Cross were winning 0-12 to 0-01 at Half Time

Strong wind?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Shortso79 on March 04, 2009, 08:45:32 PM
Was at the Down v Crossmaglen match last night in Newry

Good game of football and a good run out for both teams

Final Score was (Per my reckoning) Down 1-11 Crossmaglen 0-18

How strong was the Down team?  0-18 against any team is pretty fine scoring, never mind a county team.  Who says we can't score big :P

illdecide

I was speaking to one of the Cross players this morning who scored 2 pts, he said Down were at about 50% but even at that it is still a v good result. The problem with these games you don't really know how hard the opposition are trying ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The GAA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2009, 11:38:16 PM

How strong was the Down team?  0-18 against any team is pretty fine scoring, never mind a county team.  Who says we can't score big :P

Nobody?

nutsy--1

i can't understand why Down would want to play Cross in a friendly when Cross are at there peak. Getting beat by any club team would shatter confidence.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The GAA on March 05, 2009, 10:20:34 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2009, 11:38:16 PM

Nobody?

Plenty of people say we don't run up big scores, it is the common theme in many report.  Not that it matters ;D

The GAA

Never heard it said.

Don't let it take away from building that siege mentality though!

bennydorano

The GAA

brokencrossbar1

QuoteMore than any other club in either code, Crossmaglen Rangers know how to win. It's what they do. They don't show off, they don't hammer teams, they don't (usually) run up large totals, they simply go on to the field, do their thing for an hour and walk off anything between one and four points the better team.

This is an extract from an article I read recently in the build up to th AI semi.  It sums up many people's attitude to Cross.  i don't necessarily disagree.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2009, 12:45:01 PM
QuoteMore than any other club in either code, Crossmaglen Rangers know how to win. It's what they do. They don't show off, they don't hammer teams, they don't (usually) run up large totals, they simply go on to the field, do their thing for an hour and walk off anything between one and four points the better team.

This is an extract from an article I read recently in the build up to th AI semi.  It sums up many people's attitude to Cross.  i don't necessarily disagree.

The "don't show off" thing is stupid, makes it out as that they could win close games by much more if they wanted too. They play to their best for the whole game, so it is off key. That said, I think they almost always hit 14/15 points every match with very few exceptions, which is very good at club level, so it is a misconception.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on March 05, 2009, 01:06:24 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2009, 12:45:01 PM

The "don't show off" thing is stupid, makes it out as that they could win close games by much more if they wanted too. They play to their best for the whole game, so it is off key. That said, I think they almost always hit 14/15 points every match with very few exceptions, which is very good at club level, so it is a misconception.

the hoors hammered us :-[ :-[

armaghniac

Quotethe hoors hammered us

Well judging by the half time score in Newry you were about the same as the Down county team. You "decide" whether that is any consolation or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on March 05, 2009, 03:28:03 PM
Quotethe hoors hammered us

Well judging by the half time score in Newry you were about the same as the Down county team. You "decide" whether that is any consolation or not.

No, none whatsoever... :'(