Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

A decent footballer, would make most senior teams, but is not the superstar that many see him to be.  Poor Bowl is afflicted with the paternal problem of unfulfilled dreams!

nutsy--1

Just give him a chance this season to show what a kind of footballer he is, and if he isn't a superstar he wouldn't be the only young player to be given that reputation and fail to make it.

Is granemore playing the nab this weekend???

The GAA

what age is conlon?

Was that his da on that documentary?

bennydorano

Mid-board Cup Semi - Harps v Ballyhegan is in Sherry's Field Sunday 12.30pm.  

Nippy broke a bone in his elbow in last week's game v MAdden, out for a while.

Hank Everlast

Quote from: nutsy--1 on February 19, 2009, 11:09:34 AM
Just give him a chance this season to show what a kind of footballer he is, and if he isn't a superstar he wouldn't be the only young player to be given that reputation and fail to make it.

Is granemore playing the nab this weekend???

i think granemore have agreed to play it midweek to suit the nabs ulster commitments. how neighbourly!

pintsofguinness

twotwo, management had to be changed because last year's management wouldnt take it again, well you know that too!
he must be 22 or 23 now? and yes that was his da on the documentary, with the cursing.   
hes a very talented player though probably a little small for county, talent alone doesnt make you a superstar though, you have to have the right attitude to go with it. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 19, 2009, 01:27:43 PM
twotwo, management had to be changed because last year's management wouldnt take it again, well you know that too!
he must be 22 or 23 now? and yes that was his da on the documentary, with the cursing.   
hes a very talented player though probably a little small for county, talent alone doesnt make you a superstar though, you have to have the right attitude to go with it. 

Was that not the minor management? Conlon's da would've been over the U-16s.

The GAA

If that was his da - and i think he was coaching him at the time - then its not hard to se why there'd be a bit lacking

charlie stubbs

yea he 22.  he got a brave injury when was about 17/18 who knows how much that held him back??no one thing he would start for the clans anyway

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The GAA on February 19, 2009, 02:39:40 PM

If that was his da - and i think he was coaching him at the time - then its not hard to se why there'd be a bit lacking
His da wasn't coaching him at the time, fergal reel (if memory serves) was coaching him in the minors at the time, they went to the final and Ciaran missed it due to his injury.  Fergal Reel is the same man he wouldnt play for for the last two years. 

Ciaran's da, Pat, was coaching the under 16s during the documentary and became famous for all the cursing, roaring and shouting.  :D (didnt see much wrong with it really myself but there was talk about it at the time - from outside the club)

doire na raithe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 19, 2009, 06:41:46 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 19, 2009, 02:39:40 PM

His da wasn't coaching him at the time, fergal reel (if memory serves) was coaching him in the minors at the time, they went to the final and Ciaran missed it due to his injury.  Fergal Reel is the same man he wouldnt play for for the last two years. 

Ciaran's da, Pat, was coaching the under 16s during the documentary and became famous for all the cursing, roaring and shouting.  :D (didnt see much wrong with it really myself but there was talk about it at the time - from outside the club)

Pints condones child abuse...

pintsofguinness

doire na raithe

A grown man swearing aggressively at children, for who he has a duty of care towards, is child abuse and you think theres nothing wrong with it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: doire na raithe on February 19, 2009, 08:02:33 PM
A grown man swearing aggressively at children, for who he has a duty of care towards, is child abuse and you think theres nothing wrong with it.
If that was the case I'd agree with you but he wasn't swearing at them, he'd get carried away and start swearing and yes he could have left it out but it wasn't the lads he was verbally abusing, he wasnt bullying or picking on individuals or anything like that. From what I remember they thought a lot of him. 

doire na raithe