Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

don't come back on this thread til you can name the starting midfield pairing for armagh against roscomman in croke park 2 yeaars ago

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 05:22:20 PM

don't come back on this thread til you can name the starting midfield pairing for armagh against roscomman in croke park 2 yeaars ago

I was at the match alright - but you've got me there - can't name them. Sorry. Does that entitle me to come back on ??

The GAA

orangeman

It was a clinker of a game and Armagh were very unlucky not to get a result. I was very impressed with some of your lads.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on February 25, 2009, 03:47:34 PM
Armagh have confirmed that Michael Johnson has been dismissed as manager of the Orchard County senior hurling team.

The St John's, Belfast clubman was hit with a 48-week touchline ban earlier this week for verbally abusing an official during a club game, and it was originally mis-reported that he would be staying on at the Orchard helm.

County secretary Paddy Nugent has clarified that hurling board chairman Paul Kelly will stay on as acting manager, with John Crossley as trainer.

Nugent also rejected Tuesday's media reports that Armagh knew their new manager was facing a ban, insisting: "As soon as we heard of this suspension, we told him that he would no longer be involved."

Bad news after the progress of the Lennon reign.
What did he say to get 48 weeks?!  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

Is this the same incident that was discussed on the Antrim thread, where they tried to con the officials by sending a different guy to the suspension hearing or something?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 25, 2009, 07:02:19 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 25, 2009, 03:47:34 PM
Armagh have confirmed that Michael Johnson has been dismissed as manager of the Orchard County senior hurling team.

The St John's, Belfast clubman was hit with a 48-week touchline ban earlier this week for verbally abusing an official during a club game, and it was originally mis-reported that he would be staying on at the Orchard helm.

County secretary Paddy Nugent has clarified that hurling board chairman Paul Kelly will stay on as acting manager, with John Crossley as trainer.

Nugent also rejected Tuesday's media reports that Armagh knew their new manager was facing a ban, insisting: "As soon as we heard of this suspension, we told him that he would no longer be involved."

Bad news after the progress of the Lennon reign.
What did he say to get 48 weeks?!  ???

"spa says what"

umgolaarmagh

Quote from: illdecide on February 24, 2009, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 24, 2009, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 24, 2009, 10:17:35 AM
If i was 15 stone i'd be delighted BC...lol

I'm sure you'll get to Croke Pk on Paddy's day!!! Hope to get to it myself

I'll be there with bell's on!!!  I'd say it is about 10 years since I say 15 stone, so I'm not really in a position to slag, I would be happy just to see 16 these days!

:D :D :D I know the feeling big lad...i was 16.5 stone there at christmas but i'm down to 15.10 but i still need to get another stone of (right full back i'm waiting on the smart remarks)

It should be a good final but i expect Cross to win with 3-4pts to spare...

Illdecide,

same as yourself, and making a comeback to local football so could be a big match up in the corner

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:57:50 PM

Kelly's not an option unless its in an overseeing capacity - which he was in already. He doesn't know hurling and we need someone capable of organising quality training sessions, structuring a team and coaching the players
I thought that was Crossey's job?

Tony Baloney

You would think that is Crossey's job as there are very few in Armagh know one end of a stick from the other.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 26, 2009, 09:09:15 AM
You would think that is Crossey's job as there are very few in Armagh know one end of a stick from the other.

Bit harsh there... There's a lot of good work going on. The amount of lads you now see walking about with hurling sticks is unreal.

nutsy--1

Paul kelly is the new manager and John Crossey is the trainer.

where granemore playing last night???

Hank Everlast

report from another board...

went down to granemore ballymacnab match. pretty dull affair for a dearby game. thought the ref was bad (both ways) and the game never really came to life even though it was tight it wasn't exciting. mccones frees for ballymacnab won it for them in the end. i suppose both teams have new managers and still getting to know players etc. although ballymacnab had the slight advantage of playing a couple of games in the mid ulster league they looked just that little bit sharper. Ballymacnab 1.08 1.07 Granemore

sameoldstorey

what did the armagh cb do on rogan
thought he had done wonders to the hurling in armagh.

full back

Most clubs know their first 3 fixtures at this stage
Are they online anywhere?