Previous topic - Next topic

full back

What do you think of Marsden illdecide?
I mean from a club perspective, not a county one

illdecide

Quote from: full back on February 21, 2007, 10:08:08 AM
What do you think of Marsden illdecide?
I mean from a club perspective, not a county one

He's a prefectionest in every thing he does, would never cut a corner in a drill if he's told to run to a cone or line thats where he runs to not a yard less. Try marking him in training "nightmare" chases after every thing never gives up. And he is very good at encouraging players after they make a mistake.

He did take a lot of flak a few years ago from Clans men saying he never put anything back into the club and that prob was one of the reasons why he quit Armagh but to me they were just jealous P***Ks. Ok we only had him for about 5 games a year and seldom at training but thats the price you pay when your team mate's a county man. And because he wasn't scoring 1-08 every time he played for the Clans people were saying "he can turn it on for Armagh but not the Clans". But the effort he has put into the club over the last 3 years have been brilliant!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Are you a politician illdecde?  :D
You didnt answer the question.
What about from a club persoective, what sort of impact will it have?
Bound to be a massive loss

illdecide

Quote from: full back on February 21, 2007, 10:55:50 AM
Are you a politician illdecde?  :D
You didnt answer the question.
What about from a club persoective, what sort of impact will it have?
Bound to be a massive loss

It will be a big loss, but there is nothing you can do about it only knuckle down and play away. Clans loss is Armaghs gain, it's hard to say what impact it will have but it certainly won't improve the situation.

Spiritof98

Is he not involved in your management team!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

illdecide

Quote from: Spiritof98 on February 21, 2007, 11:52:49 AM
Is he not involved in your management team!

He was sort off last year, but any more chief...

Armagh4SamAgain

I herd Cross play Harps in the first round of the championship. Has any body got the rest of the draws??
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Spiritof98

Look back a few pages ther big lad,

Wots wrong got another 2 weeks sick!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Armagh4SamAgain

Sorry. Got it now. Never back yet!!  ;)
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Six Inch Nail

Just heard that our auld pals in Cullyhanna appealed their suspensions to The Ulster Council and got off scott free.  The f**king bastards, its the only way I can describe them at the minute.  Its great to know that we not only have a gutless shower of c***ts running the county, it seems that they are a disorganised, gutless shower of c***ts!  Its enough to question your whole association with the GAA.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Armagh Exile

I'm sure your own club representatives on the County Board will be delighted with your remarks about them.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Can anyone post a link or other information as regards Under 12 Go-games that operate in Mid Armagh,
The rules
Pitch Size
any other information

cheers
Its all about the Hurling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on February 21, 2007, 05:06:30 PM
Just heard that our auld pals in Cullyhanna appealed their suspensions to The Ulster Council and got off scott free.  The f**king bastards, its the only way I can describe them at the minute.  Its great to know that we not only have a gutless shower of c***ts running the county, it seems that they are a disorganised, gutless shower of c***ts!  Its enough to question your whole association with the GAA.
Are you f**king joking?! You have to be joking?! How did they get off?

illdecide
Clann Eireann have a new manager this year so its hard to say what he'll do for them, they have quality players but most of them fail to step up to the mark when their needed. St Peters have a very young side and only one real danger man "David Wilson". As for the Tones on their day they are capable of beating most teams they are a very workman like team with no outstanding players. With the momentum the Bridge had from last year i expect them to be challenging for promotion at the end of the year. Division 2 looks very competive this year, should be interesting. Would you be happy with 4pts for the first 3 games?
No I wouldn't, we want to win every game! This time last year I'd have been happy enough to stay down for a few years but considering how well they done last year anything other than promotion this year is a step backwards.  We've a very young team, I would imagine there will be only 2 on the team, and perhaps the panel over the age of 24 (I'm sure six inch nail will shout if I'm wrong). They've to keep moving forward.   
I think division 2 will be very tight,  ourselves, clann eireann, carrickcruppen, Killeavey, Tones, Newtown and possibly St. Pats, the c***ts, challenging for promotion.  None of the other teams are walk overs either.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Lads if yous don't mind fill me in on the Cullyhanna sagga, i take it there was an argy bargy with yourselves (Silverbridge) and St Pats. Is it over the play off matches when there was a few fisty cuffs? (forgive me for being from the other end of the county)

Six Inch Nail

Are you f**king joking?! You have to be joking?! How did they get off?

Pints, apparently the county board were investigating the melee under the wrong rule or something.  Basically they seem to have got off on a technicality.

Quote from: illdecide on February 22, 2007, 08:36:52 AM
Lads if yous don't mind fill me in on the Cullyhanna sagga, i take it there was an argy bargy with yourselves (Silverbridge) and St Pats. Is it over the play off matches when there was a few fisty cuffs? (forgive me for being from the other end of the county)

illdecide,

To summarise, we played Cullyhanna in the Championship last August and drew.  We replayed the following seek which was early September, the replay went to extra time.  We outscored them by about 6 points to 2 in extra time and with about 1 minute left all hell broke loose.  Apparently a couple of Cullyhanna players & also non players made some sort of a signal to start a row.
That is the only apparently there is.  What took place after that was a disgrace and I will now tell you some facts (not speculation):

1. At least 5 Silverbridge players were thumped and kicked on the ground;
2. 2 Silverbridge players were bitten (one had a bruise on his chest for about a week, the other had a piece of skin from his finger bitten off);
3. 1 Silverbridge player was headbutted;
4. A Cullyhanna player stood up on the perimeter fence and repeatedly spat on our supporters;
5. Any amount of our players were hit from behind;
6. One of the offerders was the Cullyhanna manager who hit at least one of our boys from behind;

The referre (Jimmy McKee, who done the best he could) got the match going again after about 5 minutes of this shit - it was plain to be seen that Cullyhanna were trying to get the match abandoned but Jimmy McKee abviously knew this and wanted it finished.

Within about 20 seconds of the restart they had the fight started again, this time 2 of them beating one of our players on the ground.  Another melee started, Jimmy McKee told our keeper to kick the ball out and he blew the full time whistle. The row got settled between the help of Peadar McKeever (the Cullyhanna Chairman) and the fact that we were in the championship semi-final and had no reason to be fighting.

2 of our boys ended up in hospital and they both needed stitches.

As I said at the start, apparently there was some signal to get the row started.  However the rest is fact.  And Cullyhanna get off scott free.  The only player to serve a suspension was one of their players who was actually sent off on the day of the match for being the main reason the melee was kept going.

We, at that stage were in a championshp semi-final the next week and didn't want any fight.

I am seriously pissed off, but draw your own conclusions.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh