acted the bollocks I'll have no trouble saying it.

fitzroyalty

take it the big son wasn't around to sort it all out

Legs11

no players were hit by spectators stubbs i was at the match it was all settle till the tones keeper ran 60 yards and hit one our players from behind..spectators from both sides were out to stop it tat was all..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Legs11 on March 07, 2009, 10:25:00 PM
no players were hit by spectators stubbs i was at the match it was all settle till the tones keeper ran 60 yards and hit one our players from behind..spectators from both sides were out to stop it tat was all..
Heard Tones had the decency to ring and apologise, fair play.
Seems like a storm in a teacup.

Btw charlie, I assume you didn't hear exactly what happened, members of the crowd went on to the field to stop rows because the ref had lost control, after your goalkeeper ran the length of the field to hit someone.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 08, 2009, 06:48:32 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on March 07, 2009, 10:25:00 PM
Heard Tones had the decency to ring and apologise, fair play.
Seems like a storm in a teacup.

Btw charlie, I assume you didn't hear exactly what happened, members of the crowd went on to the field to stop rows because the ref had lost control, after your goalkeeper ran the length of the field to hit someone.

Seems to be exactly that. Also think it is bad form to write about minor incidents like this on the internet, especially when one's own club is involved...

Any club results from around the county? See Maghery stuffed St Peter's in Pat McMahon Cup, wins for Sarsfield's & Tír na nÓg also

pintsofguinness

QuoteAlso think it is bad form to write about minor incidents like this on the internet, especially when one's own club is involved...
what do you mean?

charlie stubbs

heard that from a minor player wat talking too suppose in hindsight maybe should have not listened to him as know people can exaggerate things when they are involved.apologies pints and to silverbridge